Inside Amazon's Smart Warehouse

There is absolutely no logic in saying that the sooner Amazon get automated, the better it is for humanity. Working conditions are bad in Amazon warehouses because of the absolute greediness of Jeff Bezos and he will be no less greedy if everything becomes automated. Also, who is going to continue buying these products when there is no money being made to buy these products with?

Universal Basic Income, aka Universal Basic Slavery.

Its coming in the next year at most.

I build the networks for Amazon, Nike, DHL & Geodis. After a few drinks last week, I was talking to randomperson01 at my hotel and was asked what I was doing in Memphis. My response: Designing, building computer networks for robots to put humans out of jobs.

I read Amazon is buying up all the closing down shopping malls for warehouses. They are getting big buildings in the city with huge parking lots and loading docks.

I read Amazon is buying up all the closing down shopping malls for warehouses. They are getting big buildings in the city with huge parking lots and loading docks.
That is. Smart idea. The future will be all walmart stores and Amazon warehouses. We all going to be working for one of those two!

Lies! Where are all the Amazon slaves ;)

Amazon faces lawsuit over missed lunch breaks​

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/27/22353929/lawsuit-alleges-amazon-failed-breaks-overtime-wages

Lawsuit against Amazon alleging it failed to protect workers from COVID-19​

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/10/...rkers-covid-19-new-york-warehouse-smalls-jfk8

Amazon delivery drivers scoff at company's claim that its workers don't pee in bottles​

https://techxplore.com/news/2021-03-amazon-delivery-drivers-scoff-company.html

Plus others

edit: I see other posters agree with me ;)

Last edited:
Universal Basic Income, aka Universal Basic Slavery.

Its coming in the next year at most.
There's also the alternative which is Citizen's dividend aka Universal Basic Dividend. The idea is that instead taxing money for a Basic Income, the government owns 10% stock of each company and uses that to pay for a Basic Income. It's the same idea but you don't have people upset that they're working while some lazy guy is home playing video games and getting free money, even though it's basically the same thing.

Also I wouldn't bet on a UBI next year. Maybe in 9 years?
Oh yes, the you will own nothing, you will rent everything and you will be happy.
Stop paying property taxes and tell me if you own anything.
Yep all these Covid checks are leading up to it. The more dependent upon the government people are, the more the government can take your rights away without consequence.

Its Stockholm Syndrome on a nationwide scale.
Meanwhile Amazon hasn't paid taxes for 2 years, and got a $129 million tax rebate for 2018. They did have to pay $162 million in 2019, which is a far cry from the 21% federal corporate tax rate. You don't see Amazon worried about their rights being taking away with all the free money they receive.

If you guys are worried about the government getting involved then that's a problem with our democracy being weak. You aren't afraid of the government but the rich puppeteers controlling them, because we all assume they're corrupt, which is probably true, but that's our fault.

I build the networks for Amazon, Nike, DHL & Geodis. After a few drinks last week, I was talking to randomperson01 at my hotel and was asked what I was doing in Memphis. My response: Designing, building computer networks for robots to put humans out of jobs.
Minister of Labor in South Korea just warned people that they need to learn to work alongside automation and AI. Just like he said, it's because Korea tends to move along faster with technology than most other countries do. We're talking about a country that went paperless with their money, so I believe him.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...8gyt0wK_qTJ1wOlGp80ZscfpD5dmblSzhbsrLbISZy5AY

You clearly have not been paying attention to the goings on. Do a search for my quote and you will probably see what I am speaking about but, use DuckDuckgo because Google and Bing are probably blocking those results.
People don't realize how obnoxious the results blocking and censorship has gotten among the biggest search engines.

The bots line up so fast there's no time to take a break, they work no-stop until their break/clock-out time.

That's pretty much every factory job. I worked (briefly) in a manufacturing plant when I was younger (we made parts for furniture), and it was the same thing: you get one lunch and two breaks, otherwise you are expected to be on the floor working. Time goes faster that way anyway, you get into a zone, like a meditation, and next thing you know the whistle goes off.

That's pretty much every factory job. I worked (briefly) in a manufacturing plant when I was younger (we made parts for furniture), and it was the same thing: you get one lunch and two breaks, otherwise you are expected to be on the floor working. Time goes faster that way anyway, you get into a zone, like a meditation, and next thing you know the whistle goes off.
What? You mean people shouldn't be able to stand by the time clock 20 minutes early? So heartless!

I have no doubt Amazon management are utter dicks on multiple levels, and some of the anti-unionization stuff they're apparently doing seems creepy (propaganda posters in bathroom stalls), but on the other hand the people whining about being "treated like slaves" are of a generation that grew up soft and kinda entitled - they've never known a factory equivalent job since those have been gone for so long.

I have no doubt Amazon management are utter dicks on multiple levels, and some of the anti-unionization stuff they're apparently doing seems creepy (propaganda posters in bathroom stalls), but on the other hand the people whining about being "treated like slaves" are of a generation that grew up soft and kinda entitled - they've never known a factory equivalent job since those have been gone for so long.

"but on the other hand the people whining about being "treated like slaves" are of a generation that grew up soft and kinda entitled - they've never known a factory equivalent job since those have been gone for so long."

You are wrong about that but, I guess having too pee in bottles is no big deal, eh? Or achieving the requirements only for those requirements to be increased, every single time? We need to fight for the real rights of workers who are being treated poorly, not look down upon them.

You are wrong about that but, I guess having too pee in bottles is no big deal, eh? Or achieving the requirements only for those requirements to be increased, every single time? We need to fight for the real rights of workers who are being treated poorly, not look down upon them.
Didn't say that. I'd be all for AMZ cutting some slack, and even have employees on a profit sharing plan.

But when I've seen interviews with disgruntled AMZ employees, Ive noticed a common thread where many had more lofty expectations, like they had fantasized going to work for a big popular tech company and would be hanging out playing foosball in the game room like its a Google campus.

These situations are always more nuanced than the headlines, and the loud rhetoric from either side.

Didn't say that. I'd be all for AMZ cutting some slack, and even have employees on a profit sharing plan.

But when I've seen interviews with disgruntled AMZ employees, Ive noticed a common thread where many had more lofty expectations, like they had fantasized going to work for a big popular tech company and would be hanging out playing foosball in the game room like its a Google campus.

These situations are always more nuanced than the headlines, and the loud rhetoric from either side.
It's like listening to a coworker complain about management writing them up and that they're gonna go see a steward.

Then you find out they're late every other day. The public sector has made me extremely skeptical of employee complaints.

The thing is, I have been paying attention to this and other Amazon things for a few years now. It really is as they said it is and things need to change. However, most folks support Big Corporations and have no issues with what they are doing, which I find to be really stupid thing to do.

It's like listening to a coworker complain about management writing them up and that they're gonna go see a steward.

Then you find out they're late every other day. The public sector has made me extremely skeptical of employee complaints.

What it really is about is that you find out there are on time every day, doing their work and it is never, ever good enough. Oh, companies and corporations do not care about you, at all and therefore, in this and Walmart's case, a good Union is needed for both.

What it really is about is that you find out there are on time every day, doing their work and it is never, ever good enough. Oh, companies and corporations do not care about you, at all and therefore, in this and Walmart's case, a good Union is needed for both.
Maybe that's your experience, idk. I unloaded trucks at Wally world and never had issues. Then again I showed up and worked. Had friendly relations with management, and if anything, it was slackers on the line giving me stress.

That's just me though.

Oh yes, the you will own nothing, you will rent everything and you will be happy.
With property taxes, isn't everyone doing that already? :whistle:
Little bit of truth in this...

It happens always when an organization takes over an entire field of dealing with customers as a giant.

Maybe that's your experience, idk. I unloaded trucks at Wally world and never had issues. Then again I showed up and worked. Had friendly relations with management, and if anything, it was slackers on the line giving me stress.

That's just me though.

I have no experience working at Walmart, thankfully. However, I do believe the experience of others, such as the sexual harassment that occurs in Walmart's across the globe.

Been at UPS for 14 years. We used to be leaders in tech for logistics, definitely not anymore, but different sector than this - sort of.

I have to agree with whoever said it earlier... I don't think a lot of people who go to work at Amazon understand what they're really getting into. I've worked at a Frito-Lay DC also. All logistics warehouses are in the same ballpark with the same production goals and expectations. It isn't anything new.

Personally, I don't understand how people do any of these jobs. I lasted 3 months at Frito-Lay and wanted to blow my brains out because the work was so mindless. Worked my way up through management over the years at UPS to a spot where I can be creative and am forced to strategize and formulate ideas where I am much happier.... but..... seeing the general populace of the work-force, I 100% don't think a lot of people are capable of that or even desire it. It's probably always been like that, it isn't just this generation or that generation.

So are we pushing people to be happy working in a factor like job, or should we push away from factory like jobs and focus on automating them? I wouldn't be surprised when unions form for Amazon workers then suddenly Amazon nearly fully automates their warehouses. Probably with a much higher failure rate than an Amazon worker, like sending a PS4 to someone who ordered a PS5, but for Amazon that might be worth doing statistically.

Do we really want to push for this type of employment? Do we want Amazon workers to be as happy as Apple factory workers to the point where we need to install nets to catch them jumping off roofs because they are so happy working that they jump for joy?
4f109dd7eab8ea441d000011.jpg

Last edited:
AI will complete the conversion to an automated future referred to as "Star Trek" world. In star trek world have you ever seen anyone with a wallet? or wondering about having the months rent? Or not doing warp core efficiency experiments in their "Free Time"? They just move about apparently happily performing tasks and reproducing to feed the collective ...are they really happy? Those that know this to be your future have chosen the CCPBorg model as THE system to run star trek world. Foremost for its efficiency dealing with species refusing to be assimilated.

AI will complete the conversion to an automated future referred to as "Star Trek" world. In star trek world have you ever seen anyone with a wallet? or wondering about having the months rent? Or not doing warp core efficiency experiments in their "Free Time"? They just move about apparently happily performing tasks and reproducing to feed the collective ...are they really happy? Those that know this to be your future have chosen the CCPBorg model as THE system to run star trek world. Foremost for its efficiency dealing with species refusing to be assimilated.
There's no money in the Star Trek Universe, because anything you need can be made instantly without any work on your end thanks to the replicator. Work is mainly automated. Why does anyone do anything in the Star Trek future? Sheer absolute boredom!

There's no money in the Star Trek Universe, because anything you need can be made instantly without any work on your end thanks to the replicator. Work is mainly automated. Why does anyone do anything in the Star Trek future? Sheer absolute boredom!

Seriously, I hope you are being sarcastic or just ignorant of the Star Trek Universe. The Federation does not have currency but money most certainly exists in the Star Trek Universe.

Seriously, I hope you are being sarcastic or just ignorant of the Star Trek Universe. The Federation does not have currency but money most certainly exists in the Star Trek Universe.
Ok it does but not in the Federation, which is like where 99% of the show takes place.

Ummmmm if you have a replicator.... and you can make anything... why cant you make Latinum? ...or more replicators? the need for money seems to be counter to obvious trek reality. In any case the Nvidia made CCPBorg implants will inhibit unapproved thoughts and behaviours.

Ummmmm if you have a replicator.... and you can make anything... why cant you make Latinum? ...or more replicators? the need for money seems to be counter to obvious trek reality. In any case the Nvidia made CCPBorg implants will inhibit unapproved thoughts and behaviours.

Because replicated stuff is just as real as counterfeit currency.

Back