I have a problem with my Ducky Shine 6 that I don't know how to fix, I need your advice

mytshu

n00b
Hello I have a Ducky Shine 6 keyboard which when I press "I" keys simultaneously run several pressures of other keys, and the "or" it also makes me something similar, which makes me impossible to use it, I have reset the keyboard profile eliminating macros etc, and I have also disassembled and cleaned with isophrilic alcohol, I changed the USB cable, nothing seems to work, I leave a video so you can see the problem Thanks.

contact ducky. youve done everything i can think of.
Hello, I contacted Ducky RMA and they told me that the warranty had ended and they did not give me any solution.

The fact is that the keyboard when it has not been used for days, it returns to normal, you connect it and it works in fact I am writing this answer with it right now, but for some reason that I do not know, when It is between 1 and 2 hours it starts to behave in that strange way, which makes it impossible to use.

Hello, I contacted Ducky RMA and they told me that the warranty had ended and they did not give me any solution.

The fact is that the keyboard when it has not been used for days, it returns to normal, you connect it and it works in fact I am writing this answer with it right now, but for some reason that I do not know, when It is between 1 and 2 hours it starts to behave in that strange way, which makes it impossible to use.
bummer. i wonder if adding a heatsink to the controller chip in it would help? i dont know a tonne about these k/bs.

bummer. i wonder if adding a heatsink to the controller chip in it would help? i dont know a tonne about these k/bs.
A heat sink? You've given me an idea!
Very well, how had I not thought about it?
Thank you very much I will try(y)

A heat sink? You've given me an idea!
Very well, how had I not thought about it?
Thank you very much I will try(y)
no prob. the way you describe it it seems like a heat/temp issue as it works until it warms up. if you pop it apart for that, also inspect the solder joints. ive seen bad solder joints do the same kinda thing, they warm up and expand and cause a short or failed connection.

no prob. the way you describe it it seems like a heat/temp issue as it works until it warms up. if you pop it apart for that, also inspect the solder joints. ive seen bad solder joints do the same kinda thing, they warm up and expand and cause a short or failed connection.
I have checked the components and none of them get hot, I made direct contact with my hand, I did not use any tools, I have taken some photos so that you can see how the keyboard is once it is working, in some of them the LEDs are deactivated and in others they are activated.

Each image will be assigned a number to identify and comment on possible ideas (y)

I suspect that the fault is in number 4 where it is clearly seen that a part is failing, and it leaves a series of LEDs around it without light.
(!Thank you very much in advance!)
If you need a larger image or from another angle or zoom, feel free to suggest it.

test2.png

sorry, i could have swore i replied...
i would start by trying to reflow the solder on the components in that area. just use a fine tip and hold it on the solder spots for a couple seconds.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Without knowing anything else specific, I would suspect those yellow square tantalum capacitors first simply because tantalum caps are known for going bad over time, generally speaking. That said, without a schematic it is going to be hard to know which component is "going bad" and causing the LEDs to stop working, and we don't know if that is in any way linked with the multi-key issue you are experiencing. You'd need to make voltage measurements at various points on the board (like both sides of each yellow capacitor) and write them down when the keyboard is working and compare with measurements taken when the keyboard fails and try to find the common component connected/controlling those parts that could be the culprit.

Without knowing anything else specific, I would suspect those yellow square tantalum capacitors first simply because tantalum caps are known for going bad over time, generally speaking. That said, without a schematic it is going to be hard to know which component is "going bad" and causing the LEDs to stop working, and we don't know if that is in any way linked with the multi-key issue you are experiencing. You'd need to make voltage measurements at various points on the board (like both sides of each yellow capacitor) and write them down when the keyboard is working and compare with measurements taken when the keyboard fails and try to find the common component connected/controlling those parts that could be the culprit.
Thank you very much, I will work on that to see if I can find the common component;)

Back