How small can I go for something that will run Win10 and Chrome?

I'm starting to spec out a big external cooler and am planning on controlling it all with an aquaero. That controller can run in full standalone, but I'd like to utilize a few sensors which don't work on aquabus. So, I'm thinking I should just incorporate a small touchscreen connected to a very lightweight and compact system running Win10 and have it to kiosk mode with Aquasuite being the app. Any suggestions for something small and, ideally, targeted at the embedded market, which might be up to the task?

Well, you could run windows on a raspberry pi (if you can obtain one), although it may be a bit slow, and you'll have to verify the programs you want to run work on ARM windows. They have neat cases and "hats" which enable all kinds of customization, so they should be great of perf isn't a major concern and the programs work.

https://raspberrytips.com/windows-11-on-raspberry-pi/

Kind of depends on what kind of price you want to spend. You could get something like a NUC that would work fine or something as fancy as an x86 SBC which will generally be slower, but smaller.

Hmm. Hadn't considered a NUC, but that might be the best fit. In my mind, I was sort of thinking I'd leverage the 12V rail from a small ATX supply for powering the fans, but I don't really think that's realistic now that I've actually added up the numbers for that.

I'll go take a look at some NUCs now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hmm. Hadn't considered a NUC, but that might be the best fit. In my mind, I was sort of thinking I'd leverage the 12V rail from a small ATX supply for powering the fans, but I don't really think that's realistic now that I've actually added up the numbers for that.

I'll go take a look at some NUCs now. Thanks for the suggestion.

If price is a large consideration, you could get an older model or weaker CPU that should function adequately for what you're using it for. I would think you could be all in under $200 for a decent setup.

any 1 liter "business" computer such as the Lenovo M72 Tiny HP 600/800 G1 or Dell 3020 micro. Lenovo's from the Ivy Bridge CPU will be under $ 100. It is possible that there are computers in the form of an HDMI stick (for example, Intel Compute Stick with Z8300)

789717_0_i1064.jpg

Back