In Win A1 case?

Necere , I would be interested in your thoughts on this chassis, and how you might set up the fans...

Obviously, the two fans under the GPU are intended for intake, as they are filtered...

The two upper fans are not filtered at all...

I would think the rear fan is intended for exhaust; but the side fan, intake or exhaust...?

I want to think intake, providing cool air for the upper chassis, but it is not filtered, so should it be exhaust...?

If the side fan Is exhaust though, then the only cool air entering the chassis would be heated as it passes the GPU...
Bottom intake, side/back exhaust seems to be what it's designed for, yeah. The side as exhaust probably does give better temps, at least with a full-length open cooler GPU, since it'll be drawing out a good portion of the GPU exhaust, rather than having it all go through the CPU cooler and out the back.

Reactions: Boil
like this
I can't get over how ugly the bottom acrylic RGB thing is. The case would actually look good otherwise and without the bottom fans would be ~19L which is very competitive for a mainstream case, especially one that supports large CPU coolers and has a window. They could have just had the GPU intake directly from the bottom, had the side as additional intake and exhaust out the back. Mainstream manufacturers always miss the mark with ITX cases, there's always one or two deal-breakers.

The other issue is the poorly placed I/O, not only is it on the top for a case that will sit on a desk, but also at the opposite site of the window.

I can't get over how ugly the bottom acrylic RGB thing is. The case would actually look good otherwise and without the bottom fans would be ~19L which is very competitive for a mainstream case, especially one that supports large CPU coolers and has a window. They could have just had the GPU intake directly from the bottom, had the side as additional intake and exhaust out the back. Mainstream manufacturers always miss the mark with ITX cases, there's always one or two deal-breakers.

The other issue is the poorly placed I/O, not only is it on the top for a case that will sit on a desk, but also at the opposite site of the window.

I wonder if you can take the bottom part off and add custom feet?

I wonder if you can take the bottom part off and add custom feet?

Doesn't seem like it. HardwareCanucks just posted a review:

The bottom fan compartment is part of the main enclosure, so you can't take it out. It's a shame as it's otherwise not a bad case if your priorities are window, ATX PSU, and 120mm CPU cooler. The bottom is a total deal-breaker for me though, it's hideous. The I/O on top is bad too, although I wouldn't have expected them to put it elsewhere as virtually no one else does except the M1. It's actually one of my favorite features of the M1, much cleaner for your headphones cable to come out horizontally from the bottom.

Back