Intel RMA upgrade

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have to rma my beloved 6850k thing up and died on me a few weeks ago. I know when ive rma'ed some evga gpus ive gotten a newer version of my gpu because they ddint have mine in stock any more. Has any one ever gotten a free rma upgrade from intel?

that can hardly happen (to say never). isn't the same scenario, intel is manufacturer, they have plenty stock in their own fabs, they have an amazing RMA department, they act really fast and sometimes even they can send you a new CPU before you send yours, however they will only replace the same CPU.

Only way to get a "cheap" not "free" upgrade is via Retail Edge Program, where they offer massive discounts.

So I have to rma my beloved 6850k thing up and died on me a few weeks ago. I know when ive rma'ed some evga gpus ive gotten a newer version of my gpu because they ddint have mine in stock any more. Has any one ever gotten a free rma upgrade from intel?
I have never heard of it happening. Plus, any "upgrade" would put you on a different platform...x299.

that can hardly happen (to say never). isn't the same scenario, intel is manufacturer, they have plenty stock in their own fabs, they have an amazing RMA department, they act really fast and sometimes even they can send you a new CPU before you send yours, however they will only replace the same CPU.

I thought it's only the same CPU to but my email from them says if my cousin isn't available I might receive something else.

Only way to get a "cheap" not "free" upgrade is via Retail Edge Program, where they offer massive discounts.

Back