Intel D5400XS Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the processors are closer to the 1000 mark and the board closer to the 500 or sub 500 mark when it hits the majority of the retailers.

I hope the processors are closer to the 1000 mark and the board closer to the 500 or sub 500 mark when it hits the majority of the retailers.

To confirm This board can run with 1 qx9775 correct?

Is it wrong for me to want one of these even though I'd have 6-7 cores sitting idle most of the time? :p

So they take your money now and start shipping boards in 3 weeks? Clever :rolleyes:

The 6x multiplier Harpertown looks interesting [good call Simpson5774], and the E5410 at 7x is just incrementally more at $292. I'd hope to see at least 500 FSB out of a $600 mobo ...so maybe we'll see some 3.2 - 3.5 GHz numbers on the low-end Xeons?

I can't believe I just called a chip with 12MB cache "low end" LoL

If you order from BottomLine, they wont charge until it ships. They do a hold for a day or two to confirm you have the money and then they just charge you once it ships.

Sorry, the processors are $1499.99. That's the MSRP from Intel.

To confirm This board can run with 1 qx9775 correct?

Yes you can. I did try running it with one processor while I was working on the Skulltrail Preview article. It did work, but why buy this board and run with only one processor? I'd rather have two Harpertown processors than just one QX9775. If budget is a consideration then this probably isn't for you. You can get what you need with another board for far less money.

I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Expensive board. :mad:

It does, and are you surprised? It should come down in price after a while.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117152

You could use 2x e5405 harpertown xeons for 265 a pop, but its 1333fsb (couldn't find any 1066 45nm xeons) so your going to be limited in overclocking by the FSB, but 1600mhz shouldn't be hard.

I think that most of the time enthusiasts who spend the money on the board will go the Harpertown route and not the QX9775 route. As for overclocking, I'm not sure how well the board will handle it as in my testing it didn't do so hot in that department. Though for speeds up to 1600MHz FSB it should be alright. That would give those Harpertown CPUs a nice jump in clock speed.

Is it wrong for me to want one of these even though I'd have 6-7 cores sitting idle most of the time? :p

Nope.

And here I thought I was budgeting about $2000 for a new Box. Looks like I'll have to raise that price ALOT of Bit!

Is it me or is $650 for a MB and $1500K for a desktop CPU a tad bit excessive? Still buying it anyway and 2 QX9775 at that.

And here I thought I was budgeting about $2000 for a new Box. Looks like I'll have to raise that price ALOT of Bit!

Is it me or is $650 for a MB and $1500K for a desktop CPU a tad bit excessive? Still buying it anyway and 2 QX9775 at that.

It is excessive, but if you don't need 8 cores I'd advise against going the Skulltrail route. You are also not limited to QX9775 processors with this board. You can just as easily use a Xeon 54xx sereies processor or even 52xx series processors.

Someone eats pizza pops and lives in a basement.
WTF is with lots of Americans buying what they can't afford? I know you can Dan, I'm not saying you can't but the rest of these guys are ifnerring they can afford to blow this kind of money on their computer without a hit to their standard of living which is complete bullshit... Unless it's a low standard anyways. There's more to life than a computer, jesus.

WTF is with lots of Americans buying what they can't afford? I know you can Dan, I'm not saying you can't but the rest of these guys are ifnerring they can afford to blow this kind of money on their computer without a hit to their standard of living which is complete bullshit... Unless it's a low standard anyways. There's more to life than a computer, jesus.

Why do you care? People have a right to spend their money on whatever they want. You do not know what people can or cant afford, so mind your own business.

Leave em be... They may be the people putting there homes in foreclosure and then We come in and buy cheap!! :D:D

Way to dump a five pound bag of steaming bear crap on this thread. Just because you don't see the sense in spending this money on something, doesn't mean someone else feels the same way. What about those who buy mansions when it is just one person living there with a handful of servants? What about guys that spend money on club racing? Or how about guys that spend $50,000 on a boat just to use it once a week at most?

Better question:

Who cares?

We are way off topic here. The Skulltrail setup isn't for the faint or weak of wallet. It is for those who need additional multi-threaded performance that a regular setup can not provide. This also allows people to have a dual purpose machine. One that is capable of running Consumer SLI or Crossfire while having the power to render 3D graphics or edit movies.

Really this is niche hardware. But I'm sure there are fools with enough money on hand, or fools who can scrape enough together to buy this for bragging rights.

We are way off topic here. The Skulltrail setup isn't for the faint or weak of wallet. It is for those who need additional multi-threaded performance that a regular setup can not provide. This also allows people to have a dual purpose machine. One that is capable of running Consumer SLI or Crossfire while having the power to render 3D graphics or edit movies.

Really this is niche hardware. But I'm sure there are fools with enough money on hand, or fools who can scrape enough together to buy this for bragging rights.

I was thinking of buying 1x 9775 alone with a skulltrail then waiting for a birthday for another proc.. :D:D:D

Yeah as awesome as it is, I don't think I could get myself to buy it, even if I wanted to spend every last cent of extra money I have. For 99% of the time I was using my computer, it would be slower than a system that cost half as much. I just wouldn't get the use out of it I wanted except when I was booted into Linux. (I do Linux From Scratch and am constantly rebuilding the whole system when Im in there.)

Still, it is a bragging rights system!

yes it could be seen as foolish, hell if i had the money i would buy this setup, do i need it? NO, though i am sure i could put it to good use... somehow lol. it really isnt about people spending money on an expensive computer that do not need to do as such, really anything could be determined to be as such, since humans really only need food, air, water and shelter and everything else is fluff from a survival/nature standpoint.

so yes i want this setup myself, though i dont need it. should i gather and scrape up the money to purchase such a setup? i dont know yet. would it be foolish and nonsense to spend this kind of money, probably, but hey the money would get spent on something/s else eventually along the line in my life, why not get this setup. that is how i think, most likely flawed :p

WTF is it with other people caring on how others are spending and living their lifestyle.

LMAO at your stupid comments. I can assure you that there are a lot of folks who make a whole lot money more than you, so you can drop your jelousy. Infact, I remember about a year ago some guy posting his Bentley/Aston Martin collections, and there is another guy who has a pretty exotic car setup too.... cars which each rim cost more than these power rigs alone. How about you mind your own business?

I personally don't see myself buying into this skulltrail, I love bleeding edge, but I bled too much with the latest fiascos such as driver issues compatibility, etc. I just want a stable system, and if this skulltrail can prove to be that and much more, then I'll take another gander at it.

WTF is it with other people caring on how others are spending and living their lifestyle.

LMAO at your stupid comments. I can assure you that there are a lot of folks who make a whole lot money more than you, so you can drop your jelousy. Infact, I remember about a year ago some guy posting his Bentley/Aston Martin collections, and there is another guy who has a pretty exotic car setup too.... cars which each rim cost more than these power rigs alone. How about you mind your own business?

I personally don't see myself buying into this skulltrail, I love bleeding edge, but I bled too much with the latest fiascos such as driver issues compatibility, etc. I just want a stable system, and if this skulltrail can prove to be that and much more, then I'll take another gander at it.

Remember the D5400XS is an Intel chipset board made by Intel. It is a very stable platform.

Remember the D5400XS is an Intel chipset board made by Intel. It is a very stable platform.

I'm actually rather excited about going back to an Intel chipset on my next rig.

My last Intel chipset was the god-like 440BX. (Abit BX6r2)

I'm actually rather excited about going back to an Intel chipset on my next rig.

My last Intel chipset was the god-like 440BX. (Abit BX6r2)

I'm a huge fan of Intel chipset based boards. That is why I stuck with Intel even when the Athlon's were sometimes faster. Though I gave in when the 6800 GT's came out and went with the A8N-SLI Deluxe so I could go SLI. The SLI compatible chipsets for the Intel platform weren't worth a shit back then. Plus the gulf between the Pentium 4 and the Athlon 64 was huge back then.

.... My dad could buy an Aston Martin if he wanted to right now. If you really want to try to shit on my "jealousy" you'd know I have frequently stated I"m purchasing one. Unlike the 1 year newbie who posted when he felt that he could show everyone he's the coolest, I can afford alot more shit than you think. Do I work? No. That doesn't mean I don't have the financial means of purchasing one without taking a hit to lifestyle. You need to re-evaluate someone's posts before you open your mouth you fool. Now that you're talking to me like I"m poor I'll have you know my dad is worth 10+ million dollars, and that he's got alot of money in the bank since his equity generates income. Shows how much you know. I don't need to be jealous of anyone, but I do get mad when people buy things they can't afford and ruin the American economy. I'm Canadian and I get pissed off when I see people buying an Alienware m15x laptop like me but using FINANCING. Who the fuck FINANCES a laptop? Why buy things you can't pay off right now? That's just foolish. There is no reason to finance/mortgage unless it's an expense that can be written off.

Now shutup.

McCartney you're making a huge ass of yourself. I would suggest a strategic withdrawal.

no thanks, not when people say I'm jealous. I'm not jealous of anyone, I get pissed when the financial system ruins the economy by providing the means to purchase upper echelon products that people otherwise couldn't afford. That's my problem. In Canada the americanisms of "financing computers" is spreading, and now I bet that n00bie is gonna take out a loan for his skulltrail. I just don't like people spending out of their means and using this pay-per-month credit as their crutch for viability.

.... My dad could buy an Aston Martin if he wanted to right now. If you really want to try to shit on my "jealousy" you'd know I have frequently stated I"m purchasing one. Unlike the 1 year newbie who posted when he felt that he could show everyone he's the coolest, I can afford alot more shit than you think. Do I work? No. That doesn't mean I don't have the financial means of purchasing one without taking a hit to lifestyle. You need to re-evaluate someone's posts before you open your mouth you fool. Now that you're talking to me like I"m poor I'll have you know my dad is worth 10+ million dollars, and that he's got alot of money in the bank since his equity generates income. Shows how much you know. I don't need to be jealous of anyone, but I do get mad when people buy things they can't afford and ruin the American economy. I'm Canadian and I get pissed off when I see people buying an Alienware m15x laptop like me but using FINANCING. Who the fuck FINANCES a laptop? Why buy things you can't pay off right now? That's just foolish. There is no reason to finance/mortgage unless it's an expense that can be written off.

Now shutup.

What the fuck? Are we in elementary school? Knock this shit off. No one cares about what your daddy does or how much money he has. You need a reality check, not everyone can leach off of their daddy's titty and not have to work.

Some of us can afford hardware like this and will buy it if they want. To some people hardware like this (though not necessarily needed), is like having a Ferrari. If you can, why not? Its' your money use it when and how you need or want to use it. There is no reason to get worked up about this. Obviously most people aren't going to see the Skulltrail platform as a viable option due to cost or lack of performance given the amount of money it costs but it is their choice. Whether it is a smart buy or not is up to the individual evaluating it for purchase.

If you want to eat Ramen noodles all year and live in your parents basement to pay for something like this, then go right ahead.

McCartney you're making a huge ass of yourself. I would suggest a strategic withdrawal.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back