How do I uninstall Chrome Browser from Win10?

kindasmart

[H]ard|Gawd
How do I uninstall Chrome Browser from Win10?

The top dozen+ search returns are .... go to Apps list, click uninstall. OR go to control panel, programs, click uninstall.

BUT GOOGLE CHROME IS NOT IN THE APPS LIST OR THE CONTROL PANEL PROGRAMS LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!111!

I even tried downloading a couple "uninstaller" programs and they simply pull up what's in the Apps or control panel programs list. wtf.

Am I more retarded than usual and missing the obvious? Halp meh puleeeze!!!

sounds like it didnt add registry entries correctly. you could try installing a newer version. see if it registers properly and you can uninstall it or you might be able to just delete the folder.

sounds like it didnt add registry entries correctly. you could try installing a newer version. see if it registers properly and you can uninstall it or you might be able to just delete the folder.
I tried installing again to see if that would "fix things" and allow a clean uninstall but it didn't seem to work. But maybe just wipe folder first and try again. Good idea.

It's the 9yo box from this thread so I'm planing on getting something new or refurb anyways. Just a WTF moment and I was a bit overcome with frustration.

Yeah I tried wiping the folder with Chrome and then reinstalling. Runs OK, but still no listing of the program in the app list or control panel. So again I can't do a "clean uninstall," and would have to just delete the folder(s) and go through the registry and delete all instances of Chrome.

Just weird and annoying.

I'm wondering since Chrome was installed when the computer was running Win 8.1 and had since been upgraded to Win 10 that that has something to do with my goofy issue.

I'm wondering since Chrome was installed when the computer was running Win 8.1 and had since been upgraded to Win 10 that that has something to do with my goofy issue.
possibly that. have you looked in the reg to see if any entries are there?

Back