Intel RMA

somebrains

[H]ard|Gawd
I sent in my 2600k yesterday.
Ran stock as an editing machine.
One day it just wouldn't POST.
Generated my RMA thru intel chat, fairly easy.

Has anyone ever been denied replacement?
If recent, did they send back the same gen/model cpu??

I've been denied a few times but that's after I sent it in. Reason was a tray/OEM processor. Why they couldn't figure this out from the markings on the CPU when they were issuing the RMA is beyond me. :confused:

If yours is a boxed/retail CPU and doesn't have any physical damage then there shouldn't be any issues.

You always get back the same cpu. If you check your RMA email it will tell you what cpu you are getting back. As far as being denied, I would imagine it would have to show some sort of physical abuse on the cpu. Damaged, parts knocked off, delidded or something along those lines. I believe the Oems are still 1 year and the Retails are 3 years.

Thanks guys.

Decoding thru their site failed, had to chat with them.

I shot a pic of the box and cpu to show them #'s match and all that...dunno if they bothered or are able to look.

Things got a little weird in that the chat cs agent insisted I send in the fan yet Intel docs show the fan gets scrapped.

There was some misunderstanding with cs agent about whether I had to use the black socket cap or a plastic Intel clamshell to ship back.

I just always wrap my cpu in a hard drive bag {anti static} and then bubble wrap it and the fan just wrap it with bubble wrap. Not really sure why they need the fan but you get a new one back so no big deal on it really. I'm it is dead as long as they get it then nothing to worry about.

Back