House network home run placement-related questions

zorobabel

Limp Gawd
I want to run network wire in a single story house built in '89; it has fire blocks unfortunately.
Monoprice cat6 cable (Product # 40669) seems to be the best deal right now, so I'm likely to use that.

I'm trying to decide where to bring all of them wires together - aka where to have my network (not rack but) wall.
The most central location is a walk in closet. Unfortunately it is flanked by 2 bathrooms; bathroom #1 has a big mirror, pipes and light fixtures with associated power cabling on the relevant side. I expect that bathroom #2 only has pipes on the relevant side. The narrow walls beside the entrance have 1 light switch each and the associated power cables. I'm obviously worried about noise and inductance. There is one wall left that is clear of these things, but unfortunately I can't run anything from the attic, as above it is one of those stupid alcoves. Power would be run from one of the light switches.
Alternatively I could have this home run in a less central location with no pipes or lights, but only power cables (to be verified) - a bedroom closet, but within 4 ft of the alarm system home run - another bunch of cables, shouldn't have too much electricity going through.
I would like to have the patch panel (or double gang wall plate with keystones, haven't decided yet) and equipment as low as possible because of heat (or fan failure) - not easy with the fire blocks.

I'm thinking of using:
patch panel: Monoprice Product # 7253
keystones: Monoprice # 15656 or Monoprice # 5384
punch tool: need reccomendations
keystone wallplate: monoprice 2 and 4 key
flex bit for the access wall plates: https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Tool-EA75054-Installer-54-Inch/dp/B00DNEEYFW?th=1 or the 72"

edit: I don't expect to run more than 8 cables for now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Make sure it is Cat 6e / 500Mhz + - to support 10Gb if you ever want to go that route.

Make sure it is Cat 6e / 500Mhz + - to support 10Gb if you ever want to go that route.
For my runs (35m max) cat6 should support 10Gb. That being said, I'm not seeing a flood of 10Gb capable consumer devices after all these years.

6e is cable 100% marketing speak that can imply a few things, usually 550+MHz. It is not a standard and no equipment manufacturer will consider it anything other than CAT6. Also, basic CAT 6 is rated at 500MHz. That said the OP's listed cable claims to be rated at 550MHz and without using a gimmicky label.

Well, placed my order with Monoprice. Anyone with a comment regarding location and signal noise?

In general power should not be a big deal in residential. What you want to avoid is having you data cables run parallel with power lines but again in residential this is likely not going to be a problem. If you can avoid running your cables over transformers/ fluorescent light ballast you'll likely be okay. Generally where electrical noise becomes an issue is a commercial environment with cable trays and a lot of cables and high voltage.

Also to be clear 4 feet is not close and not even a concern ... 4 inches is meh ... 4mm is close :)

6e is cable 100% marketing speak that can imply a few things, usually 550+MHz. It is not a standard and no equipment manufacturer will consider it anything other than CAT6. Also, basic CAT 6 is rated at 500MHz. That said the OP's listed cable claims to be rated at 550MHz and without using a gimmicky label.
Sorry ya, your right, I was thinkin Cat 6a

Back