I microwaved a R9 390X gaming and now my pc won't run after 3rd time

Ok, this Nerco is not nearly as awesome as the 3DFX one, but I must have missed this originally and it gave me a good laugh today, so worth it? Maybe.

In other news, he should have been just as worried about his microwave after trying to "nuke" a video card with all of its metal parts... LoLz :ROFLMAO: This thread is highlighting why we have people melting GPU connectors... :ROFLMAO: J/K, J/K.... sort of...

Ok, this Nerco is not nearly as awesome as the 3DFX one, but I must have missed this originally and it gave me a good laugh today, so worth it? Maybe.

In other news, he should have been just as worried about his microwave after trying to "nuke" a video card with all of its metal parts... LoLz :ROFLMAO: This thread is highlighting why we have people melting GPU connectors... :ROFLMAO: J/K, J/K.... sort of...
And why everything has warning labels these days.

1 Microwaved graphics card for few minutes, because it has the overheating issues.
2 Plastic around pins were melted and some plugs around interface sockets, the metal part, had some burning coming out.
3 Removed the graphics card, installed it, failed to show anything on the display at all.
4 3rd time PC won't even turn on as in power. The ethernet LED was lit.
4 Tried that again with unplugging cables and having one RAM only in the PC and only the main SSD
5 Now the PC won't turn on at all, ethernet LED is not turning on.
6 tried couple of tricks from the internet to turn it on like have a screw driver on both power switch pins but nothing happens.
7 HELP !!!
Why would you put a video card in the microwave in the first place?

Sounds like a case of user error. Did you hear some 'urban legend' that microwaving a graphics card makes it better because that is clearly FALSE!

EDIT: Oh... this is a 2 year necro. Why was this thread revived?

Why would you put a video card in the microwave in the first place?

Sounds like a case of user error. Did you hear some 'urban legend' that microwaving a graphics card makes it better because that is clearly FALSE!

EDIT: Oh... this is a 2 year necro. Why was this thread revived?

It's constantly necroed because it keeps on giving....

I just can't understand how the OP microwaved a GPU without the microwave catching on fire and him burning down his house. Or at least having his house smell like smoke for six months.

Please, someone, raise that thread back to life... just for consistency!!
And...finished with 169 upvotes. :ROFLMAO: If I recall....the same number of posts OP had when he left this thread.

Yes I am still not quite sure if this was an elaborate troll or not.

1706134485454.png

Back