I need new Computer Headphones... recommendations?

Lumpus

Limp Gawd
My old Technics RP-HT116's have died and I need a new pair to plug into my
Cyber Acoustics CA-3810 Computer Speakers. I don't voice chat/TeamSpeak, so no microphone wanted - this is just to play games, music and YouTube at night on the computer without disturbing the wife.

• Must have plain Audio Jack (not USB)
  • Headset type - no ear buds/clip things
  • Prefer under $50

I don't really have an under $50 recommendation. But I do have one for around $60.

The Arctis 3's by Steelseries are a solid choice for this price range. The chassis is the same overall make as the higher end models (Arctis 5, 7 and up). They are super comfortable and produce pretty darn good sound for the price range.

You can also download the Steelseries software and can tweak the sound a bit more to your liking.

Sound quality is decent enough for both music and gaming. There is a mic, but it's retractable.

Hope this helps.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/steels...android-and-ios-black/6285966.p?skuId=6285966

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I always recommend Koss Porta Pro. The sound is so unbelievably good compared to much more expensive headphones.
The headphone is light and does not press on the ears at all. Good sound, comfort, no sweat.
Ofcourse no isolation. You hear everything, everyone hears what You listen to

Thanks for the suggestions!
I ended up with a refurb Corsair HS50 Carbon Gaming Headset for @ $20 on eBay ($49 on Corsair's Refurb site)
Wow! Way better gaming/music sound and ear fit than my old Technics - very happy with them
Came with a microphone, but it was detachable.

I ended up with a refurb Corsair HS50 Carbon Gaming Headset for @ $20 on eBay ($49 on Corsair's Refurb site)
Wow! Way better gaming/music sound and ear fit than my old Technics - very happy with them

Nice, i literally just bought these for my brother for his bday. He's pretty happy and in the small moment I had to check/play with them they sound pretty good for a budget headset. Detachable mic is nice though finnicky.

I really love my Philips Performance SHP9500

But they are over the ear open back headphones. You can hear and you don't sweat. Comfortable and IMHO, pretty good sound for the price.

Btw, these often go on sale for about $50.

Good buy -- from all I've read, the Corsair HS50 is a solid deal, if you can get it under $45 or so (and not just for gaming, either).

Update... wife loves the new headphones so much she's taken them for her laptop - so I've ordered another one

Back