How to unlock LHR cards?

I mucked around today with myn3080lhr card and the new nbminer. 63 is the max it will do. Better than 55ish or so it was doing before.

People are getting into the 70s but nothing i do gets it above 63

What card do you have?

I'm a bit perplexed by my computer. I reset the bios to default, but it just kept turning the computer off and on when iGPU is connected. Works fine with 3080. I might try to remove the 3080, start with iGPU and then install 3080 back.
It's blocking me from flashing my card and I'm pretty sure flashing a different bios would help, even with gaming as my card is plenty cool but boosts only to about 1950.

What card do you have?

I'm a bit perplexed by my computer. I reset the bios to default, but it just kept turning the computer off and on when iGPU is connected. Works fine with 3080. I might try to remove the 3080, start with iGPU and then install 3080 back.
It's blocking me from flashing my card and I'm pretty sure flashing a different bios would help, even with gaming as my card is plenty cool but boosts only to about 1950.

MSI Gaming X Trio or whatever ridiculous name they give these things. I didn't try flashing the bios, it is something I won't do out of fear of bricking something.

Well this didn't last long.. It like the the LHR kicks in fully and now I get around 40mh/s using doing the method above. I have no problems doing it with just the quick miner which I get 64mh/s~. Nothing is crashing and not getting errors in event viewer. Watching evga precision I see my memory not ramping up at all. They stay at idle speeds.

I have a 3080 LHR card. Here are my settings running the newest t-rex for 71-72MH.

3080 hash.JPG

I mucked around today with myn3080lhr card and the new nbminer. 63 is the max it will do. Better than 55ish or so it was doing before.

People are getting into the 70s but nothing i do gets it above 63
Try T-Rex. I ran 150 core, 1200 memory, 80 power. When running the software if will tell you the hashrate it expects to maintain and slowly climbs to it. Mine was always 71.

with T-rex do you need any kind of parameters to the miner for LHR or does it just work?

anything to get more, profitability right now for me is abysmal. down to like 16 bucks a day when it was like 25 to 30 for the past 6 to 8 weeks.

with T-rex do you need any kind of parameters to the miner for LHR or does it just work?

anything to get more, profitability right now for me is abysmal. down to like 16 bucks a day when it was like 25 to 30 for the past 6 to 8 weeks.

It should just work with the newest one after you setup you pool info.

Did you lock your gpu clock to 1200?

No. I think I'm running that one with -500 on the core. It just happened to fluctuate to 1200Mhz in the picture.

I have a 3080Ti that I have a locked GPU core. It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference with ETH, but it does with ERGO on that card.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a bit stuck with my setup.
My computer doesn't want to start when I use the iGPU while 3080 is connected. It just keeps restarting itself with no display.
I can't flash the card without using the iGPU.
It works fine when I pull out the 3080.

Yeah I'm a bit stuck with my setup.
My computer doesn't want to start when I use the iGPU while 3080 is connected. It just keeps restarting itself with no display.
I can't flash the card without using the iGPU.
It works fine when I pull out the 3080.

Why not? The EVGA utility flashes cards while they are the main display. So it definitely can be done.

Maybe you have to go into the BIOS and change the first display to the igpu? Then it should boot with both connected and the primary display on the igpu.

Guess who's hashing over 70mh/s now :cool:

Flashing Suprim X LHR bios on Trio Z LHR solved the problem. I also can drag the power bar to 116% (compared to 102% before).
Currently 72.5mh/s at 255w.
Check post #36 for the full guide. In case the link dies and Surpim X LHR bios is gone, I have attached both the original (my own BIOS) as well as the one that solved my problem.
This is working on MSI 3080 Trio Z LHR and ONLY the LHR version (do not flash this on non-LHR) and the Suprim X BIOS is also LHR only.

A few notes:
Setting the GPU clock below 0 makes the card draw even more power, (300w at -500 gpu clock), at no hash change. In fact, setting it at 0 makes the card draw 267w and hashes at 73mh/s. So I just set it to +150 and letting it do it's job.
I need to set the power draw to 116% to actually hash above 70mh/s. Setting the power draw to anything below makes the card go back to 200w power draw and 62mh/s hash.

I'm not going to complain with the above. This way I can set everything to max oc my card can take (+125gpu and +1300vram) and use the same clocks for both gaming and mining.
The card is also boosting to about 2060mhz in games which is 100mhz more than the old bios.

Attachments

• BIOS.rar
    775.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I get 87mh/s when I push the memory on the 3080Ti. Settings as shown, this is a stable small variance hashrate, no drops less than a few mhs. It has less variance then my 3090. This is with RTM being mined by all 16 threads of the 5800x.

ETHnbMiner3080Ti.png

Beginning to think there must be different variations for LHR making different tactics work for different cards or bios versions.

^^^ that's about what my 3080ti will do (EVGA FTW3) at the same power.

Reactions: noko
like this
^^^ that's about what my 3080ti will do (EVGA FTW3) at the same power.
This is with NBMiner, your using T-Rex? Seems like as the miners get more updates, the HR just keeps getting higher.

Nicehash for some reason won't start LHR mode 1 (74) but starts mode 2 (71), which makes hashrate drop to 68-69mh/s.
I like Nicehash because it's paying me in BTC which I can easily convert to FIAT, but I still lose a bit of hashrate so I'll see if I can optimize that.

Nicehash for some reason won't start LHR mode 1 (74) but starts mode 2 (71), which makes hashrate drop to 68-69mh/s.
I like Nicehash because it's paying me in BTC which I can easily convert to FIAT, but I still lose a bit of hashrate so I'll see if I can optimize that.
If you mine with T-Rex you can mine with the 2miners pool and they will pay you out in BTC, ETH or Nano. Read their FAQ.

You still mine eth, but they pay you out in BTC like Nicehash, so you can avoid the eth fees.

I use miner fork fix on NH. They update miners more often and you can set undervolt settings per algo.

This is with NBMiner, your using T-Rex? Seems like as the miners get more updates, the HR just keeps getting higher.

Yes. I get a more stable rate with trex with algo switching. NBMiner doesn't like algo switching and will sometimes when it comes back to ETH it drops to 50MH @ 200W instead of 87@280W.

I've been using Miner Legacy Fork Fix for Nicehash with NH. Then I download individual new versions of miners and replace them in the miners directory. It also allows you to customize your undervolt/overclock settings for each different algo you are running. Right now I run Trex for daggerhashimoto, KAWPOW, and Octopus and NBMiner for Autolykos, BeamV3 all with different tweaked settings for maximum efficiency. I've been averaging about $6-8 a day of BTC with a 3080Ti give or take (and depending on the BTC price).

Reactions: noko
like this
I need to do this with my trio Z but fear bricking it.
is an extra 6 possible MH/s worth another 50 watts?? that is my other dilemma. Mine gets 66 pretty solid right now with the default Trio Z bios.

Last edited:
Back