How can I be sure to install the NVidia Studio drivers instead of the regular drivers when I install my new 3060 Ti?

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently got a EVGA 3060 Ti off their wait list. (Thanks, EVGA.) For my usage, the Studio driver is probably better, since it has tested against a lot of Adobe programs.

What I don't want is Windows to auto-detect the new card, and auto-install the regular drivers before I can stop the process.

I should mention that I don't intend to do any mining off this card.

If you're that paranoid, just disconnect from the internet when you boot back up with the new card and have the studio drivers downloaded and ready to go.

Otherwise is you still think something happened, DDU in safe mode and reboot again with the network disconnected.

If you're that paranoid, just disconnect from the internet when you boot back up with the new card and have the studio drivers downloaded and ready to go.

Otherwise is you still think something happened, DDU in safe mode and reboot again with the network disconnected.
I'm not "paranoid," just someone who likes to manage the config on my rig. And whatever someone could say in general about NVidia, +1 to them for creating these drivers.

Just want to thank everyone here for their suggestions. In particular, I was not aware that the ddu option to stop drivers from installing. (y)

Back