IKEA Partners with ASUS' Republic of Gamers Brand for Gaming Furniture

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
"IKEA has already jumped into tech with a smart home division and AR furniture app, but now it’s making a leap into an entirely new category: PC gaming. The Swedish company has announced that it’s teaming up with ASUS’ Republic of Gamers (ROG) division to create “affordable gaming furniture accessories” with a line of around 30 products."
Source: https://www.engadget.com/ikea-asus-rog-gaming-furniture-091759480.html

Not going to lie, looking around my home office and 7 out of the 10 furniture pieces in here are IKEA. Watching this with a bit of interest, but I'm not one to get hyped about IKEA gaming furniture. :ROFLMAO: Hoping that IKEA doesn't turn out "racing-style" gaming chairs with ROG badges, complete with seat belt harnesses and lateral G bolstering.

Last edited:
Bet we'll see a Fredde with ROG branding, RGB lighting, and twice the price.

Reactions: travm
like this
The swedes, eh? You open up the box and before you get to the instructions a 64color midi-infused crack screen appears.......<rimshot>

If they really want to gain some cred with PC Gamers - they should bring back the Jerker. If there was any Ikea desk that was 'beloved' it was probably that one.

If they really want to gain some cred with PC Gamers - they should bring back the Jerker. If there was any Ikea desk that was 'beloved' it was probably that one.

I'm typing on one now! It has lasted me since university. I'd love to seen an upgraded version of it made with higher-end materials, more size options in terms of both width and depth, powered adjustable height, while keeping the modular elements (you could buy a variety of things like book/magazine racks, swing-arm shelves and long top shelf units etc. I wish they had special modules for cable management though). Perhaps some of the FREDDE features could be merged as well. There are a couple little elements in its design that could be polished (they'll need to adjust a few things for cable management as well as easy mounting of either very large or multi-monitor swing arms. ), but I've not seen anything from Ikea since that was even half as viable an enthusiast desk.

I've been seeking a new desk for quite some time but haven't found much to my interest. I was hoping to see CaseLabs prototype "high end desk that is also a computer case/enclosure" setup but alas they're gone now. At current, LianLi's DK-05F is nice but for the price I expect the entire thing to be modular, CaseLabs style, including easy replacement of all the front inputs (ie when USB 4.x etc.. comes out, the front panel should be made to officially upgrade etc). I dont' think IKEA / ROG furniture is likely to be the kind of ultra high end thing out there, but hopefully they're serious about making it look aesthetically pleasing and not out of line with other elements of the decor; RGB as an option is fine, but RGB as a style in and of itself isn't going to serve to blend in.

Yeah, I had to do a search to confirm Ikea actually marketed a desk with the name "Jerker".

I shouldn't be so mad about this but Ikea's processes really couldn't handle the demand for furniture well during these past few months. I had to axe my dreams of a big ass ikea desk after striking out through June and July and checking their online stock daily. They also have a history of discontinuing bestsellers like the Jerker or substituting with cheap ass redesigns. FU Ikea. Rant over.

So cheaply made furniture that's a pain to put together with tons of RGB crap that's compatible with aura. Ikea products can be a good deal but that likely goes out the window with ROG branding not to mention that the aesthetics of ROG products are easily the least desirable part to me though that's probably just because I'm not the target audience for that.

$200 electric lift desk frame from Amazon and a $100 solid wood top from Ikea back in March and I have a decent looking, solid, height adjustable desk already. If ASUS slapped ROG branding on it, it would be around $900.

Back