Humble Bundle monthly plan changes for 2022

Ranulfo

2[H]4U
They're saying Humble is "leveling up next month", starting in February.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2022/01/11/humble-choice-is-leveling-up/

No more price tiers, everything is back to $12/month again. No set number of games each month (old was 10-12). Also there will be a Humble app for the trove drm free games downloads, humble games published only on their app and the store discount goes from 10% to 20% based on how long you've had an active subscription. If you pause or cancel the monthly plan, you go back to 10% discount rate on the store. It will take a year to get back up to 20%. Current active subscribers will keep their current 20% until they pause or cancel.

Edit: Oh and more game keys on other platforms besides Steam, like Epic, Origin, GoG, Uplay etc..

FAQ on the changes:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411127626139

I think this will the end of me being a monthly subscriber in the near future.

Reactions: elvn
like this
Hmm, I've been subscribed since a month or two after they first started. I've already thought about canceling just because the last few months of games haven't been great but if they're going to be giving out a bunch of non-Steam keys then I'm really not interested.

They're also abandoning the MacOS and Linux platforms, focusing on Windows only.

Fun tip - whatever you do, don't remove your only payment method on your account. That automatically cancels your subscription. Found that out the hard way last year. Just wanted to change my payment method. Remove the old one, add the new one. Seems simple. Removed the old one and BZZT, your subscription is cancelled. WTF ??!!?! Luckily they reinstated my original subscription. But made sure to warn me not to do that again because they might not be so generous. Idiotic

Fun tip - whatever you do, don't remove your only payment method on your account. That automatically cancels your subscription. Found that out the hard way last year. Just wanted to change my payment method. Remove the old one, add the new one. Seems simple. Removed the old one and BZZT, your subscription is cancelled. WTF ??!!?! Luckily they reinstated my original subscription. But made sure to warn me not to do that again because they might not be so generous. Idiotic

Yeah, I've heard from others that had that problem. Dumb system.

Back