Holy moly I actually bought a 3060 ti today!

biggles

2[H]4U
Received an email from EVGA about this. Had previously got onto a wait list for a 3070. It took me a few minutes to decide if the 3070 to 3060 ti downgrade was okay. But recently I switched from 1440p 144hz to 2560x1080 100hz display and decided the 3060 ti should handle the new monitor just fine. Anyway, I am shocked to have actually been able to buy a graphics card after all this time waiting!

I will post impressions if people are interested once it arrives. The other thing is that I do not play the super new and demanding games. Probably the most demanding game in my library is Control, other games are older like Witcher 3, Dirt 4, For Honor. Maybe I can finally play Arkham Knight with the Nvidia Gameworks on, heh heh.

Received an email from EVGA about this. Had previously got onto a wait list for a 3070. It took me a few minutes to decide if the 3070 to 3060 ti downgrade was okay. But recently I switched from 1440p 144hz to 2560x1080 100hz display and decided the 3060 ti should handle the new monitor just fine. Anyway, I am shocked to have actually been able to buy a graphics card after all this time waiting!

I will post impressions if people are interested once it arrives. The other thing is that I do not play the super new and demanding games. Probably the most demanding game in my library is Control, other games are older like Witcher 3, Dirt 4, For Honor. Maybe I can finally play Arkham Knight with the Nvidia Gameworks on, heh heh.
Congrats and more. Are you still eligible for a 3070?

Did the website indicate a shipping method or expected delivery date? (Are you located in the US?)

Do you remember your signup date?

Searching through old emails it looks like I actually got on the wait list for 3060 ti rather than 3070. December 2020. Located in US, delivery expected later this week.

Congrats! Welcome to the most randomly difficult club to get into in recent memory. (The got a current gen vid card without getting ripped off too badly club... I'm assuming EVGA didn't hurt you too much)

I think you made the right choice going ahead and pulling the trigger. There's not a huge difference between the 3060Ti and 3070, and now you can forget about the vid card shortage for a bit. A 3060Ti will run the type of games you listed very nicely at 2560x1080. I tend to mostly play single player RPGs, strategy games, occasionally "action adventure" games and once in a while a "blow shit up" shooter like Serious Sam, and so far I haven't run into one my 3060Ti couldn't max out at 1440p and stay over 60fps. The one little caveat is RTX stuff tends to result in turning DLSS on. Quality for DLSS 2 in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, just on for DLSS 1 in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Just in case you haven't heard, the Witcher 3 is supposed to be getting a raytracing and general graphics update this year. It's the same basic deal as Metro EEE. They're updating it for the PS5 and XBox X/S and owners of the PC version are supposed to get a free upgrade. So if you're thinking about playing through Witcher 3 (again?) you might want to hold off. I don't know if it's going to be an update or a separate package like Metro was or if the update will be compatible with old saved games.

Congrats! Welcome to the most randomly difficult club to get into in recent memory. (The got a current gen vid card without getting ripped off too badly club... I'm assuming EVGA didn't hurt you too much)

I think you made the right choice going ahead and pulling the trigger. There's not a huge difference between the 3060Ti and 3070, and now you can forget about the vid card shortage for a bit. A 3060Ti will run the type of games you listed very nicely at 2560x1080. I tend to mostly play single player RPGs, strategy games, occasionally "action adventure" games and once in a while a "blow shit up" shooter like Serious Sam, and so far I haven't run into one my 3060Ti couldn't max out at 1440p and stay over 60fps. The one little caveat is RTX stuff tends to result in turning DLSS on. Quality for DLSS 2 in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, just on for DLSS 1 in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Just in case you haven't heard, the Witcher 3 is supposed to be getting a raytracing and general graphics update this year. It's the same basic deal as Metro EEE. They're updating it for the PS5 and XBox X/S and owners of the PC version are supposed to get a free upgrade. So if you're thinking about playing through Witcher 3 (again?) you might want to hold off. I don't know if it's going to be an update or a separate package like Metro was or if the update will be compatible with old saved games.

Even with the price increases, evga is still the cheapest besides fe cards.

Congrats, I've been waiting for 7+ months for EVGA to send me an e-mail, Ive pretty much written it off.
lol 1 year and 1 month for a 3080 lol. I know I will never get it before the next 4000 series launch

Searching through old emails it looks like I actually got on the wait list for 3060 ti rather than 3070. December 2020. Located in US, delivery expected later this week.
Is that a 3663 or 3667? I've a 3663 in queue in Dec 22. Not sure if I'll get this by Xmas.

Congrats, I've been waiting for 7+ months for EVGA to send me an e-mail, Ive pretty much written it off.
same 3060 lvl cards would be nice but i signed up for everything only emaili got was hey you want ot stay in que for nonexistent non LHR cards or would you keep the same que and switch to LHR versions. not a peep since this system been in place except that email.

Is that a 3663 or 3667? I've a 3663 in queue in Dec 22. Not sure if I'll get this by Xmas.
3663. First impressions are that the fan curve is set a bit too aggressive. Temps max out around 70C during games but fan a bit loud. Will try tweaking it to hit 80C and see what happens. Easy install, no software or driver issues to report.

Back