Horizon Zero Dawn

polonyc2

Fully [H]
action/role playing game developed by Guerrilla Games set for release on February 28, 2017...a new gameplay trailer was released yesterday and it looks really amazing...graphics, setting and gameplay all look pretty impressive...really looking forward to this...

I am super excited about this. Finally something that looks truly unique, and I am hoping Guerrilla Games can reinvigorate their lineup because the last 2 Killzones were quite bad. I am glad they are going with a new concept here and I am really curious what the story is and how and why the mechanical monsters are there.

I am super excited about this. Finally something that looks truly unique, and I am hoping Guerrilla Games can reinvigorate their lineup because the last 2 Killzones were quite bad. I am glad they are going with a new concept here and I am really curious what the story is and how and why the mechanical monsters are there.
The vibe I get is that this is far into the future after civilization as we know it is long history, and that the mechanized animals are a relic of that time.

Or could just be
Aliens-meme.jpg

Yea, kind of too bad this got pushed back to 2017. They were insisting all rumors of delay were false and it was definitely a 2016 release, so I was not stunned by the news, but a little disappointed. I am thinking the up coming PS4K has something to do with it, and that Horizon is being tweaked to showcase the more powerful console.

I'm not surprised it was delayed. Sony has GT Sport coming this Fall/Winter and maybe one more. Best to release a new IP at the beginning of the year. If I were Sony I would only release AAA first party titles in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters of the calendar year. Holidays (this year especially) are overly crowded with AAA titles. Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to get rolled again.

Out of everything at E3 so far this year, I think this game looks the most interesting. And I don't even own a PS4.

To be honest I was a little disappointed with the gameplay shown. It looks like a 3rd-person Far Cry. I still eagerly await for more gameplay reveals.

Looks good, but not mind-blowing.
Let me guess, they're going to target 1080p, but only 30 frames per second with "occasional" drops into the low 20's?

the E3 footage looked pretty good to me...I liked the way that the girl was able to ride one of those mechs...I wonder if all the creatures will be rideable...graphics were nice overall but the character models and hair simulation needs work...I've been spoiled with much more realistc hair in games recently...here's the E3 2016 Gameplay Video...

Looks good, but not mind-blowing.
Let me guess, they're going to target 1080p, but only 30 frames per second with "occasional" drops into the low 20's?
Looked to me like the demo was running higher than 30, but not a solid 60. The final game may run at a solid 30 because of that, but it is still much too early to know for sure. The PS4 has had games with unlocked framerates in the past.

Looked to me like the demo was running higher than 30, but not a solid 60. The final game may run at a solid 30 because of that, but it is still much too early to know for sure. The PS4 has had games with unlocked framerates in the past.

It's always hard to tell with YouTube videos because it interpolates them for the HD/p resolutions and the lower resolutions are capped.
I think I'd probably rather have a locked framerate unless it errs on the side of higher than lower. For instance, I'd rather have a game that was usually in the 40's stay variable. However if it's up and down a lot, gimme 30. Neither is ideal, though. As always, I'd rather have them dial the stills back to maintain 60. At the very least, get rid of motion blur so TV interpolation works.

I just think the world and theme are awesome...sort of primitive yet also highly technological. I want to know more about that world.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Gameplay Trailer (PS4 Pro 4K)

Actually looks pretty impressive. My only concern is that video is showing just the player character and a single large dinosaur with low detail. At least on the dinosaur, you can tell that a lot of the vertices were culled and the textures are not very detailed. In short: I wonder what kinds of framerates it will manage in full gameplay.

Since there is no strike-through option; GT Sport has been delayed to next year too.

Just FYI - If you click the "+" near the emotes/image buttons on the Edit screen, there is a strike-through option.

Like this.

Looks great. Any word on the game's framerate? As always, YouTube makes it whatever you select.

This is definitely on my list of games I need this year. Not sure I'll buy it right away, but definitely in the next few months.

I really hope it's good but I've had my doubts since it was announced. I just can't shake this feeling of something being off about the game. I can't place what it could be, but it' made me really leery about getting too excited. I hope I'm wrong, I want the game to be as good as it looks.

I really hope it's good but I've had my doubts since it was announced. I just can't shake this feeling of something being off about the game. I can't place what it could be, but it' made me really leery about getting too excited. I hope I'm wrong, I want the game to be as good as it looks.

did you read the Ars review?

Back