Huge availability coming in mid December and January - Source: GamerMeld

busy.png

As I've been helping my friends/coworkers upgrade their machines, I've had no issue getting cards from EVGA. No bots, just paying MSRP, most of these card were purchased this month.
View attachment 309514

Meh 3090s have been available for a while now since the 6900 XT price reveal. If you could build a stack of 3080s that looked like that, now that would be impressive.

Meh 3090s have been available for a while now since the 6900 XT price reveal. If you could build a stack of 3080s that looked like that, now that would be impressive.
Indeed, had a few opportunities at a 3090. A 3090 is worth a 3080 and 5950x combined, making the 3090 completely unjustifiable, for me at least.

Problem is, AFAIK, you can't pre-order at Amazon or Newegg.:( I would love to be proven wrong. ;)
So this is an issue that infuriates me to no end with Newegg. They have the capacity to take preorders, but simply choose not to. I Pre-ordered the samsung 980 pro 1TB through them, prior to launch, and it arrived at my house almost a week ahead of schedule. It was the smoothest, easiest preorder transaction I've ever dealt with. So they have the capacity to do preorders, but simply choose not to for whatever the fork the reason.

This would enable them to sort through orders, throw out the bad ones, and at least give consumers some sense of satisfaction in the customer experience. As it stands now, stock dissappears before you can add it to cart, which means that the majority of their cards are simply being botted out of stock instantly. If I am spamming F5 when all the cards come in, and can't click add to cart in less than a second and at least see it in my cart, you have a problem. Not even god could check out that fast using a keyboard and mouse, or cellphone app with a finger.

TLDR: Newegg can do preorders, they just don't want to for whatever reason. And that reason is? You're going to have to visit their website a thousand times trying to buy your card and might just buy something at some point. I know I did. It's corporate greed at it's finest, and anti-consumer at best. Forcing you to buy combo deals just to purchase a graphics card or cpu is another nefarious practice that further supports all signs pointing to straight greed.

I've had far less 3080s go through my hands so far. [Edit] to be clear I'm not making any profit, just helping out people I know get their hands on cards while also upgrading/rebuilding machines for them for the fun of it.
1 FE, 1 XC3, and one FTW3 Ultra.
Today the first of 6 3080 Hybrid FTW3 Ultras were ordered along with another 3090 FTW3 Ultra.

I've started to gather a collection of "old" GPUs as I swap out the cards.

IMG_20201216_113504.jpg

This is legit an entire shipment that Micro Center gets some times, don't bull shit
Looks like those are all 3090s. Much easier to get due to the price.

EVGA does seems to be the most reliable source. If you get on their notify list and wait, with the tracking spreadsheets you can get a good idea when you'll have a card.

Looks like those are all 3090s. Much easier to get due to the price.

EVGA does seems to be the most reliable source. If you get on their notify list and wait, with the tracking spreadsheets you can get a good idea when you'll have a card.
I'm interested in a different EVGA card, on the combination of features and price. How do I find a spreadsheet for the 3060 Ti?

Epos7 Thanks for this list. Putting my name on a wait-list for a GPU card, this is a first. (But this is one screwed up launch.) I signed up with EVGA on 12/10 for a notify, and I just checked the website to confirm it. But I didn't see my name on this Google Notify List. Is there something I need to do?

EDIT: I figured it out myself. ;)

Last edited:
It's corporate greed at it's finest, and anti-consumer at best. Forcing you to buy combo deals just to purchase a graphics card or cpu is another nefarious practice that further supports all signs pointing to straight greed.
I fully agree with what your saying, however here’s the solution: don’t buy things from them you didn’t intend to. Alternatively, come back in February when there should be more stock. At this point we know the situation is pathetic, so why keep making yourself feel bad? Let it go, come back when things settle down. I’m having too much fun playing Control to be worried about when I’ll finally be able to upgrade my GPU.

My thoughts on the Kingpin is that it's probably the ideal situation for people who want a 3090 card now, who were going to buy one of the better (3 power connector) 3090 cards anyway, and who were almost tempted enough to go with a scalper but object to the concept of scalpers for any reasons.

1) First, you have to be an EVGA Elite member to preorder one. Which means 100 forum posts. I did it in one night with posting youtube music videos, but the requirement will filter out some potential snap purchasers.
2) Being their most expensive card, it makes sense that they would rather sell as many as they can rather than XC cards. I mean, since quantities are limited, why not prioritize the big money cards for production.
3) Less people will jump into the $1990 end of the pool in the first place.
4) If you were going to consider a scalper anyway, why not just give EVGA the extra bucks and score a Kingpin instead. It's subjective and incomplete data, but it looks like the second trenche of cards had at least 50 cards ship.

Myself, I'm not adverse to spending an extra 4 or 5 hundred for a card. I've stood in lines at Microcenter in the cold for hours, multiple times, and came up empty. After the last time of freezing my rear off I understood that my time was worth money, and thus so is a seller's.
My problem is that I am risk adverse to spending 2k on a video card, then experiencing some early adopter or hardware build issue, and ending up with warrantee problems because I'm wasn't the original purchaser. I mean technically the last point shouldn't be an issue, after all I can purchase a card for you and gift it to you, you own it, and you have the right to register it. But I'm not going through any of that risk and I hate scalpers anyway.

/although during a worldwide pandemic I'm willing to temper my hate at little, because you never know someone's situation and many of those people might just be regular people barely getting by and just trying to put food on the table. I mean if you take a starving man and give him an opportunity to double his money and feed his family, I'm gonna have to temporarily put aside my hate. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy from one though. So glad that EVGA has their preorder lists.

I fully agree with what your saying, however here’s the solution: don’t buy things from them you didn’t intend to. Alternatively, come back in February when there should be more stock. At this point we know the situation is pathetic, so why keep making yourself feel bad? Let it go, come back when things settle down. I’m having too much fun playing Control to be worried about when I’ll finally be able to upgrade my GPU.
+1.

I'm not a gamer, but as long as my ancient 660 Ti keeps working, I'm going to sit out all the scalper-pricing frenzy. I keep refreshing my open windows for BB and NE, and sooner or later, probably much later, I'll be able to pay list price for a 3060 Ti. My "chief financial officer" pays attention to what I spend on all this hardware. In May, before all the parts shortages, I upgraded to an AMX 3900X, ASUS ROG X570 motherboard, and 32 GB of Ballistix CL 3600 RAM. I knew that both Red and Green were going to release new products soon, so I didn't do a graphics card upgrade at the same time. Now I regret that decision.

Reactions: c3k
like this
+1.

I'm not a gamer, but as long as my ancient 660 Ti keeps working, I'm going to sit out all the scalper-pricing frenzy. I keep refreshing my open windows for BB and NE, and sooner or later, probably much later, I'll be able to pay list price for a 3060 Ti. My "chief financial officer" pays attention to what I spend on all this hardware. In May, before all the parts shortages, I upgraded to an AMX 3900X, ASUS ROG X570 motherboard, and 32 GB of Ballistix CL 3600 RAM. I knew that both Red and Green were going to release new products soon, so I didn't do a graphics card upgrade at the same time. Now I regret that decision.
You have a CFO huh? LoL

+1.

Might as well get on an auto-notify at evga,

https://www.evga.com/products/Produ...=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3060+Ti
https://forums.evga.com/3060-Ti-Notificationtimeline-thread-with-daily-updated-list-m3162394.aspx

Last edited:
Don't we all.(y)
This is why my husband and I have joint and separate accounts. If I (was able to and for some insane reason) wanted to buy several 3090s right now on the spot, I owe him no explanations of any kind. We discuss our joint pool of money for our joint expenses, but I don't bat an eyelid when he buys a new iMac or an iPad pro. Our separate expenses are our separate prerogatives. I'm always amazed how many people think we have a very "modern marriage" - to us, this is just logical. A life built together doesn't negate that we also have our individual wishes and interests.

At my local Microcenter, I was able to score two 3070s and one 3080, just walking in throughout the day, never waiting early in a line. But mind you that was over the course of probably 5 weeks of going there almost every other day.

I was just there today picking up a misc. fan and I asked the guy I got to know there, what cards they got in today?

He said this morning the delivery truck had about 30 or 40 RTX 3070s, about 20 RTX 3080s, and about 10 RTX 3090s. He said there was a line out the door before the store opened and by the time the line was done all the cards were spoken for not even enough for everybody that waited.

I asked about the AMD new cards he says we never see those maybe one or two a week.

he said since AMD made the announcement of their new cards launching early in November they may be received a grand total of a dozen of those cards, But in that same time frame since then the past 5 weeks or so he said the Nvidia RTX cards they probably received a 1,000 cards.

I'm not in the market for a card anymore but he looked at me and winked and said if you come Monday or Tuesday morning there will be cards here from Nvidia. He said if you're looking for one of the new AMD cards per his sources Microenter won't have good supply of those until February / March

if you come Monday or Tuesday morning there will be cards here from Nvidia. He said if you're looking for one of the new AMD cards per his sources Microenter won't have good supply of those until February / March
If all of that is true, it’s a really bad color on AMD. I’d likely buy nvidia in most cases, but I don’t like being limited to them as a purchasable option. At the same time, it’s one positive about nvidia’s ability to figure out their production lines.

Just used their queuing system. I have 1 evga account and my friend has six. I bought three of those cards, one per house hold per card type. He bought the rest.

Fun fact 3 x 3090 hybrid cards are difficult to install in one machine, but possible.
That's cheating with a Core X9!!

Gigabyte Vision RTX 3080 and 3070

Attachments

• PXL_20201219_141344083.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20201219_141344083.PORTRAIT.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20201219_141333478.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20201219_141333478.PORTRAIT.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 0
Got in on a 3090 Kingpin auto-notify
These KPE cards seem to be having some issues. And the binning seems to be Russian Roulette. Some are saying they get worse results than their FTW cards.

https://forums.evga.com/RTX-3090-KNGPN-Power-Draw-Issues-m3181985-p7.aspx

And I don't know if you've been following the EVGA forum, but there are people over there hinting of one last big KPE drop before the EVGA holiday break. https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForc...utoNotify-Confirmation-List-m3152026-p69.aspx

EVGA posted their holiday schedule, "EVGA Online Store: Orders placed after 12/23/20 at 2:00 PM will not ship until 1/5/21". So who knows?

SPECIAL 2020 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE NOTICE:

EVGA HOLIDAY NOTICE: EVGA has limited operating hours in observance of the upcoming Christmas and New Year Holidays.

Office: The EVGA offices will be closed from 6:00 PM on 12/24/20 to 9:00 AM on 1/4/21.
Customer Service: EVGA Customer Service will be closed from 4:00 PM on 12/24/20 and reopen at 9:00 AM on 12/28/20. They will also close from 4:00 PM on 12/31/20 and reopen at 9:00 AM on 1/4/21.
RMA Service: RMA Services will be closed on 12/25/20 and reopen on 1/5/21

EVGA Online Store: Orders placed after 12/23/20 at 2:00 PM will not ship until 1/5/21.

All times are Pacific Standard Time

Then I read a thread over there about someone's card that was delivered, but he never received it despite paying for sig verification, it's been over a week, and he's still waiting to hear anything from anyone. It seems like many people are reporting that their cards were left unattended by the driver without their sig verification or even anyone present. One guy said that the driver must have been a ninja, because his 2 dogs never alerted and they always do.

https://forums.evga.com/3090-order-was-possibly-stolen-m3174641.aspx

These are fubar times to be hardware enthusiast. 2020 was a bit of a throwaway year in so many ways.

Last edited:
These KPE cards seem to be having some issues. And the binning seems to be Russian Roulette. Some are saying they get worse results than their FTW cards.

And I don't know if you've been following the EVGA forum, but there are people over there hinting of one last big KPE drop before the EVGA holiday break. https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForc...utoNotify-Confirmation-List-m3152026-p69.aspx

EVGA posted their holiday schedule, "EVGA Online Store: Orders placed after 12/23/20 at 2:00 PM will not ship until 1/5/21". So who knows?

Then I read a thread over there about someone's card that was delivered, but he never received it despite paying for sig verification, it's been over a week, and he's still waiting to hear anything from anyone. It seems like many people are reporting that their cards were left unattended by the driver without their sig verification or even anyone present. One guy said that the driver must have been a ninja, because his 2 dogs never alerted and they always do.

These are fubar times to be hardware enthusiast. 2020 was a bit of a throwaway year in so many ways.
I literally had to chase the UPS guy down the street to get the first couple EVGA 30x0 series cards as I wasn't fast enough to answer to door, but the more recent hybrid deliveries they just left them on my porch and drove off 🤷‍♂️

Waiting for a 5900X and 6800XT.. purposely downplayed some xmas spending to make this a priority when availability hits. Gifts to myself are far important this year as i have always had to sacrifice.

I just can't believe how much scalping still going on atm. I would of think the market would of bottomed out 3xxx cards. My MC get cards pretty damn regularly and sell out to scalpers everyday they get deliveries. There was 36 people still waiting in line for the truck to show up at 11:30 today. I brought up the wth happened to the limit 1 card per house hold per 30 days rule.bhe tells me the manager doesn't enforce it. They just don't let one person buy more then one card that lines up in the morning.

I just can't believe how much scalping still going on atm. I would of think the market would of bottomed out 3xxx cards. My MC get cards pretty damn regularly and sell out to scalpers everyday they get deliveries. There was 36 people still waiting in line for the truck to show up at 11:30 today. I brought up the wth happened to the limit 1 card per house hold per 30 days rule.bhe tells me the manager doesn't enforce it. They just don't let one person buy more then one card that lines up in the morning.
If you invest in an IRA, your money doubles every 7 years or so no risk. If you buy an rtx 3080 your money doubles daily, no risk. For someone making minimum wage, that's 2 weeks paycheck for an early morning outside microcenter. The scalping won't go away until retailers/etailers figure out a way to only sell one product to an individual tied to their license or ss# ect. Since that will never happen, this could continue through the end of 2021 potentially regardless of inventory being released.

The micro center I go to they busted my stones and buying my son's 3070 they looked up my address and name and noticed that I bought a 3080 29 days earlier and refused to sell me that 3070.

I was furious and spoke to the manager of the store and said this is not me scalping the first 3080 card was legitimately for my own personal system and this new 3070 is for my son's build I'm doing for Christmas. and she stuck to her gone saying sorry sir we can't sell you the card until after 30 days.

they gave me a voucher that was good for 6 hours saying if I couldn't have someone else come in and purchase the card but it can't be me personally. So I picked up my coworker gave him the cash and the voucher and bought it that way.

So at micro center I bought one RTX 380 and two RTX 3070s for my son and daughter's first PCs they've ever had that I built.

The micro center I go to they busted my stones and buying my son's 3070 they looked up my address and name and noticed that I bought a 3080 29 days earlier and refused to sell me that 3070.

I was furious and spoke to the manager of the store and said this is not me scalping the first 3080 card was legitimately for my own personal system and this new 3070 is for my son's build I'm doing for Christmas. and she stuck to her gone saying sorry sir we can't sell you the card until after 30 days.

they gave me a voucher that was good for 6 hours saying if I couldn't have someone else come in and purchase the card but it can't be me personally. So I picked up my coworker gave him the cash and the voucher and bought it that way.

So at micro center I bought one RTX 380 and two RTX 3070s for my son and daughter's first PCs they've ever had that I built.
Why can't my MC be like this. It is the reason there are lines every god damn day.

I have a really good 3090 FTW3 currently and an Alphacool waterblock coming next month so there's a good chance I'll pass on the KP, especially now that the KP XOC 1000W bios is in the wild.

I have a really good 3090 FTW3 currently and an Alphacool waterblock coming next month so there's a good chance I'll pass on the KP, especially now that the KP XOC 1000W bios is in the wild.

Honestly, I was reading through the EVGA 3xxx forums and if you have a good card that clocks well it might be wise to stick with it. If I can get a 3090 strix I'll probably pass on the KPE as well.

And I've gotten two 3080's direct from EVGA and in queue from 9/17 for two more.

I heard the DEA is being reassigned from drug enforcement to graphics card enforcement.

This guy just rehashes rumors. There was no huge availability and most likely won’t be even until February.

This guy just rehashes rumors. There was no huge availability and most likely won’t be even until February.

It's standard techbait formula now-

1. Take a position on a controversial issue, ideally negative-leaning since it gets most clicks, and citing a secret "inside source". It might happen, might not, doesn't matter - coin toss.
2. If lucky guess materializes, take credit, and coast on believers repeating "Well he's been right before" ... "Well he got that Intel rumor right" ... "Well he's been pretty reliable" for the next 5 guesses.
3. If position turns out to be bullshit, never speak about or acknowledge it again, goto 1 and repeat the cycle.

Lots of these goofballs engaged in it- MLID, Adoretv, Gamermeld etc

Last edited:
Back