Horizon Forbidden West

I don't care about the copy/pasting of articles and videos, it was only to emphasize when you're not doing that, it's usually to post about if/when it's coming to PC and not actually discussing the content of the game as the rest of us are. You're not quite as bad in this thread, but I've seen you post the same thing in all the other PS exclusive game threads multiple times

point out which console gaming specific threads I posted a lot of PC comments in...Demon's Souls I mentioned it 2-3 times in the entire thread...Forbidden West looks like twice...again you're exaggerating or get so triggered by any mention of a PC release that you're not seeing things clearly...and again I usually post those comments after the main game discussion has died out and not in the middle of the main release window

it's now March 2023...Forbidden West came out in February 2022...the Demon's Souls remake came out years ago and all discussion is dead in that thread...no one's discussing the content of the game anymore...so no I don't see the big deal about a simple post asking about a PC release being this huge deal

people (including you) also discuss the console release in the PC thread for God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted etc

gorgeous looking game!

Pushing the envelope: Achieving next-level clouds in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

For the sequel, Andrew and Nathan upgraded the rendering quality of the base system used in Zero Dawn, expanding it to support a new fog-like cloud that the player could fly through at low altitudes...this allowed for awe-inspiring atmospherics, like a superstorm with sinister vortex motion and internal lightning effects...now, the clouds were a character of their own, rumbling with atmospheric tension

Naturally, the next step was to continue innovating this system for Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores...for the expansion, the team has elevated the experience using voxel technology, among many other technical improvements throughout the world...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...uds-in-horizon-forbidden-west-burning-shores/

gorgeous looking game!

Pushing the envelope: Achieving next-level clouds in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

For the sequel, Andrew and Nathan upgraded the rendering quality of the base system used in Zero Dawn, expanding it to support a new fog-like cloud that the player could fly through at low altitudes...this allowed for awe-inspiring atmospherics, like a superstorm with sinister vortex motion and internal lightning effects...now, the clouds were a character of their own, rumbling with atmospheric tension

Naturally, the next step was to continue innovating this system for Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores...for the expansion, the team has elevated the experience using voxel technology, among many other technical improvements throughout the world...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...uds-in-horizon-forbidden-west-burning-shores/
Hope we can fly faster in the expansion since it's ps5 only.

I'm looking forward to jumping back in. I was a little surprised at the lack of fanfare for this. I'm glad to see some now.

I am wondering in the wake of Lance Reddick's death how the character of Sylens will be handled.

I'm looking forward to jumping back in. I was a little surprised at the lack of fanfare for this. I'm glad to see some now.

I am wondering in the wake of Lance Reddick's death how the character of Sylens will be handled.

I agree that there's been very little marketing or hype from Sony for this...at least not to the extent of God of War: Ragnarok or the base Forbidden West game...maybe they're saving their marketing budget for Spider-Man 2 in September :D

as far as Lance Reddick, he died after the game was finished so it won't be a part of the game until Horizon 3

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I totally forgot about the DLC. I already preordered it a while back so I'll be waiting for it to unlock on Wednesday :).

like this
I agree that there's been very little marketing or hype from Sony for this...at least not to the extent of God of War: Ragnarok or the base Forbidden West game...maybe they're saving their marketing budget for Spider-Man 2 in September :D

as far as Lance Reddick, he died after the game was finished so it won't be a part of the game until Horizon 3
If pre-orders are through the roof, why market?

I'm just speculating, i have no idea, sony does some weird stuff sometimes. Boss battle looks epic, and for 19.99, i'm in.

It unlocked last night at midnight for me. I played it a short amount. It looks good so far. Spoiler : Sylens is the one that gives you the quest. He is just feels so integral to the story I figure they are going to have to kill the character in the gap somehow between the end of this game and the next or just change of the actor and ignore the change issue.

Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores Review

Horizon Forbidden West’s Burning Shores DLC is a worthwhile addition to this acclaimed action-heavy sci-fi series...fun new challenges and enemies are introduced and cool new ways to dispatch them are presented with regularity...the story is more concerned with developing character than it is working towards dealing with the imminent world-ending threat, and it’s Aloy at her most personal and believable yet...a couple of poor boss battles aside, it’s a great new chapter with enough creative new bells and whistles to keep fans more than happy

Grade: 8/10

I wish this game was better. I loved the first game. I started FW over 2x and lose interest. I thought the first game was a masterpiece. The second one feels like a tomb raider game now ... Plus all the weapon shit they added sucks IMO

I wish this game was better. I loved the first game. I started FW over 2x and lose interest. I thought the first game was a masterpiece. The second one feels like a tomb raider game now ... Plus all the weapon shit they added sucks IMO
You've got a point about the weapon stuff. It has been a while since I played the game (I'm going to play the DLC), but I can't remember regularly using any of those special weapon abilities.

The weapon crap I agree but I think it was a great game otherwise.

reviews for the Burning Shores DLC are mostly in the 8/10 range...sounds like the Frozen Wilds expansion from the first game is the better overall DLC...overall Forbidden West sounds like a very good game but not as good as Zero Dawn

Finished it today. It's a good DLC but the first game's DLC was definitely better IMO but I still enjoyed it. There is still a lot I didn't do in both the main and DLC but I doubt I'll end up doing it. I don't usually try to do 100% on any game.

Dam I am going to miss Lance as Sylens. Sylens is suppose to be working out how to combat Nemesis for the third game using old world tech and if anyone could do it it would be him story wise. They kind of have an out for the character thanks to the ending of the DLC with Aloy's comment to Sylens that he'll end up being alone in the end because of his attitude of wanting to be the smartest person in the room, and his "he will need help for the fight ahead" comment. So they can make another character as Sylen's apprentice/helper and they can somehow have him be Aloy's contact at the start because Sylens is too busy and then just have him killed of by a weapons experiment accident/malfunction when poking around with old world weapons factories.

like this
The weapon crap I agree but I think it was a great game otherwise.

Agreed. The second game is more of everything to a fault.

Finished it today. It's a good DLC but the first game's DLC was definitely better IMO but I still enjoyed it. There is still a lot I didn't do in both the main and DLC but I doubt I'll end up doing it. I don't usually try to do 100% on any game.

Dam I am going to miss Lance as Sylens. Sylens is suppose to be working out how to combat Nemesis for the third game using old world tech and if anyone could do it it would be him story wise. They kind of have an out for the character thanks to the ending of the DLC with Aloy's comment to Sylens that he'll end up being alone in the end because of his attitude of wanting to be the smartest person in the room, and his "he will need help for the fight ahead" comment. So they can make another character as Sylen's apprentice/helper and they can somehow have him be Aloy's contact at the start because Sylens is too busy and then just have him killed of by a weapons experiment accident/malfunction when poking around with old world weapons factories.

Coin toss on DLCs vs each other I guess.

Your spoiler... It will be a big hurdle to cross for the next and presumably final game in this series. I have been very happy with ALL character progression and arcs so that's the non spoiler way for me addressing it.

The final boss fight in this was straight out of old-school God of War. Wow. Intense and (for me) tough. Arguably over iterated but impressive.

Overall these are some of my favorite games. Great series.

Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores PS5 - DF Tech Review- A Visual Masterclass

Am I losing a lot by not playing the DLC? Wondering if I should open another region account and buy the game + DLC. Will I be able to import my save game to new account?

Am I losing a lot by not playing the DLC? Wondering if I should open another region account and buy the game + DLC. Will I be able to import my save game to new account?
Curious why you have accounts in different regions? I've continued to use my US account in Europe with no issues or VPN needed.

Because I am a nub and my original account is in UAE. I never made another region account. Now I need to because of the ban. Previously, if it was a banned game I could just get the disc and enjoy it. Now with DLC crap, I am contemplating a second account to avoid this kind of crap in the future.

Anyways every media will try to force fit gays lesbians trannies in the future so I need to be able to play stuff that gets banned in this country especially if I am invested in the franchise etc.

I hear the final boss fight in the Burning Shores expansion is totally epic and a visual feast for the PS5...

Burning Shores is next in my queue. Just went back to Ragnarok because I wasn't able to beat it before Dead Space Remake came out and that lasted me until RE4 Remake. Now that I've beat RE4a couple times (plan on Platinuming later), I'm back to Ragnarok. After Burning Shores I'll play the new Zelda and prolly be done buying games for the rest of the year, lol.

like this
Back