HP Officejet Pro 8710 issue.

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
I been have a issue with this printer at work. I have to scan file a lot of documents on a daily basis and when I load up the scanner tray I get an printer error after it scans two sheets. It will only scan if I do it right after a fresh reboot. I might get 1 or 2 scanned in before the error occurs. The error doesn't give me any information at all. My IT department is totally useless to help. I had the HP smart app reinstalled. I tried different cables. Directly connected to the print with Ethernet and USB. Tried over the wireless network and the error persist. My co-worker that I share the office with is attached to the printer through the same switch I am and has no issues scanning. They are stingy issuing me a new one also. Any ideas before I go office space on this thing?

Co-worker has no issues and you do, time to completely check your workstation, from setup to OS. It could be a driver related issue as well as it could be any hardware glitch on your side. I'd start off by formatting the computer with fresh OS, no image restoration, as it could bring back the problem. Afterwards, you install same printer before any other software and then, should the problem persist, it's certainly a matter of hardware configuration or damage in the faulty machine.

Check any recently installed Windows updates. There have been a few Windows 10 updates in the past year or two that have broken printer support.

I have one client that has a plotter that Windows 10 stopped supporting with a recent update, and there was no fix. He had to get a machine with an older version of Windows to be able to continue using the plotter.

Back