How to Establish a Working FTP File Transfer Between ISP's Modem and Private Router?

Boris_yo

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I am successfully being able to connect from devices connected to Edimax router
with devices connected to Sagemcom ISP modem (Bridge Disabled) but not the
other way around.

I was told it is because they are on a different SUBNETs but wouldn't that render
connection from Edimax router (WLAN port) to ISP's router (LAN port) not working?
Does it mean that with different SUBNETs I can connect to upper level devices but
not sub-level devices?

I have the following functions in Edimax router:

- DMZ
- Virtual Server
- Static routing table

image (2).jpg

First two I did not have luck with but maybe third function will solve it?

Thanks

Attachments

• APmode.jpg
    APmode.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's not a subnet issue, but a NAT issue. The edimax router is also acting as a router so it must have a 'hole' for the server. The other thing is to put the edimax in access point mode and everything will work since the sagemcom will then be the only router.

It's not a subnet issue, but a NAT issue. The edimax router is also acting as a router so it must have a 'hole' for the server. The other thing is to put the edimax in access point mode and everything will work since the sagemcom will then be the only router.
Edimax is in AP mode already. There is no option to disable NAT on either.
Disabling DHCP on Edimax solves this and puts me on the same network as Sagemcom (192.168.1.*/**/**) but
I no longer can access Edimax's management interface unless I manually configure connection
to Edimax as static and change from 192.168.1.*/**/** to 192.168.2.*/**/***

So I prefer to leave DHCP enabled on Edimax but then I return to where I started...

Edimax is in AP mode already. There is no option to disable NAT on either.
Disabling DHCP on Edimax solves this and puts me on the same network as Sagemcom (192.168.1.*/**/**) but
I no longer can access Edimax's management interface unless I manually configure connection
to Edimax as static and change from 192.168.1.*/**/** to 192.168.2.*/**/***

So I prefer to leave DHCP enabled on Edimax but then I return to where I started...
Change the Edimax's IP address to something that is outside the dhcp scope of the sagercom like 192.168.1.250. Then you should disable the dhcp. You should still be able to get to the webui as long as your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

Back