Hunt: Showdown on Sale $20 on Steam

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Not so much Tech News as something I wanted to share as it is a favorite of mine. I have played Hunt for well over 1K hours since it came out. It is not for those looking for a casual gaming experience. It is a brutally hardcore shooter, that now has a little bit softer non-insta-death/loss intro for new players. Crytek figured out that too many folks were rage quitting and never coming back to the game. It will piss you off, but can be extremely rewarding as well. Also now has much better player matching as well so you don't get thrown into games with much higher skill level players. Very much worth $20 while it is on sale. Crytek graphics that are beautiful and will put the best GPU to the test if you turn everything up!

1626819460963.png

You can play solo, but it is a bitch to do so. You generally have six teams of two players on the map, or four teams of three, depending on if you select 3-player grouping. You head out in to the swamps of Louisiana, find clues to the boss on the map, kill the boss, collect the boss bounty, then get to an extract point and you win. It is that easy. LOL.

They also added a whole new map, has been ages since I played this though. Ran a bit choppy back in the day, fared better later. People would camp and snipe you down solo though, lol. The banishing boss and then getting out of map... dunno, couldn't like this game a lot. It was serviceable, Dying Light's BR had some of the same ending of game concept, except it died very quickly. I know [H] has always been big on this game however. I feel like the whole backstory of how this game was made, such as some people working on an early title called just "Hunt", and then quitting Crytek to work on Remnant? caused some of these tidbits. Like the AI of zombies.

Haven't played this in a long while, did they manage to fix the graphics downgrade that they did versus alpha/beta?

Back