I think my pc diying. Psu or ? Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said :"Internal fault on your motherboard or processor will make your computer shut off as well." I am worried. Last question and i am closing this thread.

Dude. Seriously. Run some hardware checks if you want but the thing is fine. We’re done here. Stop panicking and use your computer.

Dude. Seriously. Run some hardware checks if you want but the thing is fine. We’re done here. Stop panicking and use your computer.
So why that happened? On reddit guys told me it was psu issue.

Last edited:
I write to Seasonic. They answered me this:"
Like previously said, it's not a PSU issue yet you keep asking on all forums and even to us.
It's not a power outage as a longer one enough would have triggered all your devices and not only the PSU. PSU got a holdup time that allows it to work even with a micro outage. So once again, your issue happened a single time, cannot be replicated... Call it an issue with either a software, driver, any other hardware and simply enjoy your computer."

I write to Seasonic. They answered me this:"
Like previously said, it's not a PSU issue yet you keep asking on all forums and even to us.
It's not a power outage as a longer one enough would have triggered all your devices and not only the PSU. PSU got a holdup time that allows it to work even with a micro outage. So once again, your issue happened a single time, cannot be replicated... Call it an issue with either a software, driver, any other hardware and simply enjoy your computer."
Stop. Two choices.

Stop.

Or sell your shit and buy a prebuilt.

I remember getting a warning for Trolling once, just because I posted a screenshot of how to Ignore someone, directly referencing OP. I guess by those standards, we are all the trolls here 🥸

Last question.
Someone said:"Apparently, Prime don't latch-off when tripping with Ampere, because it's not exactly OCP. It's just supervisor freaking out due to the 12V v-sense noise and probably lifting the control signal for a fraction of the second which shuts down the whole PSU. But i'm talking out of my ass here, i have no idea what's actually happening. Although, yes, in numerous reports of Prime tripping with RTX3080/3090 the PSU didn't latch off, just shutdown."

So it not need to reset power switch on back of psu. :)

So if that happened once nothing to worry about?

Johnyguru respond to me:"
If it was, it would do it every single time you do the same thing that made it shut off the first time.

The thing we KEEP SAYING is that you had it shut down ONCE in seven months. The "Seasonic bug" has the PSU shut down EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you can reproduce it the first time.

Like I said almost a month ago....

Run Prime95 and Furmark at the same time.

Prime95 (small FFT's on all cores) + Furmark @ 1080p w/2x MSAA. With Furmark in the foreground, press the space bar every two or three seconds to make the donut disappear an reappear. If you can do that for a few minutes, the PSU is probably fine and the shut down was just a fluke.

If >>I<< do this with a Seasonic known to be buggy with Ampere, it shuts down EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Not "once in seven months.""

So fluke like you said guys :)

OK just just buy a new psu. Then get a new mother board. If that does it work buy a new cpu. Then memory. Try a new hard drive. Fuck it get a new case too.
It could be the desk, or chair as well. I'd also recommend buying a portable propane generator, 5000w minimum, and hook up only the computer. Make sure you use a high quality extension cord. Like one for a welder. Run it like that for 7 years then check back with us on how many times it crashes.

Get a pure sine wave UPS.

I don't know how you can sleep at night running a PC with those kinds of specs without one.
Having had my house literally struck by lightning, I have faith in surge protectors. Every piece of electronics (including baseboards heaters, and a light switch) that wasn't on one was in multiple pieces. The items that were, carried on like nothing happened.

Last question . If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven
Quake 2 Rtx, Battlefield 5 , Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077,Ghost Recond Wildlands, Crysis 3 remastered, Crysis 1 Remastered, Metro Exodus Enhanced, Cod Vanguard, Control <-- 24 hours without shutdown. Its fine?

So why that happened once during launching Metro Exodus Enhanced ( advertisement part was 30 fps ). Thanks

Last question . If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven
Quake 2 Rtx, Battlefield 5 , Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077,Ghost Recond Wildlands, Crysis 3 remastered, Crysis 1 Remastered, Metro Exodus Enhanced, Cod Vanguard, Control <-- 24 hours without shutdown. Its fine?

So why that happened once during launching Metro Exodus Enhanced ( advertisement part was 30 fps ). Thanks

What do you think after asking multiple forums, jonnyguru, and the Seasonic rep?

I still think you have an undiagnosed mental health problem.

Hey friends. I decide to open topic last time. I know you will said dont worry. But overall i dont heard from you, what was cause of shutdown. Game/driver/power fluctuation or psu itself? I will close topic if you can answer me last time. Thank you.

74.png

Someone said this to me:" The problem existing on its own is unacceptable to me and means instability. Your milage may vary as once isn't terrible. Your tolerance for it may be different as well. "

I am confused

Also someone said:"Someone said this to me:" The problem existing on its own is unacceptable to me and means instability. Your milage may vary as once isn't terrible. Your tolerance for it may be different as well. "
"Either start trying to replicate to zero in on it and fix it, or just accept that one day your system might restart again."

I am confused

Last edited:
Also someone said:"Someone said this to me:" The problem existing on its own is unacceptable to me and means instability. Your milage may vary as once isn't terrible. Your tolerance for it may be different as well. "
"Either start trying to replicate to zero in on it and fix it, or just accept that one day your system might restart again."

I am confused
Stop it.

EDIT: Stop spamming ocn and guru3d with it too.

Last edited:
Hey last question. Someone said this to me on reddit:"No, if a psu is faulty, then it happens. Period. The relative frequency in which it happens is irrelevant. Your system is at stock (no CPU, GPU, or RAM OC), and it tripped OCP: ergo the power supply is faulty. If your hard drive has a bad sector its it still good for use? The correct answer is no. How often you use data is irrelevant, you are still losing data. The faulty component does not function as it should, therefore the faulty component is faulty. That's how you know its faulty."

What should i respond to him?

"No, they don't. If your system is crashing, your components are being pushed too far. Can you explain why you have no intention to replace your bad hardware? I don't understand why you bothered to post this in the first place: clearly you already decided you were okay with an unreliable system and saw no need to replace your psu with a properly functioning unit, even though this would be replaced at little cost to you. Why are you trying to argue with me that instability is good?"

So answer me here. What to think? He said that i have instability.

The problem is you probably had a momentary flicker in your power at your residence. If you want to fix it, buy a battery backup. If it only happened once, it's not the PSU.
Last question. Why pc shutdown then? I think he should reboot if that was momentary flicker. Thank you. Last question and i will close topic forever+ message to admin to delete topic also. Ok?

Why pc shutdown then? I think he should reboot if that was momentary flicker. Thank you.: P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back