How is my water cooling config?

I set up a dual d5 loop as a series but spread out.. but I still get ram temps and hottest points on GPU at 80c max 63c on core. What I did was my 200ml res is fed to d5#1 then directly into CPU then from CPU to 360mm 65mm #1 then from there directly into D5#2 then it proceeded into GPU water block and dumps into 360mm x.65mm #2 and then dumps into my res. So I'm kinda wondering if I should of ran both D5's Infront and tied both inlets on CPU and GPU water blocks and then dumped the two outlets into both rads and into the res.? As I thought this setup would be the same as the 2nd D5 draws the current from the 1st D5.. and is less messy on the tubbing.. Is my loop the most efficient or as effective as though I increase the head pressure X2?

Hard to say without knowing what your hardware specs are.

That said, due to the way fluid dynamics works, it doesn't really matter where you put your pumps. One after the other is the cleanest and will keep one pump from being run dry while priming the system.

Head pressure (and thus flow rates) is not the limitation. Heat transfer rates from core to liquid, and then liquid to air, are your primary limitations.

What case, gpu and block? What fans are you using on your rads and what speed do you generally use them at?

Well by dumping 1 pump into top rad into d5 number 2 doesn't wear out my head pressure? Cause.i mean the rad is essential y a res open space as I'm sure it doesn't hold any pressure or fill all the way to the top

I am not sure the suction on the d5 vs the output but I thought this would help the first d5 by drawing the water from the first pump.

Also another question is I have two thick rads both are 360mm 65mm and they seem to hold a lot of heat and I got the top pushing air out and the front pushing air in and when the system gets hot they act like furnise heaters and keeps the air hot on the inside.. I'm just wondering if I should have my rad fans pushing air out and try and get other fans to draw as much cool air into the case as possible to even things out..

It just seems life the thicker rads hold heat longer or more than the thinner rads.. just for an opinion as I don't expect the answer considering..

Also I was considering adding one more d5 to move the water faster.. I have a 250ml res and two extop acrylics and was thinking of putting a d5 res combo and putting my 240ml tube on it.. should I add another reservoir? Will that cool things off by adding more water volume?

I mean I would think what I have is a enough for just a 10700k and a single 2080ti but I think maybe the case could be the issue as it has all tempered glass on all 4 sides ty view 71

I was thinking about putting spacers on the gromits that hold the glass and give it an extra 1/2 inch of space for air.. but I'm not sure where to get the thumb screwes that have an extra 1/2" of screw on them.. but with the way things are I get roughly 65c on CPU max and 58c on GPU and 80c max on ram on the GPU. All ssds are steady 40c.. but I think 60c.on water is kinda much as I can get 60c on air..

Well I was wondering if someone with thick rads used them as exaust and fixed a heat issue..? I used the top rad as an exhaust and it fixed some of the heat but I was wondering if I did the same with my front rad if it help? Anyone had this issue?

Your case is the problem. There is little to no ability for your rads to breathe with those glass panels restricting airflow. It is an awful case for a gaming rig. Its strictly for looks.
If you want to improve your temps remove the top and front panels and retest while gaming. You will see a massive improvement in overall temps.
Your either going to have to leave the top and front glass panels off or get a different case. There's nothing wrong with your loop. You could improve temps even more by running some solid static pressure fans.

Your case is the problem. There is little to no ability for your rads to breathe with those glass panels restricting airflow. It is an awful case for a gaming rig. Its strictly for looks.
If you want to improve your temps remove the top and front panels and retest while gaming. You will see a massive improvement in overall temps.
Your either going to have to leave the top and front glass panels off or get a different case. There's nothing wrong with your loop. You could improve temps even more by running some solid static pressure fans.
that ^^^

A forum is not a chat app... don't treat it as one.
and that ^^^, for both your threads.

Back