How do I properly set up NV Surround in Windows 8.1?

Viper87227

Fully [H]
I've got three planar displays, as shown in sig. Previously I was using them with a single GTX 680. I used two over DVI, one over HDMI, all I could do with my single card. This was a few months ago when I first set this up, but it worked fine. I set up surround, and then I could use Win + P to switch between an extended desktop and a single desktop. This worked well so I could spend most of the time using three separate displays in windows, and not have any issues maximizing windows or playing games at 1080p that did not work well in surround. When I wanted a single display it was easy to switch to. But I mostly never used it, because the single card really couldn't get the framerates I wanted, so I shelved the idea until I could get a second 680. This was all done running Windows 8.

Fast forward to now. I'm on Windows 8.1, a clear install. Because I hardly ever used surround anyway, I just never set it up on my clean install. Well, for now I'm babysitting a pair of 780's, and I thought what the hell, might as well enjoy them. So I jumped back in to set up surround same as before. But it won't work this time. Set up exactly as before, surround works fine, but when use Win + P to switch back to my three display setup, it doesn't work, only one monitor ends up being detected by windows at all. To get all three working separately I have to completely shut off surround in NV control panel, which is a pain in the ass.

From what I could find on Google, Nvidia's newer drivers have supposedly been fixed so that maximizing works properly with surround activated. So, I gave it a shot, and it only half works. Some apps do maximize to just the screen they are on. Others do, but with odd results. Chrome for example, has a thick border around it. Photoshop fills just one screen, but only shows 1/3 of the program, as if it's really maximized across all three, but only showing it on one of the screens. Other stuff (like Origin) still only maximize across all three displays.

So, what gives? Did I set something up wrong, or is this just really broken in the drivers?

Back