Horizon Forbidden West

There is mention of a Horizon Online Game. Might be one of Sony's big pushes into "live service" games. Not interested in that. Will of course wait for Forbidden West which I assume will come summer 2023.

Looks like a Death Stranding 2 ("Ocean") is in the works. Not too sure if that game needs a sequel, I enjoyed it for what it was but cannot really see it working out well a second time.

There is mention of a Horizon Online Game. Might be one of Sony's big pushes into "live service" games. Not interested in that. Will of course wait for Forbidden West which I assume will come summer 2023.

Looks like a Death Stranding 2 ("Ocean") is in the works. Not too sure if that game needs a sequel, I enjoyed it for what it was but cannot really see it working out well a second time.

I hate that it will likely be live-service because the idea of a MP game in the Horizon universe does sound like something with a lot of potential.

rumors are that Horizon Forbidden West will be the next Sony game releasing on PC...and it's coming very soon, possibly in October/November...I loved Zero Dawn and am really looking forward to playing the sequel

I was hoping for Demon's Souls to be the next Sony PC port but Forbidden West, Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima were close behind

I was hoping for GoW2, Demon's Souls, or Ghost of Tsushima myself. I really liked Zero Dawn but I'm not all that interested in FW since it looks almost identical to the previous iteration. It will probably be a $20 sale buy for me.

rumors are that Horizon Forbidden West will be the next Sony game releasing on PC...and it's coming very soon, possibly in October/November...I loved Zero Dawn and am really looking forward to playing the sequel

I was hoping for Demon's Souls to be the next Sony PC port but Forbidden West, Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima were close behind

I will hands down buy HFW first day it arrives on PC.

Doubt it will come out with a longer advertising period, but who knows.

Doubt it will come out with a longer advertising period, but who knows.

the leaks say it's coming out within a month which sounds a bit too fast...I'm sure it'll be announced at the Sony State of Play event this month

I hope so, I loved the first game and would like to experience the sequel on PC since I don't own a PS5. I know there's a PS4 version but...meh.

Definitely buying it again on PC. I want it to run at a reasonable speed w/ raytracing. I couldn't stand playing it on PS5 in quality mode because 30FPS is just not fun combat no matter how nice it looked.

So, I’m not a Sony guy… but it would appear that if Forbidden West is actually coming in a month… seems unlikely, tbh… then the announcement will really have to be today during this Sony thing?

So, Forbidden West coming to the pc within a month seems pretty unreal. Maybe next year though.

It had a lot of issues at launch.

it was playable at launch but definitely had CPU issues...took around 6-8 months to fix...luckily I only played the game on PC after it was all patched

people also seem to think that Nixxes handled the port which in incorrect...the port was handled by Guerrilla Games and Virtuos with Nixxes assisting Guerrilla Games with patch 1.11 and onwards (so the game fixed it's core PC issues only after Nixxes came onboard)

So that rumour above is certainly false - which is too bad because I would have loved to have played this game this Fall.

Next summer maybe?

So that rumour above is certainly false - which is too bad because I would have loved to have played this game this Fall.

Next summer maybe?
It really did seem to good to be true...and just came completely out of nowhere. Just wishful thinking for someone...
There is most likely going to be some hype for the PC announcement.

Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition is coming to PC early 2024

it's now official...Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition is coming to PlayStation 5 on October 6th...PC gamers: you won’t have to wait long...in partnership with Nixxes Software, Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition is coming to Steam and Epic Games in early 2024...You can wishlist this now...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHIzdqdy3s

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420110/Horizon_Forbidden_West_Complete_Edition/

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...est-complete-edition-is-coming-to-ps5-and-pc/

1695819675024.png

so no Sony PC ports until Forbidden West in early 2024?...or is there a surprise reveal coming for 2023- Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls?...maybe all the recent buggy ports on PC (Last of Us, Returnal etc) has gotten Sony to slow down their release cycle and focus more on optimization

Early 2024 is good enough for me. I loved every second of Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC. It was also the title that opened my eyes to Sony games. All those Sony games that came out afterwards were mind blowing, the two highlights for me being Days Gone and The Last of Us.

I hope that ‘early’ means late January or February though. It would be great to have this game when the weather sucks.

Also, if you happen to like the old strategy guides, Future Press actually published a hardcover edition.

These are becoming extinct, which is a shame. I’m now seeing an entire generation of young people who have never bought a book. Just very sad, I reckon.

Anyway, you might want to consider this. You can leave the book on your coffee table while you’re playing the game.

https://www.amazon.com/Horizon-Forb...fix=horizon+forbidden+wedt+str,aps,147&sr=8-1

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
so no Sony PC ports until Forbidden West in early 2024?...or is there a surprise reveal coming for 2023- Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls?...maybe all the recent buggy ports on PC (Last of Us, Returnal etc) has gotten Sony to slow down their release cycle and focus more on optimization
Ratchet & Clank just came out at the end of July.

So that rumour above is certainly false - which is too bad because I would have loved to have played this game this Fall

the Complete Edition is coming to PS5 on October 6th, so I'm guessing the leaker figured it would be coming to PC on that date as well...either way early 2024 is not that long of a wait...I'm guessing February 2024...it'll give me time to replay Zero Dawn
Ratchet & Clank just came out at the end of July.

yes but nothing else has been announced for the rest of the year and into early 2024 (August- February)...that seems like a long gap...I'm guessing another Sony port will drop in November (Ghost of Tsushima or Demon's Souls)

Still waiting on Ghost of Tsushima, but will double dip on this game just like the first one.

I expected it early next year but it would have been nice if it was November/December. Maybe it will be more polished at release.

I expected it early next year but it would have been nice if it was November/December. Maybe it will be more polished at release.
I am actually happy to wait....gives me more time to finally upgrade to a decent gaming machine :cool:

Early 2024 is good enough for me. I loved every second of Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC. It was also the title that opened my eyes to Sony games. All those Sony games that came out afterwards were mind blowing, the two highlights for me being Days Gone and The Last of Us.
Same here, I have become a massive fanboy of ported Sony console exclusives!

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
still no release date but good to get confirmation that Nixxes is working on the port!...my prediction was always February 2024

Back