I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
Tried right as the clock changed from 7:59 to 8:00 CST...no success anywhere.

giphy (2).gif

Last edited:
Last edited:
No, though I did have two different AIB cards in my cart on Best Buy before they sold out. I chose to not buy as I think I'm going to wait for 3090 or AIO cooled 3080.

Was able to get a PS5 but everywhere I tried to get a 3080 was sold out. Was able to go ahead and hold one at Adorama for when stock comes in, so hopefully it come sooner than later.

Have an MSI Ventus on order from Amazon.ca but no delivery date yet.

Figured it costs nothing if I don't get it.

I looked around to see if I could grab one just for the heck of it, but there were none to be had.
And this is coming from someone who scored BOTH an RX480 and a Radeon VII on launch day!

In fairness, you could probably sell it for $1000 in FS/FT upon arrival and have it sold within minutes ;).

So I actually bought it for a friend whom was not going to be able to be online to buy. He said if I end up with one to use it til my til my 3090 shows up. -- I'm actually gunning for a 3090. He agreed to let me test it on my dan case though.

Tried to order from newegg, bhphotovideo and amazon. No luck. Was trying right on 6am PST. Sites went mostly down and when they came back up all stock gone!
The Nvidia page showed still notify me and then later out of stock.
Didn't want to line up at microcenter like an idiot for a GPU. I will wait then. Non of the games I'm playing really need the 3080 right now.

Looks like Microcenter @ Dallas had 10 EVGA XC3 and 5 MSI in stock...for 30 mins. Currently down to 1 EVGA and 1 MSI. Wish I'm not stuck at work... Oh well, the 1080 Ti has been good for 3 years, don't mind waiting another month.
1600359426513.png

Got one on hold. Have 2 hours to go pick it up. Don't like the idea of paying 70 dollars more for a 49Mhz OC card, but it is all that is left.......

So far TheSandman2236 is the only user I've seen post evidence that he will be receiving one in the mail. Everyone else struck out (unless they are still in line at B&M stores).

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-h-rtx-3080-owners-thread.2001382/post-1044729126

Edit:
And he had to pay $70 over that "magically false" Nvidia MSRP to get one.

When has EVGA or any AIB sold cards in recent years for MSRP at launch? There's always a $20-100 markup.
Those blower style MSRP cards come much later.

Looks like Microcenter @ Dallas had 10 EVGA XC3 and 5 MSI in stock...for 30 mins. Currently down to 1 EVGA and 1 MSI. Wish I'm not stuck at work... Oh well, the 1080 Ti has been good for 3 years, don't mind waiting another month.
View attachment 280017

MN Microcenter was 10 MSI 2 EVGA listed before open, sold out w/in an hour of refreshing (I didn't go stand in line).

View attachment 280017
Line around the building as of last night.

Got one on hold. Have 2 hours to go pick it up. Don't like the idea of paying 70 dollars more for a 49Mhz OC card, but it is all that is left.......
On hold where?

This is interesting. 2 yes voted to 100 no votes....

Nothing around these parts....all we really have is Best Buy and it says its all sold out

In fairness, you could probably sell it for $1000 in FS/FT upon arrival and have it sold within minutes ;).

The $300+ premium reduces value of the performance gains. I rather buy a 2080Ti.
Let the people over pay. Somehow my 2060 Super is still working today and my bank account is still $700 richer.

Hmm, MC here was in-person sale only.

Called and said I had 2 hours before it went back on shelf. Certainly hope I don't get there and it is gone; although, I don't plan on opening it today. Will keep it wrapped until 3090 drops with bench marks.

Had all my things ready to go at 6:57AM, and by 7:06AM the only place that showed any signs of life was Best Buy in the sense that you could add one to your cart for a time but could never complete the transaction. Everything else was a flatline. Supposedly the local Micro Center had about 20 this morning but I wasn't going to make the drive since I figured everyone else was trying to get down there by 10AM.

Contrast this with the PS5 situation last night, and while not ideal, I still managed to get one.

I was at the store. The website was a lie

But yea whatever. I can wait a little more. Hopefully Navi is our savior

Got two: Asus TUF (non-OC) from Ebuyer, and a Gigabyte Eagle OC from Scan here in the UK. Got confirmation of purchase, invoice and was charged on both. Both were MSRP. Only regret is not picking expidited shipping so won't likely have them until Monday.

I got one from Newegg I think, a MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio. Ordered at 9:08 PM EST last night. Credit card was charged at 9:12 PM EST. Status changed from Processing to Packaging at 9:20 PM EST.

A couple hours ago Newegg removed the ability to cancel the order (usually happens when its too far along in the packaging process).

Got two: Asus TUF (non-OC) from Ebuyer, and a Gigabyte Eagle OC from Scan here in the UK. Got confirmation of purchase, invoice and was charged on both. Both were MSRP. Only regret is not picking expidited shipping so won't likely have them until Monday.

Normal shipping here is almost a guarantee that your items show up looking like they were stomped on.

MC web page for the store I go to has them all gone. Hopefully they held one for me.

Back