Intel retail edge winter deal.

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
So what's everyone thoughts on the up coming winter sale are we gonna see a x299 chip or another x99 CPU and what about a coffee lake CPU?

Hoping to see some 8700k action for the holiday deal but i'm not holding my breath. Supplies are too few and far between as it stands.
Historically though, CPUs that have been released during the summer (of the same year) have been up for grabs during holiday deal. *crosses fingers* The upgrade itch has become quite strong!

At least one X299 chip for sure.

i9 7980XE on special for $1998 get it while its hot, or is that get it to get hot this winter.

I'm still using my 6700k from last winter deal. The spring deal was barely less than retail. The summer deal on the 7700k seemed too high considering it's replacement was due out in 2-3 months. I grabbed the Asus motherboard hoping Coffeelake would work, now it is just sitting in my closet. If they have a very cheap 7700k I'll probably grab it to use with the MB from the summer deal.

They said on the spring deal the price was so high because the CPU was so new. If they have an 8700k this winter I would guess the price is not going to be that great.

I'm still using my 6700k from last winter deal. The spring deal was barely less than retail. The summer deal on the 7700k seemed too high considering it's replacement was due out in 2-3 months. I grabbed the Asus motherboard hoping Coffeelake would work, now it is just sitting in my closet. If they have a very cheap 7700k I'll probably grab it to use with the MB from the summer deal.

They said on the spring deal the price was so high because the CPU was so new. If they have an 8700k this winter I would guess the price is not going to be that great.

But you already know when a new cpu comes out it's gonna have close to the MSRP on it. What makes you think otherwise? Jus sayin'

I've only had access to the program since last winter so I don't know what it was like in past deals.

The Spring deal was a joke, it was about the same as buying a CPU/MB combo from Microcenter if you were a Master and worse if you were just an apprentice. I was just saying if there is an 8700k for the winter deal I don't expect it will really be a great deal. Unless they save the really good deals for Winter, last Winters deal was better than the summer deal.

Back