I need help and have some feedback

duronboy

Gawd
When I click new posts, it's flooded with posts from areas I'm not as interested in as others. I just subbed to premium and now it's a problem that's hard to ignore. Is there a setting I can flip to go back to the old view? Better yet, can I choose which areas appear? The closest I've found is logging out.

My feedback: It'd be cool to have a forum for making/machining that's not in the premium area. ...that's not just 3D printing. I'm just learning how to CNC and I recently upgraded my welder to a multi-process rig with MIG/TIG/Flux-core/Stick. Maybe a little woodwork area, too. I promise not to post too many birdhouses! :ROFLMAO:

When I click new posts, it's flooded with posts from areas I'm not as interested in as others. I just subbed to premium and now it's a problem that's hard to ignore. Is there a setting I can flip to go back to the old view? Better yet, can I choose which areas appear? The closest I've found is logging out.

My feedback: It'd be cool to have a forum for making/machining that's not in the premium area. ...that's not just 3D printing. I'm just learning how to CNC and I recently upgraded my welder to a multi-process rig with MIG/TIG/Flux-core/Stick. Maybe a little woodwork area, too. I promise not to post too many birdhouses! :ROFLMAO:
you could use the watched lists to build your own view
1661817247961.png

you go into the thread/forum you want and click the "watch" button in the top right.
1661817356859.png

It's actually pretty useful, dunno why I haven't been. There a number of really old threads with new posts which I haven't seen because I missed or ignored a new post notification, but this shows them.

Yeah, that's something I hadn't considered. I still can't filter out uninteresting forums if I look at unanswered, which is something I was just wanting to be able to find the other day.

But, huge improvement. I was about to ask that they keep the money, but revoke my premium. I may still do that, but I dunno.

Guys, I'm apparently a bit of a dolt, here. My apologies. My excuses range from I had a rough day to this is not like most forums.

Apparently I'm going to need my hand held some more. There's like no watched content in the filtered new posts. Despite my watching most forums and including watched content in the filter. I can open up hardforum in a cookie-free tab and see exactly what I'd want to see, except the new forums I might be into.

Watching 39 forums, there.

I click new posts and click filter.

Watched content
is checked.

Threads participated and threads started are also checked, and are the only things showing up.

I think some of those filters are exclusive, or become exclusive if multiple are checked. For instance, if you click just "watched content," you'll get all watched content, whether or not you have participated (liked or posted), read, or started the threads. But if you also check "started" (for instance), it will only display threads you started, which you are also watching.

iow, the reason nothing shows if you check everything, is because you haven't watched, participated, and started any threads which contain unread posts. (And unanswered threads have only the OP's post, so wouldn't fit in most other filters in the first place)

Fwiw, if you un-check all the options, it will show every thread, regardless of whether you have done any of those things, with the most recent at the top.

Back