Herman Miller 29% Off Logitech Embody, 20% off other chairs, Free Shipping

chizow

[H]ard|Gawd
I wouldn't call this a Hot Deal necessarily, maybe only for those who were on the fence about a Herman Miller Embody chair. This is basically the best price they've had it for, even before the price hike sometime last year where it went from $1500 to $1800. The 25% off takes it back to previous best pricing which was $1500 and 10% off for a total of $1350ish, which is the same price it is now. The Gaming Aeron is 20% off which takes it down to roughly the same $1350 price.

Edit: Looks like there's an additional 5% off Code that works for the Gaming chairs too: G2ESPORTS5, which should take the price down to $1290 or so + tax.

https://store.hermanmiller.com/gaming-chairs/embody-gaming-chair/2517590.html?lang=en_US

Some folks are going to think you're nuts for spending $1000+ on a chair, but those who have sat in a nice chair at work or bought one for home know they're invaluable if you spend a lot of time sitting in front of a monitor. There's plenty of alternatives too, like Steelcase, Humanscale etc. and they are all expensive in this price range for a new unit. Yes there are used units for a fraction of the price but there are pros/cons to buying a used chair vs. new.

I've had an Embody at work, as well as Steelcase Leap v2, Aerons, Sayls, Humanscale Freedoms etc and the Embody was always my favorite. I've been eyeing the Logitech Embody for awhile and finally picked one up in July for 20% off and its been fantastic, so much so that my wife has been coveting it even though I got her an Aeron years ago. So I went ahead and picked up a 2nd one for her during this sale and we should be good on chairs for awhile. Also, to help on the costs, while you can't take a tax writeoff anymore for your primary job even if you WFH due to some tax law changes a few years ago, if you have any kind of side business or contracting work that may allow you to take a tax writeoff on the chair. I'm not giving tax advice, make sure to check with your tax preparer or check the tax code before claiming anything on your taxes.

One factor for finally getting an Embody was that I always wished it had a headrest...and when I researched back in July Atlas Headrest was planning to release one. That release looks to be relatively soon in the next few months, which kinda sealed the deal for me since some of the other options have some really nice 1st party headrests.

Last edited:
Just an FYI for anyone that lives near NYC. In Brooklyn, there is a place called Industry City where there exists a store called "Design Within Reach", that HM outlet and sells Herman Millers for literally 50% off. HM Embody's are $750. Must go in person though and they do not ship.

Just an FYI for anyone that lives near NYC. In Brooklyn, there is a place called Industry City where there exists a store called "Design Within Reach", that HM outlet and sells Herman Millers for literally 50% off. HM Embody's are $750. Must go in person though and they do not ship.
Yeah Herman Miller bought Design Within Reach a few years ago, they're pretty much their retail/showroom arm now and they'll use them as shipping/distro centers as well. That's a great deal if you have an Outlet near you. I know they also sell Outlet Herman Miller chairs for 50% off out of their Holland Michigan factory store and I've planned for years to stop by when we visit the wife's family but it just never happened lol. Oh well.

Just a warning the box is big big big. Send the link to my wife last week and said this would make a great Christmas gift - well, guess what I'm sitting on right now? It was too heavy for her to hide or have shipped elsewhere. Awesome chair, BTW!!!

EDIT: box is also all black inside so it's really a cool box for kids to play in!

IMG_9538.jpg

Just a warning the box is big big big. Send the link to my wife last week and said this would make a great Christmas gift - well, guess what I'm sitting on right now? It was too heavy for her to hide or have shipped elsewhere. Awesome chair, BTW!!!
Haha yeah it is, the chair isn't even that heavy but in a box that big its unwieldy as crap. My kids used it as a spaceship for about a week and that's all we could tolerate before it went out for recycling. Just dominated their entire playroom.

I spent 5 mins on hold and about 30 seconds on the phone today with CS, explained there was a tweet for an additional 5% off Gaming Chairs, she asked for the order number and verified it was a Gaming Embody. Said the 5% discount would be applied to my original order in the next 3-5 days, no questions asked, didn't even ask for the code so they must've been briefed on the new code and potential for calls.

I have had my Embody for 13 years now. I had it re-uphostered once due to a fabric rip, but it is otherwise like new. I see no reason why I won't be sitting on it for another 20+ years.

There's a new CYBER5 code being advertised on the product page, but it doesn't look like it takes off any additional money like the G2ESPORTS5 does, at least for the Logitech Embody. May work for the Aeron and other models however.

Also, wife's LE arrived today, ordered Friday evening and its already here today even though the shipping estimate was sometime in December. FedEx guy left it by the garage door for me to lug in, I guess every 10-15s counts during this holiday season haha.

I spent 5 mins on hold and about 30 seconds on the phone today with CS, explained there was a tweet for an additional 5% off Gaming Chairs, she asked for the order number and verified it was a Gaming Embody. Said the 5% discount would be applied to my original order in the next 3-5 days, no questions asked, didn't even ask for the code so they must've been briefed on the new code and potential for calls.
Did your discount hit yet? We called yesterday and I guess we have a few more days to wait…

Did your discount hit yet? We called yesterday and I guess we have a few more days to wait…
Not yet, I think the CS rep said 3-5 business days after delivery so I’ll give it a full 5 business days after this holiday week before following up.

Is it worth getting the Embody over the Aeron. My Aeron is fairly new.
It really depends from person to person on all of these chairs, I just highly recommend anyone who is going to spend $1K of their own money on a chair to spend some time sitting in them before deciding.

Personally for me, the plastic frame on the front of the Aeron’s seat could get uncomfortable over time and dug in to the back of my thighs. The Embody and especially the Logitech version with additional seat padding is definitely more comfortable for sitting and also lets you cross your legs or have one leg under the other if you’re not super tall. The mesh while comfortable and breathable also doesn’t support as ergonomically as the Embody’s pixelated back support. The Aeron arm supports while clumsier looking are a bit more adjustable and provide better overall utility imo.

The Logitech Embody fabric is actually quite a big improvement imo in terms of staying cooler and also staying cleaner over time. The chairs in the office got pretty nasty with people spilling food or drinks on them over time. Aerons on the other hand are super easy to keep clean although they do tend to build up “lint shreds” over time on the frame behind the mesh. I can’t imagine this being great on your clothing over time either, especially expensive and delicate material like wool suits or cashmere sweaters.

Lastly, the Embody has a lot more customization on the back for both curve and support although it lacks dedicated lumbar support. If you need more lumbar support keep that in mind. The Embody also doesn’t have a lock on reclining setting, it’s more of a partial recline lock + tension/give system which I actually prefer.

Both chairs could use a headrest for reclining/relaxing so I’ll be adding Atlas headrests for the Embodys. I’ve used the Atlas for Aeron as well and it’s a worthwhile upgrade but I’ll hold off on it now that the wife has the Embody as well. The Aeron will end up in the basement for the Cricut/crafting workstation so it’s not wasted. I guess it really comes down to whether or not you want to spend another $1300 on a chair and if you can repurpose or sell the Aeron to recoup some cost? Problem is you’ll only get a fraction of what you spent on the Aeron as the 2nd hand market is heavily discounted for any chair. Also HM has a risk-free policy on their chairs so you can always try it for the 30 days and decide if it’s worth it or not.

Sat on an Aeron for about 12 years at work.. they're awesome. The only downside about mesh seating surface is that it wears holes in your pants. When it expands and contracts when sitting/standing/shifting in the seat, as it acts like little scissors or a cheese grater on your pants. The backside of your pants start to get little worn spots, and before you know it there's a hole worn through them. Had that happen to probably 8 pairs of khaki pants that I wore to work, with holes being worn in each after maybe 2 years. 10-12hr shifts, 5 or 6 days a week. I suppose it is easier to replace pants, but it does get kind of annoying. People complained about that company-wide, so they swapped out all our chairs with Haworth Zody's.

I am eyeing that Herman Miller Vantum in red/black for my next chair in my computer room.. looks great and would match perfecly.

I tried both the regular Embody and the Logitech edition at a DWR store. One knock on the LE is the fabric is a bit noisier if you slide around on it not that you should be doing that but that's what the store employee shared with me.

After owning the Embody for a year now, I prefer the seat cushion fully extended but you can easily knock it down a notch or two if you are like me. Call it bad posture or a habit but I tend to rest my feet on top of the legs above the casters, thus curving my knees over the ends of the seat cushion which sometimes lifts it up and brings it down a notch so I'm almost re-extending the seat cushion daily.

Besides that, the warranty service was awesome. My right arm cushion came with with imprint in the foam cushion due to packaging that wouldn't go away. A quick email to my DWR rep and they sent me a replacement cushion free of charge.

Just an update, I got an email from HM customer service today for the $73 or so credit for the additional 5% promo. I believe it’s been 30 days or so since we received the chair so that must be what is triggering the refunds once you’re past your return period.

Wife loves the chair as I knew she would and I’m very happy with the price!!!

Holy hell, I forgot to thank the OP in this thread. I pulled the trigger on an Aeron gaming because of the 20% off plus extra 5% and getting 0% APR financing through Affirm making it a no-brainer.

Thanks chizow & Orddie (y)

I didn't like the Aeron at all, that plastic rim that goes all the way around the mesh seat annoyed me greatly. I wound up with a Steelcase Leap v2.

Shame these really won't end up on office furniture refurb sites

I didn't like the Aeron at all, that plastic rim that goes all the way around the mesh seat annoyed me greatly. I wound up with a Steelcase Leap v2.
To each their own, I guess. So far, I have absolutely no complaints on my Aeron. I have had back issues for of my adult life due to Scoliosis and Spina Bifida Occulta; and so far, the Aeron has been the most comfortable office chair I've sat in. It has certainly helped keep me sitting in proper posture for long periods of time vs any other office chair I've sat in.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Leap V2 though. (y)

Had an Aeron at my last job. Quality chair, but my Leap V2 that I bought for WFH is much more comfortable. YMMV. Obviously it's best to sit in a few different chairs before you pull the trigger on something you're going to use on the daily, but that's not an option for everyone including myself.

That's the reason why I never bought an Aeron. I'm sure it's a great chair but that part seems like it would annoy me. I bought a Steelcase Gesture (home) and Leap V1 (work), both refurbs. Love them. The Embody looks nice af, wouldn't mind trying one of those one day.

Had an Aeron at my last job. Quality chair, but my Leap V2 that I bought for WFH is much more comfortable. YMMV. Obviously it's best to sit in a few different chairs before you pull the trigger on something you're going to use on the daily, but that's not an option for everyone including myself.

I saw this post and had to double-check that I wasn't the one who wrote it.

Had a Aeron at my current job when we were still working in the office, then bought a Leap V2 for WFH.

Leap >> Aeron

Few updates to this thread even though the deal is dead for now (back to 15% here and there).

1. Atlas Headrest is taking preorders for their Embody Headrest for $180 each in all major colorways and fabrics including all the Gaming Embodys. They’ve been making Aeron headrests for years, they’re a bunch of former HM employees and apparently use the same fabric and materials. Lack of headrest is probably the only knock on Embody for me, and price is in-line with similar headrest options on competitor chairs.
https://atlasheadrest.com/products/...H3Cr1H4pLybn6umRPIo4B3FOzLIPn4KRoCxFEQAvD_BwE

2. Apparently the big sale was in part to clear some inventory of the “old” black frame Gaming Embodys for a new White frame with pastel fabric and pixel mesh. Personally not a fan so I’m not missing anything with the new colorways.

3. For those who are interested in Steelcase, Amex is running a spend $750 get $150 back that will stack on top of any promo they are running. So if you get 20% off a $1500 chair, that’s $1200 and another $150 back through Amex. If you can split payments maybe you can go with the leather option and put $750 on two cards, but that’s less worth it imo. Check your card options, I get these frequently on everything from my Blue to Platinum card.

4. I did the refer a friend link when I bought my wife’s chair and it worked, got a $50 code I’ll use toward one of their cigar lamps or a clock or something lol.

Sat on an Aeron for about 12 years at work.. they're awesome. The only downside about mesh seating surface is that it wears holes in your pants. When it expands and contracts when sitting/standing/shifting in the seat, as it acts like little scissors or a cheese grater on your pants. The backside of your pants start to get little worn spots, and before you know it there's a hole worn through them. Had that happen to probably 8 pairs of khaki pants that I wore to work, with holes being worn in each after maybe 2 years.

Haha this is incredible - I have never noticed this with mesh chairs

This deal is back without the Free Shipping. I see 25% frequently now that I’m on HM’s mailing list.

I’ve had the Logitech Embody for over a year now and still love it, also got my wife one. I also picked up the Atlas Headrests when they went on preorder and I’ve had them about 6 months and they’re a great complement to the Embody.

No free shipping right now but they sent me an additional 5% off, most likely one-time use so whoever gets it first enjoy!

MZZY38CAAC
https://store.hermanmiller.com/gami...g-chair/2517590.html?lang=en_US&sku=100403353

They also added 2 new color ways with the white frame that are worth taking a look at. A little too pastel for me but would’ve liked a white/black or white/cyan option maybe.

This deal is back without the Free Shipping. I see 25% frequently now that I’m on HM’s mailing list.

I’ve had the Logitech Embody for over a year now and still love it, also got my wife one. I also picked up the Atlas Headrests when they went on preorder and I’ve had them about 6 months and they’re a great complement to the Embody.

No free shipping right now but they sent me an additional 5% off, most likely one-time use so whoever gets it first enjoy!

MZZY38CAAC
https://store.hermanmiller.com/gami...g-chair/2517590.html?lang=en_US&sku=100403353

They also added 2 new color ways with the white frame that are worth taking a look at. A little too pastel for me but would’ve liked a white/black or white/cyan option maybe.
Does your headrest flex back pretty easy? It makes sense from a design perspective I just want to make sure mine isn’t defective. Like if I put more head pressure backwards it’ll flex no matter how tight ..its meant to just support gently I suppose?

Does your headrest flex back pretty easy? It makes sense from a design perspective I just want to make sure mine isn’t defective. Like if I put more head pressure backwards it’ll flex no matter how tight ..its meant to just support gently I suppose?
It doesn’t flex, it actually reclines if that’s what you mean, I’d consider it more of a design defect than a mfg defect. They probably should’ve used some kind of interlocking teeth that lock together once tightened, but it is possible they didn’t want that much weight on the neck of the headrest to prevent it from snapping, so after a certain amount of weight it just slides back. I should probably revisit the Reddit forums and see what people are saying about that, it’s pretty much my only complaint about the headrest as it’s otherwise awesome. I guess there’s a little more left/right play than I would like too.

I think it’s really only a problem for really tall ppl who really extend the headrest. My wife has it low enough that the chair itself serves as a backstop and I’ve also found having the headrest in the curve of my neck is the most comfortable position which causes it to shift backwards less.

It doesn’t flex, it actually reclines if that’s what you mean, I’d consider it more of a design defect than a mfg defect. They probably should’ve used some kind of interlocking teeth that lock together once tightened, but it is possible they didn’t want that much weight on the neck of the headrest to prevent it from snapping, so after a certain amount of weight it just slides back. I should probably revisit the Reddit forums and see what people are saying about that, it’s pretty much my only complaint about the headrest as it’s otherwise awesome. I guess there’s a little more left/right play than I would like too.

I think it’s really only a problem for really tall ppl who really extend the headrest. My wife has it low enough that the chair itself serves as a backstop and I’ve also found having the headrest in the curve of my neck is the most comfortable position which causes it to shift backwards less.
Yes - reclines is a better term. I was typing from my phone and battling multiple children as you were the first "in the wild" person I have come across with one so I was excited. Haha.

It is annoying but I agree with you - otherwise great. The chair itself, IMO, is flawless. The aftermarket headrest (for what it is) is super impressive, too. Just wish they would let you lock in the position versus letting it recline with any decent force. It's kind of just there to cradle your head, I guess.

Yes - reclines is a better term. I was typing from my phone and battling multiple children as you were the first "in the wild" person I have come across with one so I was excited. Haha.

It is annoying but I agree with you - otherwise great. The chair itself, IMO, is flawless. The aftermarket headrest (for what it is) is super impressive, too. Just wish they would let you lock in the position versus letting it recline with any decent force. It's kind of just there to cradle your head, I guess.
yeah I hear ya about the kids haha, I’ll see what the chatter is about the inability to lock when I get a few minutes, whether Atlas is making some adjustment or there’s some DIY hack.

So this deal is back, Free Shipping and extra 5% off with 25% off

Code Cyber5

Every single year I look at this chair and consider buying but the responsible adult in me prevents me from doing so. I just can't get over that price, even at 25% off. It's pretty much equivalent to buying a Gucci product and I don't think I could ever forgive myself for that.

Every single year I look at this chair and consider buying but the responsible adult in me prevents me from doing so. I just can't get over that price, even at 25% off. It's pretty much equivalent to buying a Gucci product and I don't think I could ever forgive myself for that.

This is the only chair I've ever really liked. I've gone through DXRacers, Secret Labs, and Steelcase Leap/Gesture. The Embody is the only one that didn't give me back problems or felt like sitting on concrete after padding wears out. If your current chair is working for you that's great but if you're looking for a long term solution, then the Embody is the one chair you'd use for 5+ years. Probably worth the price tag if you're constantly going through chairs like I was.

This is the only chair I've ever really liked. I've gone through DXRacers, Secret Labs, and Steelcase Leap/Gesture. The Embody is the only one that didn't give me back problems or felt like sitting on concrete after padding wears out. If your current chair is working for you that's great but if you're looking for a long term solution, then the Embody is the one chair you'd use for 5+ years. Probably worth the price tag if you're constantly going through chairs like I was.
TwistedMetalGear, Exactly this. In all honesty its probably the most responsible thing I've done for supporting my gaming and PC hobby given how much time I spent on my PC, what pushed me over the edge was Covid and a shift to more telework at my job that has carried over to the present. This chair has a 12 year warranty and will probably last longer than that as long as long as its not neglected, or you don't have a crazy cat that tears up the seat cushions. I spent $300 or so a few times on chairs that just didn't do it for me but I knew what I was missing out on because I've used HM chairs at work and loved them. Its a big price tag to wrap your head around initially, but if you break it out over the years you will use it, and also factor in what you spent on cheaper chairs you're never actually happy with over that same amount of time, its a lot easier to justify, imo. Also, if you work from home and have any kind of side hustle you can write off the chair as an expense.

Reactions: cvinh
like this

so I went back and looked at some of the reddit threads on the headrest, it sounds like Atlas says this is how they wanted to design it for various reasons and it sounds like they did this for their Aeron headrest too.

One guy uses zip ties to lock it in place. I would probably just go with a velcro strap or small ratchet strap to make it less permanent and look a little better, but I've honestly just gotten used to it and don't put as much pressure leaning back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/atlasheadrest/comments/13mgeqr/issue_with_new_embody_atlas_headrest/

View: https://imgur.com/a/Fc6PRuJ

so I went back and looked at some of the reddit threads on the headrest, it sounds like Atlas says this is how they wanted to design it for various reasons and it sounds like they did this for their Aeron headrest too.

One guy uses zip ties to lock it in place. I would probably just go with a velcro strap or small ratchet strap to make it less permanent and look a little better, but I've honestly just gotten used to it and don't put as much pressure leaning back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/atlasheadrest/comments/13mgeqr/issue_with_new_embody_atlas_headrest/

View: https://imgur.com/a/Fc6PRuJ

That is great. Makes sense. Yeah - me too. Your teeth idea has legs, man - maybe next design sess you can get your $0.02 in. :)

Some folks are going to think you're nuts for spending $1000+ on a chair, but those who have sat in a nice chair at work or bought one for home know they're invaluable if you spend a lot of time sitting in front of a monitor. There's plenty of alternatives too, like Steelcase, Humanscale etc. and they are all expensive in this price range for a new unit. Yes there are used units for a fraction of the price but there are pros/cons to buying a used chair vs. new.
I always wonder if these are the same people that cheap out on mattresses too.

Quality costs, but quality also lasts. That cheap chair from the office store or that piece of crap "gamer" "racer" seat is going to be falling apart within 2-5 years. My Steelcase Leap on the other hand will probably last 20+. And considering I bought it as a referb, pretty damn good deal.

Ditto

Last edited:
Quality costs, but quality also lasts.

But sometimes cheap also lasts too. Case in point. My 10+ year old Staples Hyken. $140 chair btw.

Not a single thing wrong with it aside from some cracking on the rubber arm rests.

No back problems to report but I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this.

Back