How much heat does on simple pc generates in small room?

dazel

n00b
Hello, Probably it's common question, but...

Crypto Question 222-01.png

What is mediocre temperature in such room?

Let's say it could be 3x rigs with GTX 1060 or GTX 1050?

How much does it heat's up small room?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Crypto Question-01.png
    Crypto Question-01.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
I placed a rack in my basement. Open concept, usually in the 15C degree range.

The rack had 3x1080ti, 1x2070s and a 1070mini. Within about a week the temperate had risen to around 23C. I never expected that at all, considering the cards were never over the 40's.

Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: dazel
like this
I placed a rack in my basement. Open concept, usually in the 15C degree range.

The rack had 3x1080ti, 1x2070s and a 1070mini. Within about a week the temperate had risen to around 23C. I never expected that at all, considering the cards were never over the 40's.

Your mileage may vary.
Thanks for answer,

What temperature was in basement usually before putting rack, and what size is basement?

Thats amazing if card temps was around 40's, usually people run them at 60 - 70's.

It's really going to depend on how much heat escapes your room. But you can figure out the at the wall wattage of the computers and plug that into physics homework for heating a room with a heater and get some idea. Or you can use heat loss estimators and figure out what's the delta T where the heat loss equals your heater input (computers); that's where equilibrium is going to be and since your room isn't too big, you'll most likely hit equilibrium within 24 hours.

like this
Thanks for answer,

What temperature was in basement usually before putting rack, and what size is basement?

Thats amazing if card temps was around 40's, usually people run them at 60 - 70's.

Having a rack that sports 7 fans blowing across the cards always helps.

The basement was about 1100 sq ft. And it went from 15 celsius to about 23.

3 1080tis, 2 1080s, 1060 heatup my basement to the point we leave the upper half of the door open and it helps heat the upstairs

Mine isn't quite that bad lol

like this
I don't do mining, but I do run DC and I close the HVAC vent in the room my 2080ti FTW3 is in and it stays a nice 68-72F in there depending on the outside temp in the winter. And that is usually at 65-75% power level.

This is the simplest guide I've found without getting too complicated. Just total up the wattage from the GPUs and add like 30% or so and think of having an equivalent space heater running constantly. By 3 x 1060 Rigs how many total GPUs is that? I have a smaller enclosure than that using about 12kW of power and it only starts to get problematic when outdoor temps get above 80F. (1 exhaust fan, 1 intake fan from outside @ 1200CFM each, although I'll need to add airflow next summer).

It's also important to remember that just dumping hot air all over and mixing it with cold air is an inefficient way to keep things cool so look into how datacenters cool their computers cost effectively for some ideas.

Attachments

• cooling enclosured.png
    cooling enclosured.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 0
like this
Thanks for information everybody :).

This is the simplest guide I've found without getting too complicated. Just total up the wattage from the GPUs and add like 30% or so and think of having an equivalent space heater running constantly. By 3 x 1060 Rigs how many total GPUs is that? I have a smaller enclosure than that using about 12kW of power and it only starts to get problematic when outdoor temps get above 80F. (1 exhaust fan, 1 intake fan from outside @ 1200CFM each, although I'll need to add airflow next summer).

It's also important to remember that just dumping hot air all over and mixing it with cold air is an inefficient way to keep things cool so look into how datacenters cool their computers cost effectively for some ideas.

So it's adding extra 30%, to get more accurate.
I will look into Cooling General Terminology. Thanks for diving in question.

Back