HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

My delivery date at HP SMB OSS Order Status tool just changed. It now reads "Date will follow" instead of 8/29. I'm still in Admin status so I'm still hopeful that I'll eventually get one.
thanks took me awhile to figure it out judging from the email they sent me last week, says im still in admin status but should be getting my TP by the end of the week! YAYUH!!!!

mine is admin, b/o still. 8/23 was my order date. They released the funds on my CC so i'm probably not getting one.

order 8/20, they relased the fund last week and this monday the hold was applied again. i called csr and they told me it's backorder, don't really know the status maybe 6weeks? or ever LOL, even though the my status said delivery expected tomorrow :). I'm not hoping much from this

Anyone who signed up for a notifications from newegg for when they get more touchpads check your email, they're letting them get first dibs

When did that come through? I'm pretty sure I did since they were OOS when I clicked the auto notify button.

How can you tell if the TP has been allocated? Mine is admin status, and according to the chat CSR they said I would in fact receive one. But according to what others have said, that doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Well, delivery date from HP got changed again, this time to Sept 7th. But at least they adjusted the price to free shipping though.

The good news is, this may also be a way to estimate when they are getting together their next shipment.. Pushing it back that far likely means back order they are trying to fill...

How can you tell if the TP has been allocated? Mine is admin status, and according to the chat CSR they said I would in fact receive one. But according to what others have said, that doesn't really mean a whole lot.

look at your orderstatus from your email, when you sign on it whould tell you if your order is b/o or allocated

Well my touchpad is going back to hp, the center/home button is broken and I don't want a refurb so Ill just get a refund.

16 or 32?

16. I figured the lost productivity from trying to find a damn $99 TP was worth paying $200/shipped for it and getting back to work. I still don't have it in hand, but apparently this company has a few hundred of them and they're selling them on eBay.

I blame my rat brain for getting caught up in all the marketing/hype. But really, $200 for a fully functional tablet is still a damn good deal, IMO. At that price point I started to think what I could do with it, and it was worth it to me.

Well my touchpad is going back to hp, the center/home button is broken and I don't want a refurb so Ill just get a refund.

And what makes you think they have refurbished ones to send you they would either repair it or tell you your sol due to discontinuation of product

I have higher hopes for my backorders at officemax and expansys to ship before SMB. I feel that HP will be sending TPs to retailers who have backordered product before actually releasing it to the public. I got an email response from both saying they expect more stock soon.

16. I figured the lost productivity from trying to find a damn $99 TP was worth paying $200/shipped for it and getting back to work. I still don't have it in hand, but apparently this company has a few hundred of them and they're selling them on eBay.

I blame my rat brain for getting caught up in all the marketing/hype. But really, $200 for a fully functional tablet is still a damn good deal, IMO. At that price point I started to think what I could do with it, and it was worth it to me.

About a month ago a China tablet with a single core 1Ghz proc and a resistive touch screen in all it's plastic splendor was going for 160.00 on SD and everyone was going crazy for it. $200.00 for a touchpad is still a great deal.

And what makes you think they have refurbished ones to send you they would either repair it or tell you your sol due to discontinuation of product

It's still covered under a 1yr manufacturer warranty. If it's defective they have to do something.

Lol, people are butt hurt :D. I still feel bad for those who wanted them when you had these people wanting to flip them for twice the price ordering by the truck load.

well in the link on your order confirmation it should have a link where it said check your order status

Anyway, i just called HP again and after 40mins wait they told me my order would be ship out in 6-8 weeks, same as the csr i spoke to yesterday :(

Oh well, the good news is that they are actually getting inventory in 6-8 weeks, the bad news is that i don't know if it's true or not LOL

Just received an email from HP subject: Important Update about HP TouchPad

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time,
and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again.
We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future.
We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products,
valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599.
To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code [removed my code] at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/Answering-Your-Questions-Part-2/ba-p/68749

I had a couple 32GB TouchPads replaced last week through HP and received refurb units. They basically look brand new except it just comes in a plain brown box.

were these things ever brought back in stock after the initial sell out?

Nope. Still a (remote) possibility however.

One thing I'm really shocked about, however, is that the company I bought mine from on eBay literally has PALLETS of them. The firesale was so poorly handled, it really seems like some people got some inside help getting units.

nightrider, i got tghe same email. Mine was supose to ship today. Now what does this mean to all of us?
If i knew what was going on i would run around town and look for one. But if it is a backorder thing I would wait.

update: i do believe that the email was from email notifier from HP site.

2nd update: My order from rouge link is no longer in system. They are showing nothing in system any more. ;(

Last edited:
nightrider, i got tghe same email. Mine was supose to ship today. Now what does this mean to all of us?
If i knew what was going on i would run around town and look for one. But if it is a backorder thing I would wait.

That e-mail was sent out to those who signed up for notification when it was back in stock, so it wasn't sent out as a response to anyone who currently has orders outstanding.

I haven't gotten a delayed shipment email yet, and mine is still supposed to ship today. Chat CSRs don't know much, I should call in and find out.

they be making more!!!

source? or are they just using up produced parts.... it would be tits if they kept making more and those jerks who bought 20-100 of them get left holding a bunch of tablets they cant sell for more than they paid.

source? or are they just using up produced parts.... it would be tits if they kept making more and those jerks who bought 20-100 of them get left holding a bunch of tablets they cant sell for more than they paid.

HP itself said they were making a limited number of Touchpads, as you point out it is probably to use up existing stock. From what I understand, the CEM's they contract with to make this usually have no more than a month worth of parts in stock, so once those parts are gone, the Touchpad is finished.

HP are idiots. They should have taken the loss by selling the Touchpad at $200-250, building up market share and a respectable app market.

HP are idiots. They should have taken the loss by selling the Touchpad at $200-250, building up market share and a respectable app market.

This might work in the U.S. (depending on how anal stockholders are), but in Europe you can't do such things. From what I understand it's against the law to knowingly sell a product below it's production and materials cost; to do so would be to intentionally destroy shareholder value.

Follow the link above it has all the details. My favorite part is where they will limiting the allowed ordering amount if they get stock back in. I might have to pick up another... not to resell, but maybe as a backup.

im an honest to goodness guy alls i wanted was one for me and one for my mom, but they sold out so damn fast but looks like i'll be screwed again

going to ask this here as I dunno where else to.

anyone know how to check my wireless connection info from this thing? Not sure if I'm connected at N or not.

Back