Intel 13900KF Serial IO errors

The Cobra

2[H]4U
Hi All, I rebuilt my new system with a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro for Workstations . Installed all drivers, no issues. Came home today after being out with family and saw this with multiple beeping:(All of my specs are in my signature)

Screenshot 2022-12-31 174552.png

Screenshot 2022-12-31 2.png

I am also getting an Unknown USB Device error. I have unplugged everything and I am still getting this error. If I uninstall the Serial IO drivers, the errors go away. I also did another fresh install of Windows and the same errors. I did all the defaults on the motherboard (Asus ProArt Creative)

Can't seem to figure this out.

Hi All, I rebuilt my new system with a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro for Workstations . Installed all drivers, no issues. Came home today after being out with family and saw this with multiple beeping:(All of my specs are in my signature)

View attachment 538615

View attachment 538617

I am also getting an Unknown USB Device error. I have unplugged everything and I am still getting this error. If I uninstall the Serial IO drivers, the errors go away. I also did another fresh install of Windows and the same errors. I did all the defaults on the motherboard (Asus ProArt Creative)

Can't seem to figure this out.
Did you install the serial I/O drivers from Asus?
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._UCM_RPL_TP_W11_64_V30100222120_20220818R.zip

here is the entire downloads page:
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/proart z690-creator wifi/helpdesk_download/

You have to click "show all" under each category, to see everything. The serial I/O driver is under the chipset category.

Thanks for all the help so far.

So I got the IO drivers installed and fixed. The unknown USB device also went away. Now this pops up:

1.PNG

2.PNG

Never heard of that before and can't seem to find anything of value on a Google search or the Asus support site.

Looks like Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver

Thank you for your help. Got it nailed down to the bios for the MB. I had already updated to 2204 bios for the 13900. There was an additional framnework that was needed (In addition to the ones above) that is called the Intel-ME version 16 firmware. Once I applied that firmware as well, everything came up as needed.

Thx again for the help.

Excellent.

Intel has so many drivers for their "chipset"/Motherboard stuff, it can be a real pain to make sure you have it all.

Welp, I spoke too soon. Same Unknown Device Error:

3.png

4.png

All I have hooked up is my keyboard, mouse, USB3 controller from my monitor, and a creative labs SXFI Carrier system hooked up via usb-c. All items work correctly. All games play correctly. I can't even disable the device because it still beeps at me with an unknown device.

This is becoming asinine. It seems like with Intel there are 50 million things I need to install for it to work properly and AMD is just a simple chipset install. Becoming frustrated with this.

View attachment 538831

View attachment 538834

All I have hooked up is my keyboard, mouse, USB3 controller from my monitor, and a creative labs SXFI Carrier system hooked up via usb-c. All items work correctly. All games play correctly. I can't even disable the device because it still beeps at me with an unknown device.

This is becoming asinine. It seems like with Intel there are 50 million things I need to install for it to work properly and AMD is just a simple chipset install. Becoming frustrated with this.
What exactly is beeping? You say everything works?

What exactly is beeping? You say everything works?
This keeps popping up every 2 mins. its annoying as hell. All of my USB devices work fine. They have no issues. But this phantom keeps appearing. Even disabled, it keeps popping up. All the USB items work as stated. Plugged them all into my old system and no errors.

5.png

This keeps popping up every 2 mins. its annoying as hell. All of my USB devices work fine. They have no issues. But this phantom keeps appearing.

View attachment 538843
That usually comes up when you hook in a bad device or a USB port is bad. I don't think you have a driver issue. Sounds like something on the motherboard might be triggering it, to me at least.

you can look at windows event manager. It may explain what port the device is connected to.

This keeps popping up every 2 mins. its annoying as hell. All of my USB devices work fine. They have no issues. But this phantom keeps appearing. Even disabled, it keeps popping up. All the USB items work as stated. Plugged them all into my old system and no errors.

View attachment 538843
Does event log give you a device id or port?

I ran into a similar USB issue with my Asus Z690 motherboard. Seems like the board doesn't play well with certain USB hubs and devices, especially if you have a lot of USB devices plugged in at the same time.

I was able to resolve it by removing the offending USB hub. I do think it's a compatibility issue on the part of the newer board's chipset because that same USB hub worked fine with my previous Z390 board.

View attachment 538831

View attachment 538834

Did you install all of the drivers in the 'chipset' section from Asus? If not, you should.

Intel Management Engine Interface V2240.3.4.0(SW 2242.3.34.0) For Windows 10/11 64-bit.
Version 2240.3.4.0 317.07 MB
Improve system Stability & Security.
DOWNLOAD
Intel Chipset Driver V10.1.19222.8341 for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 10.1.19222.8341 6.7 MB

DOWNLOAD
Intel GNA V3.0.0.1457 for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 3.0.0.1457 2.29 MB

DOWNLOAD
Intel SIO Driver V30.100.2221.20 for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 30.100.2221.20 4.89 MB

Also make sure you have the thunderbolt driver installed. And then have the security on the thunderbolt port opened up, so its totally plug and play.

After that, run Windows update. It often picks up several little updates for various intel firmwares and chipset devices.

Last edited:
Did you install all of the drivers in the 'chipset' section from Asus? If not, you should.

Intel Management Engine Interface V2240.3.4.0(SW 2242.3.34.0) For Windows 10/11 64-bit.
Version 2240.3.4.0 317.07 MB
Improve system Stability & Security.
DOWNLOAD
Intel Chipset Driver V10.1.19222.8341 for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 10.1.19222.8341 6.7 MB

DOWNLOAD
Intel GNA V3.0.0.1457 for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 3.0.0.1457 2.29 MB

DOWNLOAD
Intel SIO Driver V30.100.2221.20 for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit.
Version 30.100.2221.20 4.89 MB

Also make sure you have the thunderbolt driver installed. And then have the security on the thunderbolt port opened up, so its totally plug and play.

After that, run Windows update. It often picks up several little updates for various intel firmwares and chipset devices.

All of them are installed. The USB issue seems to be when both USB 2 and 3 are plugged in at the same time. I have all my V2 USB devices plugged directly into the board and the one USB 3 device plugged into the from USB port. I have openeind a ticket with Asus.

Back