Home Network overhaul 10gig SFP+/multigig/wifi/router

I have a MikroTik router and switch and like them, but I'm not a fan of their wireless offerings. Still no AX yet. I also don't need fancy Wireless setup. My neighbors are old and don't have nice kit so no 5GHz interference worth worrying about. MikroTik might as well skip WiFi 6 and go straight to 6E with 6GHz support at this point. Also my wireless needs are modest. Just a phone, some gizmos, and a laptop I barely use. The only sort of fancy thing I want from WiFi is multiple SSIDs mapped to VLANs, and that's a standard feature on business class. So I just got a couple of cheap TP-Link EAP610s and set the Omada controller up on my Linux box. I'd have considered an all TP-Link setup if their ethernet routers didn't suck. They have some nice consumer ones as far as consumer routers go, but they lack features and the small business models only have 1Gb ethernet. In the router department TP-Link is kind of a joke compared to MikroTik, but MikroTik is behind on WiFi. So I ended up using both, along with a little Netgear.

Back