I need a decent tripod for a 7D Mark II

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

So I am going to be in Miami, FL for a month, maybe 2 maybe 5. One thing I love taking pictures of is lightning and since it's rather difficult where I live now due to the trees, building, other shit in the way I am really looking forward to the open Atlantic ocean thunder storms producing some good lightning that I want to photograph.

Not really wanting to spend a whole lot of money, but also don't a cheap-o walmart model that'll last 6 months before something on it breaks.

Looking to spend no more than $200.

Suggestions?

So I am going to be in Miami, FL for a month, maybe 2 maybe 5. One thing I love taking pictures of is lightning and since it's rather difficult where I live now due to the trees, building, other shit in the way I am really looking forward to the open Atlantic ocean thunder storms producing some good lightning that I want to photograph.

Not really wanting to spend a whole lot of money, but also don't a cheap-o walmart model that'll last 6 months before something on it breaks.

Looking to spend no more than $200.

Suggestions?

I have five tripods. I've gotten two carbon fiber travel pods that are just fine,
within the last year.. one is a bit short, light duty but weighs very little, cost $125 on ebay. the next is also 5 section legs, methinx, certainly sturdier, but also cost 130-150, iirc. Both came with adequate ball heads... and, being travel pods, pack down to a mere 14-16". Came with case. And convert easily to monopod. I have an older China made pod, 4 section CF, with no extendable center column.. I took it off one too many times to get low, and now the threaded area is damaged. I'd sell it, with no head for maybe $20 plus shipping. PM me for advice and links.....

My quiver:

7D II, 5D IV, 3 astro lenses: Rokinon 8 f/3.5, 14 f/2.8, 24 f/1.4. All full manual, cheap, superb for astro!
Canon 16-35 f/4 L, 70-200 f/2.8 L II, Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 G2 and 150-600 G2. both awesome lenses Canon 1.4 and 2x III Extenders. I recently bought a Tamron 28-300 that I wish I hadn't bought, as I'd like to replace it with the Tammy 18-400..for traveling light. The 28-300 is like new, retail $600, will sell for $300....

Think I may go with this one.good

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1337901-REG/benro_tsl08cn00_slim_tripod_kit.htmlhttps://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1337901-REG/benro_tsl08cn00_slim_tripod_kit.html

Although, I now know my old (can't find it since I moved) tripod was apparently a video tripod as it seems the video models have the handle for easy positioning the camera. I really like that handle. lol

Good price.... only good for 8.8 lb... hang a weight from its hook for long exposures....

Back