Huion Pro Art, or Similar?

DarkSideA8

Gawd
My daughter is a talented artist and is looking for a larger format art display. She currently uses an Ipad with pen, but the small format is limiting. I've been looking around and found great 'sales' reviews of the Huion monitors.

Anyone here got experience with these, or similar 'graphic arts displays' where she can actually draw on the screen w/ pen?

Finally - I can't find any of these in Best Buy - and I'd really like to see one in person. Do any 'brick and mortar' stores carry these?

I don't have the screen one, but I recently got a HUION INSPIROY Q11K and the quality is phenomenal.

I've had some cheaper Wacom tablets in the past and I would say Huion is as good or maybe better in a few aspects.

I would definitely recommend the brand, I've been really happy with the choice.

Be aware that most drawing tablets are not like an iPad, they are just monitors with touch screen tech, you have to connect them to a device such as a PC or Mac.

I don't have the screen one, but I recently got a HUION INSPIROY Q11K and the quality is phenomenal.

I've had some cheaper Wacom tablets in the past and I would say Huion is as good or maybe better in a few aspects.

I would definitely recommend the brand, I've been really happy with the choice.
Sorry that it has been so long since you wrote this... But I have a couple of questions. From the videos I've seen, the Kamvas 22 Plus looks like a fit (price eliminated the Pro Art).

I've heard, however, that Huion doesn't work well with some art programs (like Animate). Have you experienced any conflicts?

Do you know if the screen works with an android tablet or iPad?

Sorry, I don't know about that model.

With the one I have, I've tested on ZBrush and Photoshop and Krita and I didn't see any issues.

My brother is looking for a big tablet. He uses a iPad 2018 model with Pencil right now.

I will research all these options. I never knew off brands would be good. Seem like worth the try now

My brother is looking for a big tablet. He uses a iPad 2018 model with Pencil right now.

I will research all these options. I never knew off brands would be good. Seem like worth the try now
Wacom is the top of the line, professional grade products. Huion seems to be the next tier / closest challenger. The concern is that some software may be incompatible with Huion. After reading up on this - Animate (perhaps the best animation software) works well with Wacom, but not well on any other device. Animate apparently believes that it's Huion's responsibility to fix the problem... But, despite numerous complaints and requests, as a Chinese company does not seem inclined to do anything about it.

(I don't want this to sound like one of those generic, knee-jerk bashing of China posts. The fact is that the product is highly regarded by the purchaser and reviews I've read, but the customer service is almost universally panned as bad - and described as typical of similar corporations) - edit: I also recognize this is a shared problem between the two corporations, but if Huion is serious about challenges to Wacom's supremacy, you would think they would try to compete on more than just price

Last edited:
Follow up report - we ended up getting the Huion 22 Pro.

She loves it

My son uses it as a second monitor to help him find the extracts in EFT. She does not love that.

But as an art /productivity device - it's pretty damn cool. Highly recommend it!

Back