I cheated

IMG_20190511_210853253.jpg

3D printed... uh... "case", which sticks an mITX board on stilts at a groovy angle. Inspired by all manner of open-frame chassis.

The shown system is an AsRock J3455-ITX with a PicoPSU-80 and a cheap Crucial 120gb SSD, which mounts as shown below:

IMG_20190511_204326848.jpg

I really don't feel like this is worth much, but it was a fun modeling project and a neat print.

Last edited:
No cheating in SFF...!

It may look all cool & angular & slick; but when you have to total up the bounding box volume...

;^p

Nice. With the mobo off it sort of reminds me of an MC Escher drawing....

That is the exact board I am planning on using in a project. What is there height of the highest component (guessing the heatsink)?

That is the exact board I am planning on using in a project. What is there height of the highest component (guessing the heatsink)?
The tallest component I measured is actually the I/O shroud over the audio ports. I get roughly 38mm there of total board thickness, including solder pokies on the bottom.

Seems like a good idea. I feel like my house isn't that dusty, but my computers all tell me I'm wrong! If I didn't have little kids that like to put their fingers on everything I would consider this.

Looks nice. Do you have a STL or GCODE file for it you can share?

Back