HOT: Barebones Ryzen 9 6900HX Mini - $484

I tried to pay half price and get something decent but the Beelink Ser5 Pro is not the answer for me. I probably going to pick up that 7735HS from minisforum when it releases.

Maybe I'm just naive but I don't think that I should have to root through a forum for megaupload links just to fix my computer.

Question if anyone knows. Can you get ESX on this box? I have had trouble in the past with the AMD Mini PCs and the network driver. Anyone know what chip it uses for NIC?

Question if anyone knows. Can you get ESX on this box? I have had trouble in the past with the AMD Mini PCs and the network driver. Anyone know what chip it uses for NIC?
Driver download page lists Intel i-225v for the UM690.

While I didn't get in on UM690, I did snag the UM 773 for $400.

Hoping it'll serve well enough.

My take on these little boxes is that they are essentially abandonware once they leave China. So you're hoping that they did a good job when it came out of the factory. It doesn't matter if you buy from minisforum, Bee-link, or any other random brand. Minisforum seems to do a better job of at least linking their models to an actual support page where you can download the correct files (including Windows 11 images). I guess there's a reason why they are a lot cheaper than the Intel NUC.

My Bee-link Ser5 Pro 5600H seems to have a bios issue where the CPU doesn't downclock ever unless I have the task manager open. I already have the latest bios for my machine, and I doubt I'll see another one available ever...

I love it. It's small, and I'm very surprised at the performance. I have a 5700g, but this puts it to shame. Should have way done this over the Steam deck. It kicks its ass in many ways.

Did the barebone, running a Samsung 980 pro 2 TB and a Crucial SSD in 4 TB flavor with 32 gig of ddr5 4800. They sent me two packages of RAM actually because they were stuck together. (Yay!) Got my Excel, Steam, and the rest of my work junk on it. Had some issues with the network controller and the Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth not immediately being recognized, but with the drivers from Minisforum, it's good now.
Path of Exile at 1080 60+ fps. Even did D4 without issue. Very pleased and ready for travel again.

I love it. It's small, and I'm very surprised at the performance. I have a 5700g, but this puts it to shame. Should have way done this over the Steam deck. It kicks its ass in many ways.

Did the barebone, running a Samsung 980 pro 2 TB and a Crucial SSD in 4 TB flavor with 32 gig of ddr5 4800. They sent me two packages of RAM actually because they were stuck together. (Yay!) Got my Excel, Steam, and the rest of my work junk on it. Had some issues with the network controller and the Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth not immediately being recognized, but with the drivers from Minisforum, it's good now.
Path of Exile at 1080 60+ fps. Even did D4 without issue. Very pleased and ready for travel again.

I replace the WiFi card in basically every device I have with one of these. 100% plug and play support in every OS under the sun and regular automatic driver updates with Windows Update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230328_093801_Amazon Shopping.png
    Screenshot_20230328_093801_Amazon Shopping.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 0
edit: actually it's an ok deal. you can save $20 or so bucks by ordering directly from Minisforum

Last edited:
that is a good deal

It's even cheaper if you forgo the 1TB SSD and go with 512GB version. You only get $110 off, but you get a somewhat lower starting price. You can always add one later of better quality. $579 vs $619. I don't know what the shipping drive is, but Bee-link shipped a DRAM-less Kingston in my mini PC.

The wait from minisforum really wasn't that long. Eight days, no shipping cost, $409 barebone out the door. I think I waited longer for the Samsung 980 2 TB drive.

Back