I am looking for a router case

vccn

n00b
I am looking for a router case.

I use INTEL DQ77KB, msata, so that no need power, HDD, and so on.

Is there any case small enough for me?

OP is looking for a case for his router build - the DQ77KB is a thin-ITX board w/ 2 GbE ports.

Seems like just about any rectangular box of appropriate size will do as there is no need to mount any other components.

Are you looking to use standard HSFs or the one that Intel came up with specifically for thin-ITX?

Lian Li has quite a few small cases that would be perfect for you if price isn't an issue. If you are looking for something decent and cheap the COOLER MASTER Elite 120 for $40 on newegg is a pretty good deal. It may be bigger then what you are looking for though.

edit: Maybe check out the Antec ISK 310 too?

I am looking for a router case.

I use INTEL DQ77KB, msata, so that no need power, HDD, and so on.

Is there any case small enough for me?

Only about a million. Google 'thin itx case' and go from there.

OP is looking for a case for his router build - the DQ77KB is a thin-ITX board w/ 2 GbE ports.

Seems like just about any rectangular box of appropriate size will do as there is no need to mount any other components.

Are you looking to use standard HSFs or the one that Intel came up with specifically for thin-ITX?
but router can be built with atx board?

but router can be built with atx board?

Sure can, check out something called pfsense and that's only scratching the surface of x86 based router distributions. Truth is, chances are your home router runs a version of Linux.

You can route with windows too, or any linux distro you want

Lian Li has quite a few small cases that would be perfect for you if price isn't an issue. If you are looking for something decent and cheap the COOLER MASTER Elite 120 for $40 on newegg is a pretty good deal. It may be bigger then what you are looking for though.

edit: Maybe check out the Antec ISK 310 too?

Still too big. I need the mini itx case, which no DVD, HDD, POWER, as smaller as possible!

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is full of really SFF pron :)

I really want to do a ISK 110 build - just don't have a need for one...

I have the same motherboard (DQ77KB) in my router/server. I opted for the minibox m350. Very small and good ventilation, other than the CPU fan, no additional fans required. Not the best looking case but it is a router/server so who cares.

I'd also recommend the m350. I've built half a dozen machines with it and haven't had any issues. The internal USB ports can be pretty handy.

Check logicsupply, they have a couple of new thin ITX cases worth looking into. Also, for a slightly chunkier build the Wesena ITX1 and ITX4 (if you want more NIC ports via the pci-e x4 slot) are relatively inexpensive & look good. As others have mentioned, the M350 is pretty much the current "standard" for bare-bones "small" mITX cases.

x2 I was thinking that too, but I dont think you can get it by itself :(

EDIT: Nevermind actually, it looks like it is the Streacom FC2
Check this out: http://www.fanlesstech.com/2012/11/streacom-fc2-exclusive-sneak-peek.html

Looks like Streacom has a whole line of these: http://www.streacom.com

The Streacom FC2 hasn't been released yet, but chances are, it will cost anywhere from $150-300. Streacom makes nice cases, but I just don't understand what makes them worth the inflated price.

Another good option would be Realans cases.
Specifically, their E-Q3i, which unfortunately doesn't have a clear retailer as they recently managed to drop it from their Realan site. But if you email them, as I have recently, they're extremely excited to sell the case to you. I heard from someone else that they are selling the cases for $39 a piece.

Back