How much would you pay over MSRP for a 3080/3090?

How much over MSRP would you spend on a 3080/3090?

• Total voters
Yeah, definitely not paying anything over Nvidia msrp. If partner cards turn out better than FE, I'll pay a little more but not a premium for minimum gain. I just upgraded and am quite happy with my set up now. Only reason I'd go for 30 series or 6000 series is for shits, giggles and money burning my pocket. I'm not over paying for something that's for shits and giggles.

Damn, I misread and thought the question was how much I would give for an AIB card over the generic reference card. $100. But scalper, no way.

The new news today from Nvidia CFO states they are throwing in the towel not just for q4 '20 but also q1 '21 and possibly q2 '21 for meeting any type of change from the current innability for gamers to buy a gpu.

She also confirmed they dumped every gpu they had (or were willing to sell to the gamer channel) at launch windows and thats that, confirming all the reports that nvidia got rid of everything meaningful they had manufactured right at launch of their prespective cards.

If anything, its looking like 2nd hand market prices would only conceivabley increase, so those of you with a hard and fast highest scalped price number, start thinking about bumping it up if you expect to get a card off ebay fb marketplace craigslist ect.

The new news today from Nvidia CFO states they are throwing in the towel not just for q4 '20 but also q1 '21 and possibly q2 '21 for meeting any type of change from the current innability for gamers to buy a gpu.

She also confirmed they dumped every gpu they had (or were willing to sell to the gamer channel) at launch windows and thats that, confirming all the reports that nvidia got rid of everything meaningful they had manufactured right at launch of their prespective cards.

Link?

I'm ashamed to say that I paid a scalper on eBay for my Evga 3080 FTW3 Ultra. It was around $350 over msrp, and I figured I was "lucky" to get that by buying right when the announcement of how solid the benchmarks are for AMDs new cards. Mt rationale was that the gpu demand situation has been constant for at 9 months at least, and likely won't change until at least the end of next summer. The new generation is only a small part of that. That's 8-9 months (conservatively, imo) of use that I wouldn't otherwise have. This is almost half a generation for someone that upgrades each time new hardware is available. Then there's the fact that my replacement card is overvalued for the same reason, which also takes away some of the sting.

Eh, YOLO.

This poll is confusing. Common AIB like the FTW/Strixx are ~$150 over MSRP/FE. If we talk about rare cards like Kingpin/HoF/Strixx White, then those are already $200++ over MSRP/FE

This does poll include AIB (including special edition) or just FE?

roommate got fed up looking for a 3000 or 6000 series card, grab a 5700xt. hes hapy, upped from an 970.
Im playing horizon zero dawn at medium/high settings at 1440p@80-90fps, even with all the outdoor scenes. If the 3000/6800 series were at full supply, this card would be $300, that's insane

I'm ashamed to say that I paid a scalper on eBay for my Evga 3080 FTW3 Ultra. It was around $350 over msrp, and I figured I was "lucky" to get that by buying right when the announcement of how solid the benchmarks are for AMDs new cards. Mt rationale was that the gpu demand situation has been constant for at 9 months at least, and likely won't change until at least the end of next summer. The new generation is only a small part of that. That's 8-9 months (conservatively, imo) of use that I wouldn't otherwise have. This is almost half a generation for someone that upgrades each time new hardware is available. Then there's the fact that my replacement card is overvalued for the same reason, which also takes away some of the sting.

Eh, YOLO.

Your sig says you had a 2080 Ti - why pay a scalper for not even that huge of an upgrade?

Your sig says you had a 2080 Ti - why pay a scalper for not even that huge of an upgrade?

I could be wrong not much into the second market stuff, but if he sell the 2080TI right now what he can get for it is probably a giant amount higher than when it will be certain to be able buy a 3080 (maybe fully paying that $350 extra).

You know when I put tree fiddy as a poll option, it was a South Park reference. Didn't think anyone would do it.

But just like chefs wife, sometimes people do dumb things

You know when I put tree fiddy as a poll option, it was a South Park reference. Didn't think anyone would do it.

But just like chefs wife, sometimes people do dumb things
I suspect most people around here know the meme - it gets referenced a lot. ;)

roommate got fed up looking for a 3000 or 6000 series card, grab a 5700xt. hes happy, upped from an 970.
I feel that, I grabbed a taichi on sale for 400, glad I did since literally anything decent is sold out or scalped out now. Upgraded from a rx 570.

I bought an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming for $100 CAD less than it is listed on Newegg for? I'm not sure what CAD MSRP is on the card, but I paid $100 less at Canada computers than what I would have paid at Neegg... not counting the like $15 extra shipping cost from Newegg for the card. I paid $2400 CAD.

Lot of $$$, but not scalper money and less than Newegg pricing, so I feel OK I guess...

Im interested in 3080FE but current own evga 3090 ftw3 ultra. What would be fair price to ask ontop of the 3080FE if a trade would happen?

Still looking to purchase a rtx 3080FE currently, only game @ 2k 165hz.
The problem is once you bought the 3090 it is now used so I would depreciate the card 5 to 10 % and that is all I would pay for it.

As for MSRP for all manufacturers selling in the US or US currency, the dollar index is steadily declining. Meaning the value of the dollar keeps dropping (what happens when you basically create out of nothing money then give it to people). I expect prices on most imported items to go up because of it. From March of this year to now, a 10% reduction in value. Blue upper line on graph. If this keeps falling then I doubt we will see next year graphics cards fall to MSRP levels. Nothing is free, just depends on who actually ends up paying for it.

DXy.png

My old gpu didn't stop working, why should I pay more than I need to for it's replacement?

Not one damn penny over MSRP will be spent. I'll save that money for the waterblock and some shiny new fittings.
Aug through Oct was Quad NVMe hyper cards and NVMe gen4 drives. I dropped $540 at Watercool in Nov. In Jan. 2021 it's EK's turn..

I said $50, but that's just what I would accept as normal markup from a small independent shop if I was lucky enough to find one with stock. From an ebay scalper? Not a penny more.

Back