IE 10 sucks just as bad as IE 9

Checking out IE 10.....Anyone have fun trying to download and either open or save a file in IE 10? First off you don't even get a download progress screen. You don't know if it's downloading or not. Only after the download completes does an option pop up to open or save. It won't let you do either though unless the download has a certificate with it. If not it won't open and if you save it you have to then unlock it, at which point when you try to run the executable it asks you what program you want to open the exe file with.

What a shitty mess. I pity folks that have to use IE 9 or 10. At least 9 lets you download files without issue.

I'm experiencing nothing like you are experiencing.

I think your computer is having id-10t errors.

http://support.microsoft.com/

:D

I haven't tried IE10 yet, but I was/am impressed with IE9. It doesn't offer any 'new' features over other browsers, but it did everything I wanted without much bloat. Unless a user wants more using plugins I don't see what the problem with IE9 is.

I also have not seen the issues reported by Mister Natural- I move between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and would be hard-pressed to tell the functional difference between IE9 and IE10 on the desktop.

I haven't seen what you're seeing, Mister Natural. But I still don't like IE 10; I'm spoiled by Chrome and how streamlined it is. "It just works" and the interface is snappy.

So I sold my soul to Google ( or perhaps more accurately, my metrics ). I get a browser with all the bells and whistles I want.

I haven't seen what you're seeing, Mister Natural. But I still don't like IE 10; I'm spoiled by Chrome and how streamlined it is. "It just works" and the interface is snappy.

So I sold my soul to Google ( or perhaps more accurately, my metrics ). I get a browser with all the bells and whistles I want.

Let's move forward and assume it was a glitch which I resolved by reverting the new pc back to IE9. I'd have to agree though, I think Chrome is the preferred browser. As a matter of fact I'm considering making it the default browser among the organization for security reasons.

I've been using IE10 since it released and I like it. I'm not having any issues with it at all and I like the auto correct feature it has for text and the little eyeball button that let's you see what password you typed is handy. Granted I'm not a browser "power user" so maybe that's why it's working fine for me.

I failed to mention one of my big problems with IE 9 was users were having printing problems in an active directory environment to network printers. Anytime they tried to print a web page to a network printer they got blank pages. Reverting those users to IE8 fixed the problem. It is a known issue and it's easier to move users back to IE 8 than dealing with server changes required to fix the problem.

Any MSKB on the 'known IE9 AD printing issue'? I have customers using IE9 in an AD environment without printing issues. I know there is an AD printer INSTALL/Driver issue with Win 7 and AD printers, but not exclusive to IE9. There is also a hotfix for the same.

Back