How to use 3x360 radiators with MEG Prospect 700R (PC Case) ?

I love the look of this PC case:

https://www.msi.com/PC-Case/MEG-PROSPECT-700R/Overview

I would love to be able to implement

1. AMD 7950 X3D 16 core CPU stacked with 3D V-Cache
2. NVIDIA RTX 4090

This particular PC case seems to be well suited for EK cooling solutions/radiators.

However there is a problem:

Theoretically this PC case can mount 3 x 360 radiators which would be needed to cool the CPU + the GPU both with water cooling.

However some of the EK cooling solutions require a DISTRIBUTION plate which would replace one of the 360 radiators, which would be a problem, because then there is not enough cooling to cool the CPU + the GPU.

The CPU is rumored to be able to generate close to 250 watts of heat.
The GPU is rumored to be able to generate close to 600 watts of heat (CHIP+RAM)

Basically the official narrative about both CPU and GPU are not thruthfull and could cause surprises for people building personal computers.

So for now I am going to assume that 850 watts of cooling power will be needed to cool these two hot components.

The general rule of thumb seems to be 120 mm/140 mm per 100 watts of heat.

So 850/100 = 8.5 so close to 9 fans needed. Hence the need for 9 fans, basically meaning 3 x 360 mm, which would be 3 x 3 x 120 mm fans at the very least.

Now I am wondering if there is a possibility to use all 3 radiator mounts, do away with the distribution plate, but where and/or how to mount a pump and a reservoir ?!?

What would you do if you had this PC case and wanted to mount this hardware above, is there a way to do it with 3 radiators of 360 mm ?!?

I am a complete noob with water cooling, so any help is appreciated.

I do not have the case but IMO that case is not suited for 3x 360 rads. The side and the front would interfere. If you want 3x360 take a look at the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL. There is a reason the case is very popular. Due to the popularity finding ideas and advice should be very easy. That said your logic is a bit rudimentary. I'd say 2-360x60 rads (which would fit in that case) with proper fans in push/pull could dissipate 1000w to 1400w. Of course that is a custom loop not an AIO.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How thick are your 360 rads? are you using 25mm or 30mm thick fans? Are you using push or pull or using push & pull? with that many radiators, volume occupied by the radiators and fans starts to matter.

You don't need a distribution plate. You can mount a pump/res combo onto one of the fans/rads. Which I would do since the pump that comes with those distro plates is pretty weak and will have bad flow rates going through 2 rads let alone 3 plus GPU and CPU. I never used this case so can't tell if having rads on the side and front will interfere.

Back