IE 11 for Windows 7 is out.

IE 11 now available for Windows 7 users. Go to www.microsoft.com/ie and you'll be offered the update. Not a big fan of IE but it appears to run a heck of a lot better. Too early to tell about web site compatibility issues.

Yeah I know IE is not an OS, but Windows 7 is.

IE11 rocks. Been waiting for it to use at work for a while. I thought it wasn't coming till late December / early January.

Also, it seems IE11 lets you rename desktop url shortcuts without losing the icon. IE9 didn't like it when you created shortcuts from the right click menu and renamed them.

Last edited:
the Release Preview had some bugs which hopefully got sorted out...other then that I liked IE11 a lot...very fast page rendering

More and more sites are dropping support for IE newer versions. Unless IE 11 can do what firefox does, I don't think it's a worthy change. I didn't think I was going to say this, but firefox seems to be the most compatible. IE is not even compatible with previous IE pages.

Sure, I use more than one browser, but I'm not sure why I'd bother with IE 11 unless it installs as part of Windows Update. For a super fast lightweight browser, I'd just use chrome. For activex, you can use IE 8.0 up. I use it on my Windows 8.1 machine because I haven't bothered to find a way to take it out of the picture completely.

In my experience, the most irritating is LoB websites that claim they support IE, yet when trouble arises their knee jerk reaction "use Chrome". IE is the most widely used browser in the world, yet some companies developers that let their personal feelings influence their programming and do not support it due to personal reasons. We actually used a program that the company said they only built it for Chrome. What the hell ... they expect you install it on hundreds if not thousands of computers rather than use the browser that's included by default? It's BS.

Question, (bare with me as I try to remember)

There was a guy on here not all that long ago asking people to sign a petition to get MS's Internet Explorer browser a faster refresh rate or something - so that all the other browsers would follow suit???

I've searched around for it but, can't quite remember the details so I can't find it and I could be wrong above but, I'm wondering if this new IE 11 fixed those issues or not?

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Snowknight26! I'm 99% sure that's what he was talking about. Sad to see all those posts there pleading with Microsoft to fix that 120Hz refresh-rate FPS issue, yet, they fail miserably yet again.

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/fe...hz-computer-monitors-works-at-60hz-75hz-100hz

Without even looking at it I can tell you it hasn't been fixed. Unless it's a security issue or a blocking bug (crash), it won't be fixed until at least the next version.

Question, (bare with me as I try to remember)

There was a guy on here not all that long ago asking people to sign a petition to get MS's Internet Explorer browser up to 64-bit or was it a faster refresh rate or something - so that all the other browsers would follow suit???
IE has had a 64-bit version since IE7 was released over 7 years ago.

There are dozens of IE petitions, but I'm not sure of which one(s) fits your description.

Indeed, Snowknight26 already found it. Simply read the posts above.

Is there a link here for the 'Mark Reijon's testufo' thing? Maybe somebody should let him know about this thread? I'd like to hear what he has to say about all of this.

He's talking about Mark Reijon's testufo. IE11 won't go to 120hz, if I remember correctly.

Back