Im Back to the Green

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
So after a year with a XFX 6900 XT I decided to part with it. While the card itself is a beast, it didn't perform as well with ray tracing as Nvidia, and the drivers were consistently buggy. Plus the fact that WHQL drivers are far and few in between, almost 3 months and still no WHQL drivers. So I put in for the Newegg shuffle today, and selected a EVGA 3080 12GB FTW3 Ultra, plus a EVGA PSU that came with it (I'll selling that on the forum with the 6900 XT). Would you believe I got a text and email saying I had won, i never have that kind of luck.So I'll have it Thursday, it'll be good to be back with Nvidia!!

COMBO PRICE:$1449.98

Add 11 to that. Depending on the state don't forget tax.

he got it before me....

I kind of wish that I stay team red, Stock Image looked better to me then Nvidia .

Looking really good!

IMG_3472.jpg

Welcome back to the Empire.

I love eye candy in games, and my RTX 3080 provides it in droves. :D

Nice rig... needs some water though... ;)
Yeah people have said that, but with my ambient temps being 68F or cooler year round, the AMD Wraith does as good a job as the AIO's. So I never saw the need for the additional expense for little to no gain.

Yeah people have said that, but with my ambient temps being 68F or cooler year round, the AMD Wraith does as good a job as the AIO's. So I never saw the need for the additional expense for little to no gain.
Uh no. While the wraith is not a bad cooler, it's not a 240 or 360 aio. It's the bare minimum on a 3900x/5900x.

That's not true, but I will concede that the Wraith Prism is an excellent cooler for most uses.

That's a sweet looking CPU fan. But it's horizontal? What's underneath that? Looks really short.

Back