Hunt: Showdown Upcoming Content

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Hunt:Showdown had an incredibly quick preview of upcoming content to be patched in soon.

Video.

The vintage crossbow: It's a crossbow! Nothing too surprising, but skilled, stealthy players will appreciate that it doesn't alert every monster and enemy player to your position. Bolts can be retrieved once fired, too.

Throwing knives: A new consumable item, throwing knives can be used for one match. Carried in addition to primary and secondary weapons, they're great for silent, close quarters kills. Knives can also be retrieved from corpses and surfaces once thrown.

The hand crossbow: A small version of the vintage crossbow, but categorized as a pistol. It probably won't be as efficient over long distances as the vintage, but as a stealthy sidearm, it can make your hunter a bit more adaptable to different playstyles. Bolts retrievable, too.

Stick explosive bombs: This one is pretty self-explanatory. Throw it, and it sticks to whatever it hits. Based on close scrutiny of the trailer, it appears they also explode. Curious.

The Water Devil: Hunt is getting a new monster in the Water Devil, a wormy, tentacled thing that attacks players in swamps and bayous. It is gross. I do not like it.

Oh man, that is going to be some great content! I'm a bowhunter so it would have been cool if it was a bow instead, but I'll take a crossbow. The sticky bomb looks a little OP at the moment, but cool. I am not interested in the water monster, this game is scary enough!

I spent a couple of hours playing the other night, its a lot of fun. Its the most effective example of a multiplayer PVP horror game. The lack of content is my biggest gripe, so awesome that they're addressing that.

I would like to see 10+ different contracts. I know the game is still early, but only having two contracts at the moment is a bit dull.

I spent a couple of hours playing the other night, its a lot of fun. Its the most effective example of a multiplayer PVP horror game. The lack of content is my biggest gripe, so awesome that they're addressing that.

I would like to see 10+ different contracts. I know the game is still early, but only having two contracts at the moment is a bit dull.

Personally, I've never found it dull, every single experience is 100% different. Sometimes it's right off the bat we're in it, sometimes not at all. So you never know what's going to happen. Hell, I just got teamed with a T3 hunter, was AFK like 2 minutes, came back and he was dead. I saw both of them walk right past his body and started in, took them both out. We went another 20 minutes, got to the spider and he dies again, sniped. I hide in a barn, kill one and somehow the other was coming up the ladder when I shot that guy, I died with never seeing him. Kind of stupid, after 3 clues and 3 hunters 2 of which were T3 I only got like 80 bones. That's not enough to replenish what I lost. But, really fun!

The water was the only safe place lol, that monster looks bad ass. Nice to see more content, every match feels like a new experience to me but I only started this week. I would like to see random roaming bosses along with the original bounty.

Back