I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
Zotac is the only place online that I have personally seen the "add to cart" button actually work during this hot mess. I mean, it did work, until I went to checkout.

$900 for a 3080 though. What are we even doing anymore.o_O

Look be happy you are not trying to get a white strix 3080. Also, all the upper end 3080's due to import tariffs are 870 or above. :confused:

Or one of the higher end 6800xt's.

Last edited:
I found out what most likely happened to my 3080 FE order from Best Buy. The dude I've been talking to on Reddit who managed to get a tracking number for his order found out that the reason the package didn't progress any further was due to it arriving to Memphis, TN with no contents. So, yeah, our cards most likely got stolen. Talk about crappy luck.
:cry: Not much else to say about that.

:cry: Not much else to say about that.
Yep, I'm more disappointed right now than mad since I'm not too surprised. I knew something was odd when the order never arrived at my store and the other guy on Reddit who is from the same region who got the tracking number of his order found out it was stuck in Memphis, TN. Basically whatever was going on with his order was most likely happening with mine and others in the thread from the same region. I guess whenever Best Buy does another drop I'll try again. Not much else I can do at this point.

zotac cards are just fine.
Yep, I'm more disappointed right now than mad since I'm not too surprised. I knew something was odd when the order never arrived at my store and the other guy on Reddit who is from the same region who got the tracking number of his order found out it was stuck in Memphis, TN. Basically whatever was going on with his order was most likely happening with mine and others in the thread from the same region. I guess whenever Best Buy does another drop I'll try again. Not much else I can do at this point.
lots of speculation tomorrow will be another best buy drop morning. some thing they do big drops every other tuesday. well know in about 12 hours or not

lots of speculation tomorrow will be another best buy drop morning. some thing they do big drops every other tuesday. well know in about 12 hours or not
That's what I'm hoping. If I can't get another 3080 I may just go for the 3090 since they seem to be easier to get and be done with it.

zotac cards are just fine.

Did I miss the bestbuy drop or did it not happen today? Been refreshing most of the day since 7am EST. I'm working on another computer, so I only refresh the site every few mins.

My 1080ti is showing it's age on my ultrawide and this thread has given me upgrade fever.

Also, anybody had a recent EVGA 3080 availability update and can remember when you set it up to notify you? I set a few back in November and have gotten no emails yet.

Did I miss the bestbuy drop or did it not happen today? Been refreshing most of the day since 7am EST. I'm working on another computer, so I only refresh the site every few mins.

My 1080ti is showing it's age on my ultrawide and this thread has given me upgrade fever.

Also, anybody had a recent EVGA 3080 availability update and can remember when you set it up to notify you? I set a few back in November and have gotten no emails yet.
Wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia just stopped making FE's with all the other price hikes going on.
The 3080 EVGA queues still haven't passed September 18th or 19th as far as I know. It will reach November sometime by the end of 2021, lol.

Looks like BB didn't happen. Now it's going to be a mystery if it drops later today at a random time.

Looks like BB didn't happen. Now it's going to be a mystery if it drops later today at a random time.
At least it wasn't just me. Thanks for confirming. I will keep on refreshing
Wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia just stopped making FE's with all the other price hikes going on.
The 3080 EVGA queues still haven't passed September 18th or 19th as far as I know. It will reach November sometime by the end of 2021, lol.
I would even go up a notch or two (not nearing the $1000 mark though), but the higher end aren't all that enticing since i'll just be putting it under a full cover block anyway and clocking it a little higher.

Ha, i will try not to hold my breath.

I guess i will try my luck at paper launch day for the ti... As long as it takes

Is there some extra step to the evga queue? I haven't received a single notification, I ran down the list and added every single 3080 to the list and same for the 3060ti.

I received the auto queue confirmation emails as I registered for them, but haven't received one for a place in line to buy one.

I was luckily able to snag a gigabyte GTX 3080 from best buy a couple weeks back thanks to the queue system and the Discord channels. But I really prefer eVGA cards. I haven't had luck buying another card for a friend, either the prices are insane or i can't get through to checkout without losing one.

Edit... oh this makes sense, I think i signed up in December. no wonder i haven't received any emails. haha

no drop today unfortunately, looks like others already answered for you.
Is there some extra step to the evga queue? I haven't received a single notification, I ran down the list and added every single 3080 to the list and same for the 3060ti.

I received the auto queue confirmation emails as I registered for them, but haven't received one for a place in line to buy one.

I was luckily able to snag a gigabyte GTX 3080 from best buy a couple weeks back thanks to the queue system and the Discord channels. But I really prefer eVGA cards. I haven't had luck buying another card for a friend, either the prices are insane or i can't get through to checkout without losing one.

Edit... oh this makes sense, I think i signed up in December. no wonder i haven't received any emails. haha
the 3060TI queue is moving quite fast actually. i have received all 2 of 3 evga 3060TIs already. i signed up for the 3060ti XC gaming on 1/1 and have that already (and have for like 10days already) it does seem odd to have gotten that so quick.
but they seem to be doing quite good volume on those cards. shopBLT alone is expecting like 8,000 units in the next couple weeks of just EVGA 3060tis

Attachments

• 3060ti_XC.jpg
    3060ti_XC.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 0
You signed up on 1/1 and already got a card? That is fast.
Either its an anomaly or they're lying and photoshopped the screenshot (not sure why they'd do that). The notification queues that went out yesterday and today for the 3060 Ti XC Gaming were for people who signed up on December 1st. EVGA is only about 1 hour and 15 minutes into that queue...

Either its an anomaly or they're lying and photoshopped the screenshot (not sure why they'd do that). The notification queues that went out yesterday and today for the 3060 Ti XC Gaming were for people who signed up on December 1st. EVGA is only about 1 hour and 15 minutes into that queue...
Not sure what happened there then. I guess disregard what I said about them moving quickly

Last edited:
relooked at my "notifies" (login>my EVGA>my notifies) and i was mistaken (i thought i got in line in November). I actually got in line with EVGA on 12/17 for a 3060ti and 12/18 for the 3080.

evga notify.jpg

I am pretty far in the back of the line i'm sure.

Well, good luck on the 3080 queues. I got in "late" back in October for all of them. Still waiting for any of them to happen.

Well, good luck on the 3080 queues. I got in "late" back in October for all of them. Still waiting for any of them to happen.
Can you grab a screen-cap like above showing exact part numbers and dates? Thanks.

08G-P5-3665-KR1/9/2021 6:23:50 PM PTNo
08G-P5-3663-KR1/9/2021 6:18:21 PM PTNo
10G-P5-3881-KR1/9/2021 6:10:09 PM PTNo
10G-P5-3897-KR1/9/2021 6:09:53 PM PTNo
10G-P5-3888-KR12/19/2020 5:48:04 PM PTNo
10G-P5-3898-KR12/17/2020 8:33:29 PM PTNo
08G-P5-3751-KR12/9/2020 4:34:32 PM PTNo
08G-P5-3755-KR12/9/2020 4:32:53 PM PTNo
08G-P5-3667-KR12/1/2020 6:05:57 PM PTNo
10G-P5-3895-KR11/29/2020 9:53:53 AM PTNo
10G-P5-3885-KR10/22/2020 7:51:32 PM PTNo

I meant to post this earlier, but this is what mine looks like.

the 3080 one that I did in October, hasn't moved at all.... Probably because evga is focused on the cards that make more money.

I didn't want to waste money on slightly OC'ed cards so I didn't get in the Q for them so now I won't be getting a card from evga at all because the OC'ed cards are the only cards they are making. It kind of pisses me off they let people sign up for the others if they aren't going to sell them. They should at least have the decency to switch those over to the cards they are selling, give people a real option.

1611182080467.png

Yesterday, I cancelled my Hybrid 3080/3090 notify because I'm completely happy with my 6800XT Nitro+, and added the 3060Ti's for my brother... not that I have any hope. As you can see, I have every 3080 XC and FTW on notify. I signed up right after they announced their queue system.

EDIT: Hybrid, not Hydro.

Last edited:
The Q system started on 9/17
Nope, that's just the earliest date you could have requested an in-stock notification, because that's when EVGA put them up on the website for sale. They didn't announce the queue system until October. Basically, if you hadn't already requested a stock notification, you were fucked when they announced their queue later on in October.

And lets be honest here, I didn't bother requesting an in-stock notification because they're worthless, even more so during shortages.

bestbuy dropped a few cards today (a little over an hour ago), but i wasn't able to successfully get any to my cart. The "more details" button turned blue, "add to cart" turned yellow, and as soon as i'd click it, there was some red bar message about an "extra step needed" and try again.

I was nearly able to add maybe 3 models of 3080 and 3 3060ti, none were able to make it to my cart.

It was like a feeding frenzy. So close.

bestbuy dropped a few cards today (a little over an hour ago), but i wasn't able to successfully get any to my cart. The "more details" button turned blue, "add to cart" turned yellow, and as soon as i'd click it, there was some red bar message about an "extra step needed" and try again.

I was nearly able to add maybe 3 models of 3080 and 3 3060ti, none were able to make it to my cart.

It was like a feeding frenzy. So close.
Made it to checkout, but had to enter a CC verification code. By the time I got my phone they had sent me 3 different codes, ended up with a declined order and locked CC.
Paypal checkout next time.

Made it to checkout, but had to enter a CC verification code. By the time I got my phone they had sent me 3 different codes, ended up with a declined order and locked CC.
Pffft. I had a 3070 in my cart and checked out with PayPal. Got a thing telling me they've emailed me a verification code. never sent. Hit the option to text it to me. That wasn't sent either. Sold out a minute later.

I'm so pissed.

I'm thinking I may just go with a 3090. By the time 3080s are readily available, the prices will be increased to what 3090s are selling for now.

I've had to stop using Paypal because they now require making a call in the same way, and my Phone provider has a monstrously effective call filter.
I dont know which number they will call on and the filter is so good, the phone system doesnt even register a call attempt was made so I cant ever allow the number.
Its a right charade.

At least my bank can be catered for.
But yeah, its difficult. I got lucky buying a 3090 simply because they were all after 3080s at that time and some were still in stock after someone posted about a stock drop on a forum.

Almost finally got a 3080 FE yesterday but I kept getting the darn Best Buy verification prompt and the email delay caused the item to get pulled from my cart. Anyone else have any luck?

Almost finally got a 3080 FE yesterday but I kept getting the darn Best Buy verification prompt and the email delay caused the item to get pulled from my cart. Anyone else have any luck?
I was finally able to get one. the last 5 attempts on BB i had the same verification code issue you had. It asked me for the code again this time and my heart sunk, but the code came through right away instead of 15 minutes later like the last time.

I was able to get a 3080fe from the Bestbuy drop today. Feels good to be able to turn off these damn notifications after weeks of being on edge.
It's not final until in hand, unless you order from Lord Zotac...his inventory management is flawless.

Welp, it's official!

View attachment 322413

Not like I wasn't expected it today or anything like that but still, RIP.
What happened?

tbh I am shocked Nvidia is still shipping FE's at MSRP. I would think Nvidia would want to avoid stepping on the AIB's toes (re: tariff price increases). It seems absurd to pay $200+ premium for AIB cards when the FE is still at original price. This goes for all GPUs in the line-up.

What happened?

tbh I am shocked Nvidia is still shipping FE's at MSRP. I would think Nvidia would want to avoid stepping on the AIB's toes (re: tariff price increases). It seems absurd to pay $200+ premium for AIB cards when the FE is still at original price. This goes for all GPUs in the line-up.
My order was delayed and after a few days I did some digging and found out it was most likely lost/stolen during shipping. Yesterday was the day they said it would get cancelled and it did.

Fortunately I was able to order a 3090 FE on last Fridays drop and a PS5 the day before so hopefully they’ll make it to my store this time.

As for Nvidia still releasing FE cards at MSRP, it is surprising but in a good way. Who knows how long they’ll keep doing it though.

Adorma just cancelled remaining orders from 9-18. Or at least mine. I ordered three cards that day. One finally shipped a few weeks back, the other two just were cancelled today. Says
1611595284115.png

I’ll presume this has to do with the tariffs and price hikes.

Back