High end silverstone 2021 cases?

badpixel I needed to refound it - seller (scalper) sended me 6800 (non XT) instead XT version, and i ordered 6800XT Red Devil - it got 32cm lenght and weight 1,6kg.it gonna be just perfect for F1. I really cant wait right now :) . My brothers visited me last wekend, one of them (non tech guy) was thinking that my PC is breaking up beacuse of led (he connected plastic shoots - from slighly temperature changes - with LED lighting changes), second brother told me "is it same case you bought for 1500zł (Cosmos C700P Black Edition)?". I didnt tought plastic case can shoot THAT much (even every 20 seconds). I really hope we could see more alluminium cases on the market.

badpixel I needed to refound it - seller (scalper) sended me 6800 (non XT) instead XT version, and i ordered 6800XT Red Devil - it got 32cm lenght and weight 1,6kg.it gonna be just perfect for F1. I really cant wait right now :) . My brothers visited me last wekend, one of them (non tech guy) was thinking that my PC is breaking up beacuse of led (he connected plastic shoots - from slighly temperature changes - with LED lighting changes), second brother told me "is it same case you bought for 1500zł (Cosmos C700P Black Edition)?". I didnt tought plastic case can shoot THAT much (even every 20 seconds). I really hope we could see more alluminium cases on the market.
Ouch, so you've already imported Alta to Poland? What's total and individual prices for shipping/import fees, etc?

No, i still dont have Alta F1, i cant wait for it to be available in Poland to buy or anywhere to buy with free shipping to Poland. I have custom air cooled Radeon 6800 Xt red devil now (with 2 x Noctua fans on it (120mm), its short, but very fat. I hope new case gonna handle it.

Attention. Beware of new Radeon 6000 series - those cards are not designed to work in 90 degree layout, thus overheating in junction temperature is serious problem. Search over internet to see more details, its easy to find. Radeon 5700 also seem to have that issue.

Attention. Beware of new Radeon 6000 series - those cards are not designed to work in 90 degree layout, thus overheating in junction temperature is serious problem. Search over internet to see more details, its easy to find. Radeon 5700 also seem to have that issue.
Are you talking about heatpipe orientation issues? Because that has nothing to do with those GPUs in particular. There's no other piece of hardware onboard any GPU that requires consideration of its physical orientation.

Ok well yeah, that's what I was talking about. All of those problems are directly related to the orientation of the cooler and have nothing to do with the GPU itself, so it shouldn't be generalized that "those (6000 serie) cards are not designed to work in 90 degree layout", because the exact same thing can and will happen with Nv cards if they use identical cooler designs. The problem can be circumvented by not getting a model that has all of its heatpipes pointing downards (and thus fighting gravity) when installed in a vertical 90 degree layout.

Well maybe i generalized and problem may appear in more GPU's , but from what i've found only in RX 6000 and 5700 problem have occured and is largely described, havent heard anything about that before.

So heatpipes....What model of RX 6800 XT seems to be ok?

Why my GTX 1080Ti was working properly, if it also have heatpipes pointing down? Actually most of cards have heatpipespipes pointed down.

EDIT: I watched on YT both of my cards, and they have EXACLY same heatpipe layout. Still dont get it why on GTX it was working fine and on RX 6800XT its not working.

Last edited:
Zrzut ekranu 2021-04-06 215633.png

Zrzut ekranu 2021-04-06 215611.png

Well maybe i generalized and problem may appear in more GPU's , but from what i've found only in RX 6000 and 5700 problem have occured and is largely described, havent heard anything about that before.

So heatpipes....What model of RX 6800 XT seems to be ok?

Why my GTX 1080Ti was working properly, if it also have heatpipes pointing down? Actually most of cards have heatpipespipes pointed down.

EDIT: I watched on YT both of my cards, and they have EXACLY same heatpipe layout. Still dont get it why on GTX it was working fine and on RX 6800XT its not working.
1. GFX Card should have blow type cooler (impossible to find new radeons :(
2. Card cannot be too long (becomes harder and harder)
3. because of gravity, heatpipes shuldn't go below GPU chip (or other cooled compnents)
4. It should be heatpipe with powder, not liquid/water, especially if it breaks #3 rule. (It looks that they started to use heatpipes with water...because last few generation of gfx card[early for over decade] generally worked in rotated cases)

While we know that stock 6800/6900 are too long and there's no blower style cards, we can easily research how heatpipes are bends(because posted pics of disassembled cards), it's very hard to find if it's liquid or powder based pipes....

So its 50/50 if we find with powder or not... With current availability lots of people take what there is in shops/scalpers, its almost impossible to find proper one. Sad thing is, manufacturers of those card doesnt provide any information about orientation compatibility and it looks like they wont give any info in future. :( I have to change case anyway beacuse current is too big and too plastic (also too heavy) and it simply lost its potential. RTX cards are too expensive to buy (i can get good car for 3080 price) and it wont be cheaper anytime soon. What i have left, buy waterblock for it? Make it more expensive than it currently is?

Last edited:
So its 50/50 if we find with powder or not... With current availability lots of people take what there is in shops/scalpers, its almost impossible to find proper one. Sad thing is, manufacturers of those card doesnt provide any information about orientation compatibility and it looks like they wont give any info in future. :( I have to change case anyway beacuse current is too big and too plastic (also too heavy) and it simply lost its potential. RTC cards are too expensive to buy (i can get good car for 3080 price) and it wont be cheaper anytime soon. What i have left, buy waterblock for it? Make it more expensive than it currently is?
You can donate 6800 to me ;-)
There is also Raijintek Morpheus and maybe blower style cooler from broken Vega would fit (I don't have any info on it).
Waterblock sound stupid in rotated case.

BTW, what case do you currently have? You wrote about plastic crap and rotated at the same time and all rotated cases I've heard about are Silverstone and InWin.

You probably understand now why Alta is delayed and no new fortress case for now. (because of potenital returns). On the other side it would wonderful, because of cheap Alta in mint condition, used once(after putting gfx card in it and testing ;-)

I have Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition. I have made it the same way as alta f1 orientation, but all-in-plastic exterior frames, and mesh skeletons make this case shoot as crazy. Right now i inverted it into standard orientation, but it look very silly.

Hrm, my reference 6900XT ran just fine with the air cooler in my FT02. Stayed nice and cool, and still not very hot during games (65-75C range).

Hrm, my reference 6900XT ran just fine with the air cooler in my FT02. Stayed nice and cool, and still not very hot during games (65-75C range).
Are you sure it's reference? I'm asking becaue some people wrote that reference 6800XT doesn't fit into FT02, and that there are only two non-reference that does.
Could you post some photos? (especially when mounted inside Ft02 and some measurements? I believe both 6800XT and 6900XT are identical cards, except BIOS and cut traces.)

Last edited:
Are you sure it's reference? I'm asking becaue some people wrote that reference 6800XT doesn't fit into FT02, and that there are only two non-reference that does.
Could you post some photos? (especially when mounted inside Ft02 and some measurements? I believe both 6800XT and 6900XT are identical cards, except BIOS and cut traces.)

Absolutely sure. See for yourself:

Index said:
-0:00 Intro
-0:14 Unboxing
-0:56 Waterblock overview
-2:40 Stock 6900 XT overview
-4:17 Removing stock 6900 XT cooler
-6:32 Inspecting stock cooler and card PCB
-7:38 Prepping the card for waterblock install
-8:02 Installing the XG7 waterblock onto the GPU
-10:31 Installing plugs/fittings
-12:18 Card in the system

I think he was under the assumption that you were talking about an air cooled card
Well I ran it air cooled before I got the WB (hence the air cooled temps I mentioned before). The card is the same length with or without the WB.

Well I ran it air cooled before I got the WB (hence the air cooled temps I mentioned before). The card is the same length with or without the WB.
Do you have any pictures?
Could you send me full model info for this card?

It's very hard to believe that you could mount stick 6800XT in stock FT02, because even Radeon VII or Vega 64 is what barely fit's there.
Even after taking anything under Air Penetrators (filter, mounts) I haven't found 6800 that would fit there, but I've heard it's possible without them (another problem is that most of 6800XT works poorly in rotated position. Shame you haven't tested stock cooler)
I see white Penetrators, but not what's under them.

Anyway I don't see point of taking rotated case, that's king of air cooling, because of that, and then watercool both GPU and CPU...
...but I know FT02 is unique, nice and sexy, so I guess it's the only reason ;-)

Last edited:
Do you have any pictures?
Could you send me full model info for this card?

It's very hard to believe that you could mount stick 6800XT in stock FT02, because even Radeon VII or Vega 64 is what barely fit's there.
Even after taking anything under Air Penetrators (filter, mounts) I haven't found 6800 that would fit there, but I've heard it's possible without them (another problem is that most of 6800XT works poorly in rotated position. Shame you haven't tested stock cooler)
I see white Penetrators, but not what's under them.

Anyway I don't see point of taking rotated case, that's king of air cooling, because of that, and then watercool both GPU and CPU...
...but I know FT02 is unique, nice and sexy, so I guess it's the only reason ;-)
If you go watch the video I posted (go to 12:18) you'll see the GPU in my case with waterblock. The waterblock isn't any longer than the PCB or stock cooler. I have a 3x180mm radiator w/ AP182 on the bottom, which is actually taller than the fans with stock fan mounts.

Most NON-REFERENCE cards are longer than 12"/300mm and won't fit, but the reference designs fit just fine. I've stated this a few times now...

If you go watch the video I posted (go to 12:18) you'll see the GPU in my case with waterblock. The waterblock isn't any longer than the PCB or stock cooler. I have a 3x180mm radiator w/ AP182 on the bottom, which is actually taller than the fans with stock fan mounts.

Most NON-REFERENCE cards are longer than 12"/300mm and won't fit, but the reference designs fit just fine. I've stated this a few times now...
Ouch, so many people stated that reference doesn't fit.
Do you know how it works when rotated? I don't want to go rotated. I would even install blower type on it from broken Vega or something if it would be possible.

Please, keep posting your experience with vertical GPU mountings. The more data - better for users.

Back