Installed the EVGA Hybrid cooler on my RTX 3080 FTW3 and now my PC stops at on Code 97.

Ya, mine might have been a refurbed with a fresh cooler on it since it had the peel still on it. What makes me think that is that the bottom of the outer sleeve didn't have the EVGA seal on it, just the top was sealed.
hmm I just looked at my RMA card and it also says packaged in the USA. Has EVGA seals on both ends. It was packaged up the same as the one I brought from the store. I payed no mind to where the original card was mad. Anyway I am able to push this card farter OC. It is running a tad hotter then the other one. I am happy with it. I assume since the serial # is higher I got a newer card at least.

My b-stock cards all arrived with seals, but stickers on the card end with -rx for model number.

hmm I just looked at my RMA card and it also says packaged in the USA. Has EVGA seals on both ends. It was packaged up the same as the one I brought from the store. I payed no mind to where the original card was mad. Anyway I am able to push this card farter OC. It is running a tad hotter then the other one. I am happy with it. I assume since the serial # is higher I got a newer card at least.
Both of mine says Packaged in the USA on the serial number stickers on the boxes. The serial number of the new card is around 300 higher than my original one.

EVGA does have a place in California where they do work on cards. Watched a Youtube video where Jay2centz took one of his over there to be repaired that he had messed up. They may be doing that or they may just be swapping bad ones out for good ones. Hard to really tell.

Did you install the hybrid cooler? If so what kind of improvements did you get vs stock?

Back