Help with making the Right Choice on a Win10 nag screen

michalrz

Supreme [H]ardness
Guys, I honestly was thinking about doing some work today, it's the last day of the month and I have deadlines.
Today at work I was greeted by my phone screaming it's little speaker out.
Multiple machines got hit with a 'upgrade to Windows 10' nag screen with just two options - upgrade now or upgrade later. Since I'm in Poland Land, I don't know what to choose to avoid 'reserving' a copy and thus having my 7s upgrade to 10. Two of my work users approached me because they got hit at homes and now have 10s because they can't read.
One guy just appeared at work because he can't enter his bank's page since 10.
Can anyone show me a screenshot of how the 'risky' nag screen looks like?
Anyone else get this today/yesterday?
I can't afford a massive upgrade right now, I don't have the time to re-tune my workstations to fit my users' needs. I need this gone. So far I just told them to click the 'X' and not choose either. This is the worst day possible for this to happen.
Halp.

Oh my God.
Okay, I have to assume I have the one broken install. Because there is no way this should go out the door.
I have just spent two hours hacking around the thing and so far:
- web pages keep freezing for several seconds, browser becomes unresponsive
- the 'settings' page occasionally stops responding to mouse input and the system has to be rebooted
- the list of installed apps renders on half of the available space during scrolling
- UI buttons disappear and reappear
- 'Administrator' is spelled as 'Admnistrator' (PL version)
- it is slow as molasses during rebooting, booting, shutting down, anything really.
It's unusable. Can anyone please tell me how to make sure I don't accidentally download it to my healthy computers?
I'm no novice to new OS, but this is an alpha.

There are many tutorials on the topic start with this one...then we can try more invasive things:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/9...pgrade-to-windows-10-heres-how-to-stop-it.htm

There are a total of like 1-2 dozen Windows KB patches that add the telemetry spyware and upgrade nags to Windows, that someone out on the Internet made a Windows .bat file to remove, I'll see if I can find it in a bit.

Regarding your issues...I just did a de-crapified de-spywared clean W10 install yesterday and don't see your issues...Windows is one of the OSes that upgrading has never worked that well IME. Best "solution" is to not "upgrade" but always clean install.

Thank you! I hope this is permanent.

Yeah, I have a small statistical sample so - like I stated in my second post - I'm chalking it up to a driver bug or some other temporary thing. Because it's too faulty to work with and I simply don't believe it can be this bad.
I'll try to tame that thing.
Thanks for the bat!

Back