Hi, Bustbang reached out to me and said he received a message that he was "banned for running a business/storefront."

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPOSCORP

[H]F Junkie
Hi, Bustbang reached out to me and said he received a message that he was "banned for running a business/storefront."

He is asking if there is someone he can talked to to find out what happened, as I was in the middle of working a deal with him.

To me he was always one of the good guys in the FS/FT area, and I have dealt with him since 2012, and never thought he was business, and a, wondering if this was an error or not.

Looks like this happened just now, based on this current screen shot....looks like he was entirely deleted.

I respect the rules and decisions, so I hope you dont mind that I am reaching out on his behalf. Thanks in advance. AL

1642775942790.png

Looks like it's because he hasn't been posting outside fs/t except for one post in 2018. Rules state fs/t is for contributing members of the forum, meaning posting and replying to threads.
If his posting reflects using this place almost exclusively for the fs/t forum. This has been enforced for a while now. I’d suggest doing business with him outside of the forum if he reached out to you and you have his contact info.

Last edited:
Looks like it's because he hasn't been posting outside fs/t except for one post in 2018. Rules state fs/t is for contributing members of the forum, meaning posting and replying to threads.
That could be, except message he showed via a screen shot he took states the "running a business reason."
Also, I post 99% of the time in FS/FT, but I have donated some cash and do a lot of reading in other forums, but not much posting anywhere else.

That could be, except message he showed via a screen shot he took states the "running a business reason."
It's implied when you have 99% of your posts selling items. That's what people are saying.

Call it a hunch.

Well, those phrases are both under the same rule:
(25) FSFT is for HardForum community members and contributors. If you are viewed as running a business, or using our forums for a personal storefront, your account will be closed.

To counter the storefront comments, how many store fronts are buyers in 10+ of their last 15 transactions on heatware?

https://www.heatware.com/u/4874/to

Please understand that I am not asking this just for him, but I am generally curious.

I have been tech support for my family/friends since the early 90s, and usually either looking to buy stuff for them or help them sell their old stuff, so I mainly post FS/FT. I'd like to make sure I don't get in trouble too.

I do appreciate everyone's comments and educated guesses, but I am hoping some staff pop in and confirm the issue, and maybe offer a way for the user to return.

Do people still use Patreon to support the site?

https://www.patreon.com/HardForum

Or maybe its as simple as being un-banned and buying a lifetime subscription to the GM forum like I did. No better way to show support for the site then with hard cash.

Purchased upgrades​

• Off Topic Subscription - Lifetime$15.00 for 25 years
    Expires: Mar 3, 2046
    Off Topic Forums include the General Mayhem, Soapbox, Web Linkage Worth Clicking, Cars, and Hobbies, etc.

FORUM RULES APPLY

All monies from our subscription fees are reinvested into our forums.

FORUM RULES APPLY
still applies and could apply to you too if 95%+ of your posts are in fs/t. its meant for people that participate in the community, not use it as another etsy/cl/side hustle/etc. @ any of the mods or frgmstr if you dont accept the rule...
ps: i still get banned if a swear in the soapbox, membership or not.
https://hardforum.com/members/?key=staff_members

Last edited:
To counter the storefront comments, how many store fronts are buyers in 10+ of their last 15 transactions on heatware?

https://www.heatware.com/u/4874/to

Please understand that I am not asking this just for him, but I am generally curious.

I have been tech support for my family/friends since the early 90s, and usually either looking to buy stuff for them or help them sell their old stuff, so I mainly post FS/FT. I'd like to make sure I don't get in trouble too.

I do appreciate everyone's comments and educated guesses, but I am hoping some staff pop in and confirm the issue, and maybe offer a way for the user to return.

Do people still use Patreon to support the site?

https://www.patreon.com/HardForum

Or maybe its as simple as being un-banned and buying a lifetime subscription to the GM forum like I did. No better way to show support for the site then with hard cash.

Purchased upgrades​

• Off Topic Subscription - Lifetime$15.00 for 25 years
    Expires: Mar 3, 2046
    Off Topic Forums include the General Mayhem, Soapbox, Web Linkage Worth Clicking, Cars, and Hobbies, etc.

FORUM RULES APPLY

All monies from our subscription fees are reinvested into our forums.
Dunno, some storefronts only buy. Regardless, he wasn't contributing outside fs/t, and I suspect that was the primary reason.

He is asking if there is someone he can talked to to find out what happened, as I was in the middle of working a deal with him.

To me he was always one of the good guys in the FS/FT area, and I have dealt with him since 2012, and never thought he was business, and a, wondering if this was an error or not.

Looks like this happened just now, based on this current screen shot....looks like he was entirely deleted.

I respect the rules and decisions, so I hope you dont mind that I am reaching out on his behalf. Thanks in advance. AL

View attachment 434818
Bottom line is that his account status and dealings are none of your concern. The rules are clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back